Unskippable: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - As Narrated by Jack Bauer

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - As Narrated by Jack Bauer

Also starring the Red Skull's lesser known cousin, Skull Face!

Watch Video

Did we really expect anything deeper than "Skull Face" from Kojima?

Also, this intro was so boring the Unskippable voiceover barely kept me tuned in. Dull dull dull dull.

...So what exactly just happened there?

SlightlyEvil:
...So what exactly just happened there?

My thoughts exactly. That was one confusing opening to a game.

If you guys are calling this a bad FMV, then maybe this feature is past its expiration date.

Wait, why did the mirror reflection of that Fox patch show as if it were normal left to right text? Ok... so they are made reflective backwards? Strange.

So I'm guessing these guys recruited their soldiers from the Spaceballs.

Sense that cutscene did not make.

I did not get anything of what just transpired there

I actually kinda liked the cutscene, it is slow paced, but it works in its favor. (In my SUBJECTIVE taste) I can certainly see why it would disagree with someone, but there you go.

Also love that song.

Bau Bau Bauer wheels!

.......I'll just see myself out.

I must know the secret to Skull Face's adhesive head. That hat can't possibly stay on with no help under the helicopter blades.

Alin Dobrovolschi:
I must know the secret to Skull Face's adhesive head. That hat can't possibly stay on with no help under the helicopter blades.

Nanotech hatband. If the MGS universe has one rule, it's that all awesome technology is used in the most impractical manner possible.

OT: So, are we not going to mention the fact that the kid in the cage unplugged his headphones from his chest? I don't know what sort of soundtrack his own body provides (aside from the obvious heartbeat), but even a Walkman must have been a step up.

So where were Snake/Big Boss and Miller (is that who that was) where they could talk about the rescue mission?
Also, those helmets look more like Wiffle balls!
It was strange to hear Sutherland as Snake instead of Hayter, IMO. I think if anyone's a more valid non-Hayter VA for an older version of Big Boss, it would be the dude who was Solidus Snake in MGS2.

Thunderous Cacophony:

Alin Dobrovolschi:

Nanotech hatband. If the MGS universe has one rule, it's that all awesome technology is used in the most impractical manner possible.

Like helicopters controlled by hand signals.

Hail Hydra! ...I mean XOF.

Hot Girl Face was unfortunately Raiden; Not a Hot Girl.

I wouldn't put it past Kojima to actually use the "Face" bosses. Don't give him ideas!

Skull Face, one of the lesser-known Dick Tracy villains...

If you actually imagine Ground Zeroes as a standalone episode of 24 then it's quite a good one!

Lightknight:
Wait, why did the mirror reflection of that Fox patch show as if it were normal left to right text? Ok... so they are made reflective backwards? Strange.

It's for a retro division of Fox hound that couldn't afford two sets of sprites for the left and right facing characters...
you know like Guile and his wrong sided American flag:
http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/81608-street-fighter-ii-dos-screenshot-guile-s-sonic-booms.png

Zachary Amaranth:
Also, this intro was so boring the Unskippable voiceover barely kept me tuned in. Dull dull dull dull.

I started listening to the song in the background instead, I must admit. "Here's... to you... nananananah."

That voice, it is just not right :(

Skeleon:

Zachary Amaranth:

I started listening to the song in the background instead, I must admit. "Here's... to you... nananananah."

It's definitely more memorable. Which is weird to think. I don't remember it well, but I do remember it over the dialogue.

They are driving on a concrete road in a concrete base. WHY IS THE CAMERA SO GOD DAMN SHAKY?!

"And let's not forget "Hot Girl Face", the boss who is just a hot girl."

Hey! No fair peeking at Kojima's design documents!

Also, loved Paul's Harpo Marx joke, which even got a laugh out of Graham. :)

Seriously?
No one went for the obvious Villain "Black Face"?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here