Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 17 NEXT

Wow. Are all Americans really this diluted or do you people really don't recognize a South African accent?

Or is this just more proof that the lemmings that post on this site don't actually play the games that are being reviewed and just go on the word of the almighty Yahtzee?

Ahhh no he has been in Australia too long! get out Yahtzee! Quickly before the change is permanent!

Yeah, not quite as funny as some of his other ones.

Still, it got the point across. That being Far Cry 2 is for people who have gotten sick of pulling the finger at pacing and want to do things their own way.

So, it's not really for me then.

That was a good review, although I feel like watching Lethal Weapon 2 now...and I don't know why...

While I don't mind accents, it was just a bit too much and I couldn't finish watching the review because it bugged me >.>
Otherwise, was a enjoyable review.

Accent was good
Agree with everything....the game does feel repetitive after a while
No mention of Multiplayer though

Okay, wtf? I have two browsers; Internet Explorer and Opera. In Internet Explorer, the video will play, but I can't maximize the screen. In Opera, I can maximize the screen, but the video doesn't play; the circle thing just keeps spinning forever after I click the Play button.

Time to try yet ANOTHER browser perhaps?

I havn't played Farcry 2 (or even FC1, for that matter), and don't get the referance of the accent. I've however come to the following conclusion; even people with accents can be bad at mimicing accents. :) Sorry Yatz, but that was a bad accent. ;)

So ah...did he like it or not?

LOL, that accent thing was great. I was laughing the whole time.

Wow and he didn't even get around to mentioning the stupid way weapon damage was handled and by that I refer to the fact that weapons jam and break after a fixed number of shots, particularly noticeable with the dart rifle. I'm glad he mentioned the complete lack of friendly A.I. though.

I was starting to wonder if he was going to do this game...I'm glad he did get around to doing it.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Far Cry 2

This week Zero Punctuation travels to Fictionesia, Africa for Far Cry 2.

Love the Man Vs Wild reference! lol It so true.

I recogonized it from all the episodes of Shadow Force that i've watched

icnfde:
Wow. Are all Americans really this diluted or do you people really don't recognize a South African accent?

Or is this just more proof that the lemmings that post on this site don't actually play the games that are being reviewed and just go on the word of the almighty Yahtzee?

someone probably got to this before me but FC2 is on the Dunia engine as opposed to the Cryengine or Cryengine 2

@the dude who needs a new browser: firefox is the best

Bear Grylls eats bunnies! Lol! Its so true!

'How many South African policemen does it take to break an egg...NONE IT FELL DOWN THE STAIRS, OK!

Didn't catch that the first time around, but I gather that by the final comment, Yahtzee has also watched Apartheight.......

Please, please never do that incomprehensible fake South African accent again. Seriously. (Your normal accent is perfectly nice.)

Great review! I played the first FC for maybe 3 hours, and gave up. Not my bag, never looked back. Regardless, I enjoy the reviews even if I know I'll never, ever, ever play the game.

I still want to know who the daft, idiotic guy is with the hair that STILL REMAINS NAMELESS!!!

Please, for my sanity, someone tell me!

very good job once again Yahtzee. All your points about Far Cry 2 are correct and spot on. But, and i hate to say this, something is wrong. For some reason your voice sounded bad like a bad cold on you got the sniffles. I noticed this through out the video but it came up clearly in the end when you and when you said actually. Now i'm no english teacher and i shouldn't be a critic after all your videos have been the penicle of my Wendsday for almost a year now but i don't something striked me as odd on this video. Well i better stop complaining and being an ass, great job and looking foward to next week.

icnfde:

It actually sounded more like a heavy Australian accent. But then again it was meant to be a 'bad' South African accent.

Wow. Are all Americans really this diluted...

Not if we concentrate!

Ba dum tish!

Two things I noticed.

One: I enjoyed the sirens in the back round. If it wasn't for these new headphones I don't think I would have noticed it.

Two: Is his accent getting worse or am I just crazy?

The Bear Grills reference made my day, another great one Yahtzee...

his australian accent really shined through on this one. It was pretty funny but that took me by surprise. I thought Bear Grylls eating the bunny was pretty funny.

I tried getting into Far Cry Instincts but just couldn't. The fact that a game has a stealth element in it but doesn't really allow you to use it just annoyed me. You're seen from yards away while concealed. It just wasn't fun for me. Anyways good review. I figure the second one would be about the same, can't wait for the next one.

The hell is up with that accent? I could barely understand him at parts. He already has a healthy English accent, but damn he sounds like he came from India or rural Australia than British.

People's stupidity really makes me cry.

ITS A SOUTH AFRICAN ACCENT!

Farkin'!!!!

Anyway, hilarious review, was spot on actually. Mervelous review, seems I con't pork my cor for fear of geeeeting shot.

XD

I'm not the only who starts talking like that when I play Far Cry 2?! Cool.

Good review, fair points and a hilarious impresination. And you seem to have sped up your talking a bit as well, which is good.

I now know to avoid Farcry 2 definitively.

Did anyone else think his accent changed randomly throughout the video? Or am i crazy?

Flap Jack452:
Did anyone else think his accent changed randomly throughout the video? Or am i crazy?

I actually took a second to read some of the comments and discovered that i am a huge idiot, sorry. Apparently lots of people noticed, and i shouldn't be so quick to post

I guess the memo to Yahtzee has been quite clear already:

"OMG! DON'T USE WEIRD ACCENTS CUZ ITS CONFUUUSING!"

The funny accent was great, but it did show what happen to Zordon after all these years, he goes and messes with you in Farcary...

I don't know if im stuck in a glitch or if im just a retard but in farcry 2 im stuck at a part were I'm trying to get a mission to cont. on with the story but I can't get a mission, the icon comes up saying theres a mission i can do there, and even the body guard at the door lets me in, but when I go to take the mission the room where the guy is is closed and theres no one in the building. Someone please help i don't know whats wrong or if i did something to cause this.

--EDIT--
i ofter too wondered why the game was called FarCry 2 it has nothing to do with the first FarCry (well as far as i can tell).

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here