Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Far Cry 2

This week Zero Punctuation travels to Fictionesia, Africa for Far Cry 2.

Watch Video

Finally, I was hoping for a clear one on this.

Farcry 2. Never got around to playing this.
Love the shift in accent at parts.
+10 points for Power Rangers reference.

oh those damn zebras

Lol, my thoughts exactly, the looks are really all the game has for it. Although Yahtzee seems to have played it for longer than I did before I got fed up with it.

Someone's angry today, hahaha nice

Hmph. Expected Gears of War 2.

Nice. I needed my dose of sarcasm for today.

ROFL! The BFF cake (and banjo pants) was the best!

I wasn't a fan of the accent, however.

Was that a South African accent or a Brummy accent?

stiver:
Farcry 2. Never got around to playing this.
Love the shift in accent at parts.
+10 points for Power Rangers reference.

Couldn't of said it better myself. All I can say is that I am glad that he finally got to Farcry 2 after what seemed like forever.

"Dis shit be real yo!" haha, that was great, the accent was amazing :D

Speeedy bannage up there.
Anyway, I liked it.
Never got much into the Cry Engine games, mostly because I'm in the demographic of "Poor Bastard" and can't afford a system/television to adequately handle the eye-bleedingly wonderful graphics.
Good to know the gaming industry, as a whole, is still following the proud tradition of giving us our cake, then watching us choke on it.

Good to see FarCry 2 finally getting bashed by ZP. It was necessary. What a pos game. Okay it was more like a review, but I think it was still getting a good whopping. Wasn't positive at least. Was it? Erm.

Oh god, the accent, though.

Damn that was a great one, almost fell out of my chair after the mutation reference and the power rangers one.

loved the dialect :D

I loved the accent throughout the video, nice. I also got confused by the game though, after a while you have no idea what to do. This is one of his few reviews I agree with.
I'd definitely shoot at a guy who was wearing a Michael Atkinson mask.

Seems like Yahtzee can't really make up his mind on this one. I'll pick it up anyway cause I've been looking for a realistic shooter for a looooooong time now.

Far Cry 2 was fun for a bit, but as soon as Left 4 Dead and Fallout 3 came out i lost interest.

+10 for Bear Grylls cameo.

Also, did anyone else feel like Yahtzee was reading with a different accent or something?

Didn't like Farcry, and wasn't planning on playing this. Now I really won't play this. Yay!

Accent...hurting...brain...don't...understand...ARRRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!

(Runs into the bushes and wets himself)

Now that that's overwith, I really didn't find Farcry 2 that "hooking," I suppose I wanted a more intense experience than I got, the whole thing starting off more than a little too slow. And the Malaria mcguffin was more than a little annoying.

Huh... does Yahtzee have a cold or something, or was the change in accent a subtle joke that I failed to get?

well i liked this one hope you can keep it up and another thing do you even look at these

the accents thing really got me laughing. Another review well done

Yahtzee has finally gone native it seems!

Nice accent thing, added to the experience.

Well I'm glad there were actually some review parts to this review. The last few haven't had many review elements. It sort of teetered out at the end there though.

Aconite333:
Also, did anyone else feel like Yahtzee was reading with a different accent or something?

Uh... wow. You missed that one completely didn't you? Hooray for ignorance.

The accents were brutal and annoying, much like he seems to think the game was. Shame, really enjoyed FarCry 1.

Great Review I've been waiting for this to make my day better and make me finally laugh - although the funny accents surprised me a little it was still another great ZP ;)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here