Game of Thrones Abridged: "The Lion and the Rose" - It's a Nice Day for a Royal Wedding

"The Lion and the Rose" - It's a Nice Day for a Royal Wedding

The latest episode of Game of Thrones has Ramsay Snow being an ultra-creepy sadistic prick, Melisandre giving a young child a pep talk, Bran talking to a magic creepy tree and King Joffrey enjoying his wedding day!

Watch Video

Mmmm, very jammy, very spongey, just the way I like to keep up to date with this show. \o/

You know, I probably don't want to ever visit that salon.

EVER.

This episode had me legit chuckling. Really hit it stride.

That was the most painfully unfunny thing I've seen on the internets for a long, long time. Seriously, that's just embarrassing. If you want to see abridged parody done properly:

Hawkeye21:
That was the most painfully unfunny thing I've seen on the internets for a long, long time. Seriously, that's just embarrassing. If you want to see abridged parody done properly

It's not that I'm biased, but I don't think this video is really funny, dude.

*gasp* Could opinions be subjective???????

I can't understand why people think this shit is funny

Last week was really good. This one.... not really.

Well... I still like it. Keep it up Matt, I've been getting a good chuckle out of these. I also see it as a good reference for later later in the series if I'm looking for which episode had a particular scene, since you're pretty much including at least a touch of every scene in the episode.

ironzorak:
I can't understand why people think this shit is funny

Then why are you still watching it? I find it a bit funny, so I'll give you the reason: Because people are different, and thus think different things are funny.

Sorry if that came across harsh, it's just that I wonder why people bother commenting on stuff they know they don't like, without anything constructive added.

Well I'm enjoying this format of watching the episodes, and then having matt take this piss. Please continue.

chozo_hybrid:
Sorry if that came across harsh, it's just that I wonder why people bother commenting on stuff they know they don't like, without anything constructive added.

They're trolling for the lulz.

When I read Joff's death in the books, I was annoyed that it was less than he deserved. I am pleased his onscreen death was more intense.

008Zulu:

chozo_hybrid:

They're trolling for the lulz.

When I read Joff's death in the books, I was annoyed that it was less than he deserved. I am pleased his onscreen death was more intense.

He died in a pathetic way, not by "combat" or anything like that, he was showing everyone what a little monster he was, then got choke on poison in front of everyone.

chozo_hybrid:
He died in a pathetic way, not by "combat" or anything like that, he was showing everyone what a little monster he was, then got choke on poison in front of everyone.

It would have been better if they used the same

that used to

This is... weak.

Kingbingo:
Last week was really good. This one.... not really.

Yreah. I realize its a deadline and editting thing. Also the original material and so on. but with all the ways you could go with this ... its a little weak.

Not as insightful, no glee at the death. The best bit is the barbershop bit but after that things get,... kind of flat.. okay there was the phonebook and the hobbit slam. Part of it is Jofferey's such a parody himself he kinda sucks commentary out being a walking one himself. Which is something that, from the outside looking in, I never got. They HAVE a system inplace for undermining underaged unlikable heirs. Its apparent all over. Yet its never used to box Joff so he's just winging whores with crossbows and having little girls beat up but for their faces. Who the hell listens and values commitment to him? Aerys makes sense as he has legacy and his madness was gradual and most of the people around him aLREADY are inclined to be that brutal just not that.. boundless and most of his crazy was behind closed doors (how he treated his wife or that of his court) Joff is a menace who implements shit decisions with no idea of proportion but he's a danger as to an ignored lame-o because.. what?

Fuck it--I like these. For a weekly five-minute derivative series they're pretty amusing. Keep 'em coming like this and I'll keep watching them.

Bran... Touch my face... BWOAHHHHHHHHH

xD

I always thought Dreadfort sounded like a shitty b-tier rpg location.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here