Escapist News Now: Dragon Age: Inquisition Release Date

Dragon Age: Inquisition Release Date

Dragon Age: Inquistion announced a release date: October 7th.

Watch Video

Digital Deluxe DLC...several months out and they are already setting content aside for DLC. What can I say that hasn't been said already?

On the one hand, it's only cosmetic stuff. On the other hand, it is almost certainly hard-coded into the disc, and we are paying for the unlock. This (additional cosmetic DLC) stuff should only come into play in that interim period after the disc has already gone gold.

As for the game itself, I do actually want to play it. It looks interesting. However, I am still disillusioned after the DA2 and ME3 fiascos, and EA has yet to prove itself worth a first day (or non-preowned) purchase on any of their products, not to mention a likely Origin requirement on PC.

Unless the mod community hits it big on this one, I am probably going to wait for the GOTY that comes out a few months later, used, for console...

Seracen:
Digital Deluxe DLC...several months out and they are already setting content aside for DLC. What can I say that hasn't been said already?

On the one hand, it's only cosmetic stuff. On the other hand, it is almost certainly hard-coded into the disc, and we are paying for the unlock. This (additional cosmetic DLC) stuff should only come into play in that interim period after the disc has already gone gold.

As for the game itself, I do actually want to play it. It looks interesting. However, I am still disillusioned after the DA2 and ME3 fiascos, and EA has yet to prove itself worth a first day (or non-preowned) purchase on any of their products, not to mention a likely Origin requirement on PC.

Unless the mod community hits it big on this one, I am probably going to wait for the GOTY that comes out a few months later, used, for console...

With you there man. There was a time I looked forward to a new release like a cancer victim looks forward to a cure. Now I just don't care anymore. There was a time I owned all the books and comics for mass effect AND dragon age now I can't even care enough to wiki the books. It's more depressing then anything. I WANT TO BELIVIE.

IceStar100:

With you there man. There was a time I looked forward to a new release like a cancer victim looks forward to a cure. Now I just don't care anymore. There was a time I owned all the books and comics for mass effect AND dragon age now I can't even care enough to wiki the books. It's more depressing then anything. I WANT TO BELIVIE.

The "Hype"™: it's Real® enough to #BelieveInSherlockHolmes. Buy into it my son. Be a real Wizard.

I'm a horrible person.

And yeah pre-order bonuses and junk. Woohoo. Mountain Dew armor or bust, sorry Bioware.

The bust would be preferred in marble.

*Remembers Dragon Age 2*

Please don't be terrible. Please don't be terrible. Please don't be terrible.

That's the truly sad part of my hate towards Dragon Age now, is that I really want it to be good. After DA2 though, I don't know if I can see that happening.

Can someone just wipe my memory of Dragon Age Origins and I can just play that again for the first time. Or just release it again and call it Dragon Age 3. JUST TAKE MY MONEY, DAMN IT!

In all seriousness though, I don't know if I'll be able to resist buying this immediately, even with my absolute hatred for DA2 (I call it my personal worst game ever). Just because of good faith from DA:O...

I'm hoping the sane part of me reminds me of the pain of DA2 and I am able to hold back.

I am still playing through origins for the first time. Highly entertaining characters and dialogue. Dont think ill ever try 2 after everything ive heard. Trust EA to stick to their pre planned DLC money siphoning ways. God forbid they release a full game for standard price with no piss take DLC! That would mean a life of slightly less luxury for those execs.

DA2 and ME3 both recieved demos, I hope they will do one for DA3 aswell, it looks suspiciously convincing so far.

Imre Csete:
DA2 and ME3 both recieved demos, I hope they will do one for DA3 aswell, it looks suspiciously convincing so far.

I second this notion. The game looks lovely and I remain cautiously optimistic but for myself I need a little more proof that it's worth my while.

It's funny, if this wasn't from EA/Bioware by the gameplay footage and trailers alone I'd probably be buying it first or second day.

Oh my how things have changed...

10 bucks for cosmetics and some gear on a single player game, announced MONTHS before the game even goes Gold. So yeah, definite double dipping. Just as long as they don't pull that bullshit by locking out a story relevant extra companion ala From Ashes. I swear to God, if I hear that they're offering a

in some kind of special edition, I'll flip a table.

Its EA.

action RPG... like Zelda or like Diablo?

is there some gameplay somewhere?

red255:
Its EA.

action RPG... like Zelda or like Diablo?

is there some gameplay somewhere?

Yep! One moment...

There, it's a bit noisy because this was never posted on their site as a gameplay showcase, but it's been shown at different locations. It's a tactical RPG that can be played as an action RPG, essentially.

So much vitriol... Unfortunately I dropped all my disposable income for the next few months on a horde horribly mis-painted second-hand WH40K Space Marines and crafting supplies. I'll probably be indisposed until the Steam holiday sale.

I'll just sit the launch out and wait to see what kind of hell breaks loose on the EAWare forums.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here