Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

HaHa everything you said was true I loved the Power rangers reference.

Soullegend:
hmmm not too sure about the accent tbh (tho ive never been to S.Africa admitidly)

Take it from a South African (or Safa, or Saffer, or whatever the Australians/New Zealanders/British are calling us now): Yahtzee's accent sucks :P.

I know he was poking fun at the South African accents extensively used in FC2 but for the most part the accents were pretty spot on. Disregarding the fact that the a character's accent may change on the fly, of course.

ZP---Fanatic:
(To Yahtzee) BTW dude Love Your Videos :D Liked The *Speaks Higher Tone* Hilarious Australian Accent And the Heat on ZEBRAS! xD

I really enjoyed the accent . . .

mydogisblue:

Zulu-Echo14:
Did anyone notice something strange with the accent?

Jesus Christ man, it's the 12th page and people are still asking this question?

Well sorry, I have never been to South Africa, how was I supposed to guess?

I think we should stop talking about the accent and just talk about the review itself.

Upon listening to this on my headphones I heard something that I missed the first time.

Particularly around 2:15 in...anyone else hear sirens?

The Extremist:

Soullegend:
hmmm not too sure about the accent tbh (tho ive never been to S.Africa admitidly)

Take it from a South African (or Safa, or Saffer, or whatever the Australians/New Zealanders/British are calling us now): Yahtzee's accent sucks :P.

I know he was poking fun at the South African accents extensively used in FC2 but for the most part the accents were pretty spot on. Disregarding the fact that the a character's accent may change on the fly, of course.

I dunno, man, I think he was probably trying to approximate the accent of a South African who's lived in Australia for a while, as that's probably what he's surrounded by on a fairly frequent basis.

Also ek sÍ hos kallitz.

Great Review YZ,those accents made me piss my pants!

Loved it as always kudos to the Power Rangers reference- 20G

I love this review, everything is spot on! Far Cry 2 is a game produced for the mindless mass market, the consumer zombies who only want to shoot people and don't need a story.. "Story? I don't need a story, as long as i can kill people and blow up shit!" Dumb, just dumb!

This game shows perfectly how a company you can ruin a game, that could've been a masterpiece. Instead of finishing and perfecting all the detail gamemechanics, they release it unfinished to get quick $$$ from the sheeps. Disgrace!

It almost hurts to see how much potential Ubisoft blew out of the window. All the detail gamemechanics feel extremely rushed, buddy system, weapon shop, repetetive missions it just hurts! It seems they just created this big, beautiful world and then they didn't know what they should put in there, but yeah the consumer zombies will like it anyways, because they can kill people and blow up shit! Fail!

I must say the graphics are awesome, the africa setting was nicely done, but that's not enough for a player who enjoys good games. Hope the next Ubisoft is good and not a failure like this one.

Cool review, I wasnt too sure if you was calling this game bad or not

anyone else hear the sirens in the background?

you're nursed back to health by the guy you're supposed to kill...that's pretty weak.

Wow, this is exactly how I felt about Far Cry 2.

..Has anyone noticed that he has a slight Australian Accent in this video?
EDIT: Disregard that, good review, keep going!

Montgomery_Burns:
..Has anyone noticed that he has a slight Australian Accent in this video?
EDIT: Disregard that, good review, keep going!

No, because he doesn't. He was imitating a South African accent.

Seriously there are about 500 posts before yours discussing it.

Edit: Nevermind.

Great review but I did like this game even though ubisoft went in an completely different direction from "far cry 1". One problem I had was that when ever I would attempt to ride 2 feet in a glider someone half way across the map would see me shoot at the big bright red thing in the sky and there I would go tumbling endlessly for an hour and a half with no real progress made in travel. Despite ubisofts lame attempts to make the guns real for "immersion" all the ejection ports were on the wrong side. Meaning whenever i would go to shoot someone i would see nice yellow jelly beans shaped shells coming out the side of my gun. HOORAY REALISM!!!!!!!!!!!!

juraigamer:
oh those damn zebras

it's zeh-bras say it right or don't say it at all *humph*

Oddly enough this review made me go out and buy the game, which i am installing right now. I am a hypocrite, and i want to see the zeh-bras, maybe the rockers won't hurt me if i shoot the things that eats the zeh-bras

I must be in the massive minority in that I can, as a long time veteran gamer, say that far cry two may be the BEST GAMING EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD. Now, that may be because all the features and aspects of the game that most people hated might as well have been designed with my secret game fantasies in mind. I really, really got into the game, I enjoyed creeping up through the jungle and I particularly liked that, once you get a handle on what the missions are, you can plan ahead with an actual realistic idea of whats going to happen. Need to blow up something? grab your favorite explosive. Kill a random suit? something quiet and preferably with a scope on it. Convoy? RPG.

Beeiieetifuwal.

Honestly, I wes crecking oop leaghing with the lest string oof eccents.

300ccs of medicine:
That stuff you just said.

Wow, looks like I need to try the game now.

I'm not sure if anyone's already said this, but...

I believe the main link between farcry 1 and 2 is that Jack Carter is the Jackal. The names are quite similar, and in some of the tapes, he talks about his time serving in the marines and about how it taught him about avoiding legalities for gun running etc

300ccs of medicine:
I must be in the massive minority in that I can, as a long time veteran gamer, say that far cry two may be the BEST GAMING EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD. Now, that may be because all the features and aspects of the game that most people hated might as well have been designed with my secret game fantasies in mind. I really, really got into the game, I enjoyed creeping up through the jungle and I particularly liked that, once you get a handle on what the missions are, you can plan ahead with an actual realistic idea of whats going to happen. Need to blow up something? grab your favorite explosive. Kill a random suit? something quiet and preferably with a scope on it. Convoy? RPG.

I would have call this game a classic and still own it if the stealth aspect actually worked.

I'd find myself sneaking up on a guard,perform a supposed stealth kill,next thing you know every enemy in the area knew exactly where I was even behind cover moving away from the area with no line of sight.Stupid.
All that beautiful jungle to hide in and it was about as effective as cover as an umbrella in a hurricane.

I'm guessing the developers of these games don't go on the internet very often, 'cause if they did they'd see what kind of sludge flows from the minds of the average shmuck and wouldn't encourage it.
BTW, who's Micheal Atkinson??

canadamus_prime:
I'm guessing the developers of these games don't go on the internet very often, 'cause if they did they'd see what kind of sludge flows from the minds of the average shmuck and wouldn't encourage it.
BTW, who's Micheal Atkinson??

Attorney-whatever of Australia.

Meh i didnt like the accent,its funny every time i see it,he should stick to his Brit one,curse words sounds all the better hehe

I'm glad I only payed $5 for this game, because this review is spot on, there doesn't seem to be much of a point to the game. I am finding ways to enjoy it though.

You had a stronger austrailian accent in this

This game was a massive disappointment. I was really stoked for it as I loved the original (both on PC and console) and thought the concept of a free roaming jaunt round Africa was a really good one. It did bite a big one though: Stealth was more a less a losing proposition no matter how sneaky you tried to be and any realism went right out the window after you had pulled the umpteenth bit of shrapnel out of your maleria-ridden frame. Side missions were all the same and even the storyline ones lacked any sense of epic scope or drama. Oh and getting attacked at every checkpoint was just rubbish.

Such a shame as it had the potential to be epic.

In my daily habit of rewatching old ZP like the psychotic fanboy that I have inherently become, I noticed police sirens at 2:10 of the video. These continue for a considerable amount of time and I feel foolish for not realizing before.

Damn you short attention sp... Ooh a penny...

I'm surprised he didn't mention just how hard the baddies are to kill, with a 12 gauge blast to the chest having the same effect as kicking them in the shins.

I love that accent... but can you do an American accent? A challenge for you in your next review.

Great review, but Far Cry 2 was developed by Ubisoft not CryTek. After Far Cry Ubisoft and CryTek split and since Ubisoft retained the rights to the Far Cry name they went on to develop this pile of shiz known as Far Cry 2 with their new (and damn good) Dunia engine. CryTek of course went on to developed Crysis.

It's my contention that Far Cry 2 was really just a tech demo for Ubisofts' shiny new Dunia engine. The engine is fantastic, even on my low end pc Far Cry 2 looks stunning and is actually playable. But the game itself sucks.

does anyone hear the sirens in the background?

far cry 2 isn't made by crytek and isn't on the cry engine

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or