Escapist News Now: Watch Ten Minutes of New Transistor PS4 Gameplay Preview!

Watch Ten Minutes of New Transistor PS4 Gameplay Preview!

Andrea Rene sits down with Supergiant Games for a look at Transistor on the PlayStation 4.

Watch Video

Really looking forward to this game. Loved bastion. I hope the plan for a PC release hasn't been delayed.

ERM I think this game looks rather good. ERM if it's remotely as good as bastion I'll love it. ERM. Being a dick aside it looks like they're taking what they learnt from their first game and have improved upon it, replacing the weapon and power system with 4 ability slots with multiple powers that have multiple modifications.

Each ability can function as a modification for every other ability? and each "active" has two mod slots? That's some pretty serious depth, even with just the five abilities shown so far... and it shouldn't be overly complex either, with just the four abilities (and "Turn") to be aware of at any given time. I was already looking forward to this game (because I loved Bastion), but this... this has impressed me.

...and he said there would be "many more" of these skill/mod things? ...logically there should be at least 12 in total, which does fall under "many", but still... the maths are starting to get my mind all boggled, and I think I like it.

Being a Bastion fan, this has me looking forward to Transistor. I did not know it would be available on the PS4; at least then I don't have to wait for the pc version. I hope the soundtrack is just as good as it was with Bastion, that would be the icing on the cake.

It also kind of reminds me of Hyper Light Drifter, too. That is a good thing, since I am also looking forward to that game.

I am looking forward to this game more than any other in 2014. Bastion is one of my favourite games of all time and this is looking to be every bit as good so far.

Wow! I'm genuinely impressed! This gameplay footage trailer actually has gameplay footage in it! I was expecting at least 40% talking heads and cutscenes.

Oh, also the game looks good.

Here's some gameplay, courtesy of TotalBiscuit, that doesn't have any commentary/PAX noise over it, so you can appreciate that sweet, sweet audio design and music.

Sadly, this is of an earlier model, so you won't be able to see any of this new modding gameplay they have here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmlnUCK9oWI

UFriday:
Here's some gameplay, courtesy of TotalBiscuit, that doesn't have any commentary/PAX noise over it, so you can appreciate that sweet, sweet audio design and music.

Sadly, this is of an earlier model, so you won't be able to see any of this new modding gameplay they have here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmlnUCK9oWI

Okay.

THAT.

That is how you fucking sell a game.

Oh, who am I kidding? That kind of trailer only works if your game is good.

Greg freaking Kasavin! Now this man is a real legend!

He said PC out same day, odd you don't mention but yea i'll get this within the month looks wonderful.

It looks great, and I feel I'm obliged to buy it after getting Bastion on the cheap from a Humble Bundle, and I'm all but certain I'll enjoy it.

But I think the way she drags the sword behind her is going to drive me a little nuts. Raising sparks as you charge towards an attack in a big cinematic display is one thing; dragging your sword around behind you for an entire game is just bad weapon care.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here