LoadingReadyRun: The Gatekeeper

The Gatekeeper

Protecting geekdom, for geeks everywhere.

Watch Video

Looks like I've got a new favorite LRR! I haven't laughed this hard since they did the Magic the Gathering skit.

I AM THE GATEKEEPER!

So does that make Paul "The Keymaster"?

Hmmm, tough choice: either picking up smoking or stop being geeky, for I have a lung capacity of over 2 liters.

Overmind78:

He does look the most like Rick Moranis of the two of them.

He is a man who personifies internet forums. He's not the hero we deserve nor is he the hero we need right now.

That looks like quite the precarious ledge!
Also, Gatekeeper, you are no longer allowed to smoke. Professional responsibilities, man!!! :\

DoorsBane:
Looks like I've got a new favorite LRR! I haven't laughed this hard since they did the Magic the Gathering skit.

I AM THE GATEKEEPER!

You can't be the Gatekeeper unless you've been watching since Season one, way before it was on this site!!

Synthetica:
Hmmm, tough choice: either picking up smoking or stop being geeky, for I have a lung capacity of over 2 liters.

If you don't have asthma, you're not actually geeky! I am the Gatekeeper!

OT: It looks like someone finally sent in a hat to Feed Dump that was too powerful for even Graham's mighty noggin to control. Sleep with one eye open, Victoria; a menace now prowls the streets of your fair city, and we can't get Spider-Man up there until like Thursday at the earliest.

DoorsBane:

I AM THE GATEKEEPER!

It sounds like you may not be aware of LRR's Friday Nights series, where thanks to the "It's Magic" sketch, Wizards hired them to do a full spinoff series.

Have fun! :)

Kenjitsuka:
Also, Gatekeeper, you are no longer allowed to smoke. Professional responsibilities, man!!! :\

I figure they're clove cigarettes, what do you think?

Alex&James were the best. Please make them returning characters :)

You know, I couldn't help but think that if the Gatekeeper stole every copy of Call of Duty before it was bought, preventing Activision from making money off it, gaming as a whole would be a hell of a lot better off. Stealing it afterward wouldn't do any good, because the bros would just buy another one. Oh God, that makes it even worse!

I'm only half-joking here, because while I'm against the idea of telling people what they can and cannot like and being self-righteous jerks about it, CoD is the one case where I allow myself to be a hypocrite about it.

If the Gatekeeper knew me, he would strip me of all my accounts, my non-existant TV, and my computer.

Great sketch as always!

Holy crap, you guys knocked it outta the park this week! This is exactly the kind of attitude that has been poisoning "nerd culture" for far too damn long.

ETA: Also, the fedora was probably my favourite touch that you added.

Overmind78:

There is no Graham, only Zuul?

Can this guy be real please? PLEASE??????

Spectacular personification of the internet, Graham. I love it!

OverEZ:
He is a man who personifies internet forums. He's not the hero we deserve nor is he the hero we need right now.

He is ever present and always watching. Some say he is a man, some say he is ten men, some say he is an army, others say he is either as girl or needs to get laid (and sometimes both). Irregardless, he knows about anything and everything and knows who the "real" people are and not the phonies who follow trends.

Also, Gatekeeper, do you even lift bro? Because IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN LIFTING AND RUNNING SINCE BEFORE IT WAS COOL YOU CAN'T BE PICKING PEOPLE UP AND RUNNING!

Graham sounds so much like David Hayter during the intro. Not like Snake, mind you, but the actor himself.

P.S. Thanks

Shaidz:
Can this guy be real please? PLEASE??????

Oh, but he is. You only need look on any forum involved in nerdy or geeky culture in any way, including this very one itself. Before long, you will find The Gatekeeper.

Note to self, if I ever seen the Gatekeeper in real life, I gonna smack him and it ain't cos of the MLP comment (no once can tell me what to like/ dislike)!

Minor error spotted... you didn't list Kathleen as "Appearing" in the credits.

(are you mad at her) :-(

Such truth, many zings, wow! This was a great episode because everyone who's ever been on a forum has been condescended to arbitrarily. I remember all of the Morrowind supremacy after Skyrim came out. Incidentally there were also Oblivion superiority complexes, so silly.

Did Graham spend too much time on the internet again? I swear, every time...

Also I was wondering, since Graham was acting and Graham was the only one operating the camera THEN WHO'S FLYING THE PLANE?! Did Paul finally invent some kind of human cloning technology or something??

Dat bro ass slap.
Great episode, really similar to a lot of the whining you hear online.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here