Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Enlong:
Huh... does Yahtzee have a cold or something, or was the change in accent a subtle joke that I failed to get?

no clue maybe

What is with the accent?
Seems like he purposely did it...which is odd.

In any case, it actually seem rather review-y! And funny!
Seems you can have both.

Zordon from Power Rangers.

Love it.

:]

i loved that accent...must learn to do that at some point...

DanTheBigMan:
Speeedy bannage up there.
Anyway, I liked it.
Never got much into the Cry Engine games, mostly because I'm in the demographic of "Poor Bastard" and can't afford a system/television to adequately handle the eye-bleedingly wonderful graphics.
Good to know the gaming industry, as a whole, is still following the proud tradition of giving us our cake, then watching us choke on it.

It's not the CryEngine btw, they used less than 2% of the CryEngine code.

In fact Crytek had absolutely nothing to do with it, it was all Ubisoft this time.

While I was starting to get annoyed by the rather heavy "aussie" accent Yahtzee appears to be throwing around all of a sudden the review itself was pretty good. Good to see I made the right choice by not buying it. I might just dig up FarCry now. :)

Greatly enjoyed his attempts at a bad South African/Australian accent, it changed things up.

hmmm... well the accent was certainly different, but it seemed to cropping up in the weirdest of times, like there was some guy with a "south africa" filter button pressing it on and off completely at random/because he was being tortured for information

sirdanrhodes:

bamforth:
at last

WATCH THE FUCKING THING FIRST. It's my weekly routine now, see how many people post prematurely.

You'll always find youtube like people who get a b*ner every time they comment first

Still not interested and buying the game.

But the accent killed me!

I didn't understand the whole switch of accent he went through in this review, does he have a head cold? Because that has been going around.

Aside from that, I have never played farcry one or two and this review gave me well enough reason not to.

Thanks Yahtzee, you saved me from something I considered buying.

Now I can go buy a much better game.

Enlong:
Huh... does Yahtzee have a cold or something, or was the change in accent a subtle joke that I failed to get?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing...I sort of just took it was an extra emphasis of sarcasm plus bile.

This is more of the blurghedy blurgh blurgh that some people said was missing from last week's ZP. It feels more like a review and less like a decent into cheap laughs about body parts.

Occasional mutations into South African accent + killing the Power Rangers + BFF cake + Bear Grylls = win.

The accent... amazing!
Yes, I think the baddie confused us all with acts of love.

Baby Tea:
What is with the accent?

Seems you can have both.

It was a South African accent, Tea. It was because the game is set in South Africa.

This game was naff.

He was doing an impression of the bad accents present in Farycry 2

what was up with his accent in this video? I thought he was a kiwi, but a few times in the video he sounds a hell of a lot like an aboriginee off of a crocodile dundee blooper reel. Oh well, I never played farcry, or farcry 2, but maybe I will so I can go drive over some zebrahs.

Arrgh the accent was annoying as hell. Sounds bad that you have to do a a lot of samey missions. Also suprised that you didn't mention gun jaming or map creation.

Better get Yatzee to the genetic engeneering hospitle, he seems to be suffering from accent mutation.

That accent bit was funny for a moment, then just degenerated into dead horse flogging. Most definitely could've done without it.

That bit about Zordon reminds me of Spoony for some reason... *Having consumed this video content, Sir Chumley goes to see if any other websites has anything for him to procrastinate with*

Fightgarr:

Baby Tea:
What is with the accent?

Seems you can have both.

It was a South African accent, Tea. It was because the game is set in South Africa.

You know that makes sense. One of the sales people at my work has a South African accent, and I kept thinking of her throughout the review.

Huh.

Enlong:

He started talking like a Sarth Effrikan. To mimic the South Africans in-game.

Baby Tea:
What is with the accent?

Seems you can have both.

Did you not notice that the game is set in South Africa, and he spoke in a rather interesting South African accent?

maybe since he lives in Australia the local accent is starting to rub off on him

EDIT: However unlikely that is

The accent sounded more like trying to do an Aussie accent then an South African, South African people in my experience usually talk with a deep and at points slow accent.

Still awesome as ever.

Aconite333:
+10 for Bear Grylls cameo.

Also, did anyone else feel like Yahtzee was reading with a different accent or something?

Man, nothing gets past you, does it?

what was with his accent?

Dan Brown's writing is exactly like throwing up on a typewriter. hooray!

Aconite333:
+10 for Bear Grylls cameo.

Damn, beaten to it!

Glad FC2 got it's review!! Bang on the money if you ask me!

The bloody zebras.

Great review. His explanation of what makes a sandbox game (widely varying content with a clear, overarching goal) was spot on. If only more game developers watched Zero Punctuation.

Shaves with a machete:
I didn't understand the whole switch of accent he went through in this review, does he have a head cold? Because that has been going around.

Did anyone actually watch the video? /sigh

He did the accent as a mockery of the cheesy South African accent he mentions is in the game. It's like one of the first jokes in the video. Listen to the part where he talks about if there are super mutants in the game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here