Miracle of Sound: Dream of Goodbye (BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Song)

Damn I love the creepy vibe both of the last songs have had. I was kind of hoping this one would progress into full on doom metal like the Dark Souls one, but that wouldn't be as fitting for this one. Can't wait for the next one Gavin!

A follow on for one of my favourite ever songs.
Very atmospheric and fitting for the mods.

I salute a true artist, my friend.

Really liked the Sander Cohen part of the song. Very artsy and very creepy.

I always found it neat that the art part of Rapture went the most insane and twisted when things went to hell.

You can expect things to go nuts when rules and morals are thrown out of science and industry.
But who could guess more twisted death and atrocities would come from the "artists" of Rapture?

Then again, I guess that depends on what you consider art.

:D Anyway, good song.

Fantastic stuff Gav. Your Bioshock trilogy of songs are some of your best work.

Damn good stuff Gav!

Really enjoyed your Bioshock stuff. Really mixes well with each other with the lyrics and themes you have going on in them.

My ears are happy. :D

So, Little Sister and Dream of the Sky had a baby? Yeah, I can dig it. :P

Gavin's back! Hooray! And with another BioShock song!

Wow. This was great. I think I actually may have liked this even better than your other two Bioshock songs (No small task, I love your other Bioshock songs). Well done, Gavin.

Dream of the Sky is still my personal favorite of the trilogy, but the ending to this one is hauntingly memorable. It's...I'm having trouble coming up with the proper words for how great it is.

EDIT: After listening to it again, I take back what I said. This is @%&$ING AMAZING, and Ken Levine oughta get in touch with you about making the theme to his next game.

Another great masterful song about the bioshock franchise from a very talented musician. I feel this was fitting to end the bioshock series and songs with, and matches the mix of the two arts together. While dream of the sky definitely felt more epic in tone, I enjoyed this more somber melody of this one. I always love your work man keep it up!

Damn this is a good one! almost better than Dream fo the sky

I think I'll buck the trend and say that while this song is good, it still doesn't top Little Sister for me. I still find that one superior to the other pieces because it's less referential, and works better as an isolated piece of music than a retreading of the game's plot beats in melodic form. I haven't played Burial at Sea, but even after playing Infinite I couldn't get all super jazzed up with structure of Dream of the Sky. Also, Little Sister had a certain ambiance created by the pulling in and out of the base, an effect that simulated waves, that I have yet to hear in a similar analogy to wind in these other songs (or actually, in most of the your other work, it's kind of unique that way).

Anyway, keep up the songs, Gav!

Fantastic as always, Gav. Your Bioshock ones are probably the best you've done. Really fantastic female vocals as well.

While I still like "Dream of the sky" more this is a wonderful ending to a series of songs based on a wonderful ending to a series of games. What's that? They are going to make more Bioshock games but with a different studio? I'm not saying Bioshock 2 was bad and stands as living proof that future bioshock games will be terrible (mostly due to Miranda's den) but there is a reason why Gavin hasn't made a Bioshock 2 song.

This may be my new favorite song of yours, haha! There's just something about this one that I really like, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's just how seamlessly and effortlessly every section flows together? Regardless, I think this is your best one yet.

Nicely done! I think my favorite of the three is "Dream of the Sky", but this is still pretty good. It's melancholy and intense, just like Burial at Sea. And the ending of the games, while fitting, was depressing as hell...

I didn't play this, but great song!

Mistilteinn:
This may be my new favorite song of yours, haha! There's just something about this one that I really like, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's just how seamlessly and effortlessly every section flows together? Regardless, I think this is your best one yet.

Glad to hear that :) Wasn't easy to follow up Dream Of The sky let me tell you! Haha

Voulan:
Fantastic as always, Gav. Your Bioshock ones are probably the best you've done. Really fantastic female vocals as well.

Lorna's a star. Brings the song to life!

shiajun:
SNIP

If only every criticism went into this much detail about what & why it didn't click as much as it could have. Thanks for the fair feedback, much appreciated!

Nooners:

EDIT: After listening to it again, I take back what I said. This is @%&$ING AMAZING, and Ken Levine oughta get in touch with you about making the theme to his next game.

Hehe, I have to tried to get Ken to listen to Dream Of The Sky and this but I fear it got lost in a sea of tweets or he presumes it's going to be some crappy parody song or something.

colostomizer:
A follow on for one of my favourite ever songs.
Very atmospheric and fitting for the mods.

I salute a true artist, my friend.

Thank you :)

I like this song! I'll admit that it is not my favourite, I always prefer a bit "oomph" and speed, - Dream of the sky worked well in that part, with the changing up of the music every now and then - but it is still a supremely good song, as always.

Wonderful song Gavin, and an excellent performance from Lorna. You really managed to match the song with both how the Burial at Sea story played out and with your previous songs inspired by the Bioshock games (all of which I consider some of your best work).

I actually listened to this on Spotify yesterday morning, realized immediately it was about the Burial at Sea DLC, went and played through them, and I was genuinely sad about the way it ended. But I enjoyed having some closure for once. And even though I correctly guessed how most of it would play out, much of it before starting the DLC (probably due to still remembering Bioshock), it was quite the journey. You can tell that the characters are Ken Levine's babies and he made sure to close their stories, so that no one else would mess with them.

Aside from that you and Lorna continue to make a great vocal pairing, and I think most of us would really enjoy hearing both of you together again. All in all another great song, and I thank you for continuing to work hard and producing excellent music that we keep listening to long after we're done with the games and TV that inspired them.

Great work on the video too. :)

Well, I'm struggling. Dream of the Sky is my favourite, but this is a serious contender. Doesn't help that I'm still a bit wrapped up in the ending of the DLC...

Zorg Machine:
While I still like "Dream of the sky" more this is a wonderful ending to a series of songs based on a wonderful ending to a series of games. What's that? They are going to make more Bioshock games but with a different studio? I'm not saying Bioshock 2 was bad and stands as living proof that future bioshock games will be terrible (mostly due to Miranda's den) but there is a reason why Gavin hasn't made a Bioshock 2 song.

Honestly, Little Sister has always felt way more like a Bioshock 2 song than a Bioshock song. I know that's not the source they chose to take their video clips from, but it just generally suits the mood of the second game more than the first for me.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here