Daylight Review - Slender Pickings

Daylight Review - Slender Pickings

A ho-hum jaunt through familiar horror territory.

Read Full Article

And people say AAA development is out of ideas... I wonder what the next indie game will be: A Dayz Clone, a Minecraft clone or an Amnesia/Slenderman Clone? Maybe a mix of all three?

Come on indie devs you should be the innovators, remember? Leave the stagnation to EA and their ilk.

Jasper van Heycop:
And people say AAA development is out of ideas... I wonder what the next indie game will be: A Dayz Clone, a Minecraft clone or an Amnesia/Slenderman Clone? Maybe a mix of all three?

Come on indie devs you should be the innovators, remember? Leave the stagnation to EA and their ilk.

There is still a lot of innovation going on but the sheer amount of developers attempting to jump on various bandwagons is threatening to down much of it out. PewDieBait, quick generic unfinished cash-ins and Early Access clones are making the Steam games scene looks more like the toxic mobile games scene every day. It's not helped by the fact that Steam has become a dumping ground.

Didn't Jessica Chobot write the story for this game? Is there a level where you find her in your house licking all your stuff?

had some interest when i saw it on steam but after watching some gameplay videos, it didnt look that good to me. since someone on steam forum told me that its pretty much collecting a certain amount of notes to proceed.
amnesia bored me (no really, it was boring for me) this installment will not really excite me. i only played the beta version of slender and it wasnt that creepy either.

so yeah, a pass for me. busy with other games anyway.

Jasper van Heycop:

SlendermineZ! Coming soon to an internet near you!

Chill:
Didn't Jessica Chobot write the story for this game? Is there a level where you find her in your house licking all your stuff?

Indeed she did. In fact, it was bandied about quite frequently by the studio as if it was something of actual importance. Of course, it's good to know that her years spent being nothing but a tongue on a PSP and one of the weakest characters in Mass Effect 3 did well in writing for this game.

I had come into this review expecting the story to be torn to shreds, but as I find out, it's barely worth mentioning other than it fits perfectly with the whole "Take Slender, add HD" bland motif this game was apparently gunning for.

Though, honestly, if there was an instance where you saw her just licking everything in a room, that actually might be scarier than the game itself.

Well, I'll enjoy Minx's play-through of it, if nothing else. :/

This is from the studio that made 2011's awful "blackwater" game, widely derided as one of the worst games of 2011, if not THE worst game of that year. They have a history of making bad, bad, bad, games (although I have been told that some of the Blacklight games they made are decent enough).

Well this is disappointing. I had some high hopes for this one too. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to hope for Routine, Soma, Among the Sleep, and all the other Run-N-Hide horror games will be better.

Pallindromemordnillap:

Jasper van Heycop:

SlendermineZ! Coming soon to an internet near you!

I can't say I wouldn't play that....

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here