Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

Armitage Shanks:
For me, the Apocalypse Now quote was the best part of the whole thing.

What part was that?

This was one of my favorite ZP reviews so far. As stable as a skateboard in a canoe, lol.

Good job Yahtzee.

p1ne:

Armitage Shanks:

What part was that?

This was one of my favorite ZP reviews so far. As stable as a skateboard in a canoe, lol.

Good job Yahtzee.

"I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one."
Its Willards line at the start of the film. It appeared in this review in the very last frame, after the credits. Don't know why, but I just cracked up lol.

did you fuck up your accent yahtzee? sounds weird at points

It sounds like your doing a bad australian accent impersonation

like the canadians on south park or Canadian Bacon

I actually love this game but Yahtzee made some good points I just wish Bear Grylls really was in it but maybe next time.

Enlong:
Huh... does Yahtzee have a cold or something, or was the change in accent a subtle joke that I failed to get?

Dude, if you think that joke might have been "subtle" you need to get your sense of humour reevaluated.

That was a good one, as usual. So, Gears of War 2 next week then?

Wow.
I feel awesomely offended.
Being both SOUTH AFRICAN and liking Spore.

It makes me feel all warm inside. Te he he.

Metalrocks:

Raymustang:
I enjoyed the review but the accent felt forced. I suppose its no worse than a South African Australian impersonation though

he is original from england but lives here in australia. british and aussie people sound totally different.

Sorry neglected to mention I'm a south African, the joke is we think we're horribly good at Aussie Impressions despite our complete lack of vowell usage.

I eventually became somewhat lost with this game, the missions ended up boring me and I became a hunter, looking for animals to kill then teabag.

To the first few posters - it's a south african accent that he was making fun of... *facepalm* Not perfect, but pretty close and funny anyway :)

@ MB202:
About Valkyrie - oh don't get me started... Between the American-accented German hero, and the other Germans with British accents...

That accent was great! And I needed someone to ejaculate fiery needles into farcry 2s ass

Cogzwell:

VaioStreams:
i have to agree with him. the open world sand box thing is getting kinda eh. i want a game that was well crafted has a set story and wants to tell me that story. the way proper RPGs and games were back in the PSone and PS2 days. the good ol days.

i agree, i do want a certain amount of customizability, but sandboxes are tiring, infact it makes me wonder why people are making sandboxes anymore? why not more games like
Half-life?!

half-life would be a refreshment to theses sand box FPS. at lest HL had a story. a good story. which is saying a bloody lot for any FPS. But as long as there are people out there that buy this crap. they'll keep making it. take the tony hawk series for example. the first 2 were awesome. then it just kept going with little to no real changes

Been waiting for this one! :) Its a shame there was no reference to the shit ending though.

I'm a huge fan of ZP and have never missed a vid, mostly because Ben's criticisms are hilarious but partly because they're never far from the truth. FC2 amazed me with how close Ubisoft (which is Canadian, right?) came to a true "African" experience. Being a Zimbabwean myself, I instantly related to the scenary, customs (bad driving, bribery etc)...but never really got into the game. The accents in the games were pretty much spot on too, but Ben's accent in this vid is a cross between a Brit that's been drugged with a morphine overdose trying to speak with marbles in his mouth, and a slightly backward Aussie who was educated in the desert by liberally beating him with a dingo. Was it a parody? I think not. Great vid as always Ben!

What's wrong with your voice Yahtzee ?
It sounds whinier than usual, as if you're trying to play a little kid's voice, but are too embarrassed to do so.

it took me a while to realize he was making a funny accent.. cause he kept losing it.. then coming back to it..

overall an ok ZP

I haven't played Farcry.. and I'm not too much of a shooter fan.. so no thank you..

When was the last time ZP did an RTS?

Great review!

but the accent sounded terrible. :D

funny as hell....but not nearly how we sound...

at 2:09 you can hear police sirens in the background if you listen very carefully. the cops are commin for ya Yahtzee! run! run! i'll hold em back!

The faux South African accent was pretty decent. I liked Far Cry 2 up until the debilitating, game-ending bugs and corrupt save files. I haven't even finished the game yet, it's so buggy.

What the hell happened tom your accent??

If he was just trying to poke fun at it then ye....but it didnt sound south african at all

Altorin:
did you fuck up your accent yahtzee? sounds weird at points

wow you really didnt get it!? i'm speechless

i love it when he reviews sandbox games, he always hates them!!!

Hit this weeks review right on the money, fun and annoying at the same time!

Another great review. I'm a little confused about the accent, though.

I pretty much agree with this review, I couldn't stand more than a few hours of it before turning off. What's that I hear in the background? Sirens? Oh noes Yahtzee has law troubles!

This video had a lot of accent to it. and yet that still made it more hilarious

Armitage Shanks:

p1ne:

Armitage Shanks:

What part was that?

Good job Yahtzee.

"I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one."
Its Willards line at the start of the film. It appeared in this review in the very last frame, after the credits. Don't know why, but I just cracked up lol.

Ah, thanks! I should see that movie; I loved Heart of Darkness.

I take it back.

The first time I watched it, I couldn't watch it because I thought Yahtzee's voice was so outrageously terrible.

Then a friend explained to me why he made the accent, so I watched it again and thought it was hilarious! Good job, Ben! XD

Stammer:
I take it back.

The first time I watched it, I couldn't watch it because I thought Yahtzee's voice was so outrageously terrible.

Then a friend explained to me why he made the accent, so I watched it again and thought it was hilarious!

It's been said alot in this thread (I imagine), but I can't take that accent. If it's revelant to something in game, I'll give Yatz props. But if Yatzee is just trying to pull off his down under version of a South African accent... well someone needs to insure it never happens again. :) (I havn't played FC, so I missed all points of relevance.)

Great episode but I have to say the accent was rather strange. I watch Zero Punctuation for a man with a very distinct voice to insult a game and make hilarious comparisons while speaking really fast, and I was thrown by it changing. It was like watching a favorite musician play a song with someone else who sings an entirely different music genre. Once in a while the other person chimes in and it confuses you as to his purpose untill he stops and you go back to enjoying the song like it was crack or, if you prefer, Branston Pickle. If its supposed to be a gag on a South African accent, I didn't get it.
All jokes Ididn't get aside, great review and I couldn't agree more with what you said. Really, no matter what I just said I still loved it, and the accent didn't bother me all that much. I'm fine with it. It's your Zero Punctuation, and I'm just on for the ride and a t-shrit or two.

Firia:
It's been said alot in this thread (I imagine), but I can't take that accent. If it's revelant to something in game, I'll give Yatz props. But if Yatzee is just trying to pull off his down under version of a South African accent... well someone needs to insure it never happens again. :) (I havn't played FC, so I missed all points of relevance.)

According to my friend, the whole deal was that the South Africans were all speaking a very stereotypic Australian. And apparently he did the accent spot-on.

You're right, the accent was a little over-the-top. But from my experiences with Zero Punctuation, his reviews are funniest when you've played the games. Otherwise you're just blankly nodding your head in false agreement.

Some of his reviews on games that I have played I didn't think were very good though. Namely his ones on Brawl and Spore. He got the mindset right, but he totally didn't even delve into the games and say what the real problems were. Both of those games have 100,000 flaws and all of his criticisms were centered around 1 or 2 of them.

This one was honestly too funny. I watched it wit a few buddies and we could not stop laughing. To top it off we were playing the game at the same time, and it is really clear just how true the things he says in this are.

Loved the accent too by the way, perfect job.

Yahtzee likes Doctor Who? For some reason that seems shocking. But not in a bad way.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here