Unskippable: Deception IV - Deceive Me Once, Shame On You, Deceive Me Four Times...

Simple death is too good for you, faceless soldiers who are only following orders.

Those poor schmucks. They should have realised they were being set up when they were sent out without faces, let alone backup or heavy weaponry. I doubt they would have won even if they only had to face a single witchette.

Yes we finally get narration! Too bad it's in Japanese.

ARGH, anime games just look so cheap and nasty to me. It's unfair and probably irrational but - blech.

Not going to lie, I thought this was that 'Conception' game at first.

VondeVon:
ARGH, anime games just look so cheap and nasty to me. It's unfair and probably irrational but - blech.

Depends on the game.

To be fair I played Trapt AKA Deception III after watching the Unskippable ep last year and it was fun, kinda.

Wow, and I thought Jim was exaggerating about the massive breasts those characters had. Good lord that one screenshot alone, they'd have to be demons to stand up under those monsters.

Boobies. That makes me wonder: When will you be doing the first outright hentai game? We all know it's coming.

Two Homestar Runner references in under a minute. How twice of you!

Assistant to the Regional Witch

"One question before you kill us, ma'am: are those REALLY cold, or is that just an expression?"

Wait, Deception IV? And it involves a hot chick using traps to kill various people when they come to her evil castle? Is this a third sequel to Kagero under a different name?

EDIT: Upon a brief Googling, yes it is. And Trapt was the third game. Wow, how many other 4< game franchises have had name changes for every single game like that?

You guys always bring your A-game with these anime games. You didn't even have to point out one of them looked like a dude.

Skeleon:
Boobies. That makes me wonder: When will you be doing the first outright hentai game? We all know it's coming.

I'd love to see the Loading Ready Run crew do a let's play of Saya no Uta.

Yeah. Kinda sad. The game hit its peak with Kagero: Deception II, and has gone downhill (Deception III), off a cliff(Trapt...yes, that's how they spelled it...with a reversed r, no less) and into a bed of spikes since.

Oh man the series has gone in an... odd... direction from the original tecmos deception on PS1. I remember that game being a lot of fun back in the day, but this looks, awful.

There's no such thing as too many tropes for an anime game

varmintx:

VondeVon:

Depends on the game.

Hmmm, I would make an exception for a game where most cutscenes are in 3D. Maybe my issue isn't with anime then, but 2d cutscenes and 'character interactions'.

Scars Unseen:

Skeleon:

I'd love to see the Loading Ready Run crew do a let's play of Saya no Uta.

Claw their own eyes out and end up in a padded room writing Lovecratian scraw all over the walls in their own blood.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here