Escapist News Now: Smash Bros. E3 Tournament Announced

Smash Bros. E3 Tournament Announced

Nintendo has decided to run another Nintendo Direct feed at E3 this year, but its also going to host a Super Smash Bros. Invitational Tournament live at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles the same week.

Watch Video

Oh great, another circle jerk of no items, fox only, FINAL DESTINATION.

The only people who play those are the same people who like to have their "Everything shield" on the playground.

So wait, Nintendo skips E3 AGAIN, just to host their own online thing, a little E3/Best Buy Tourney for Smash 4....and everyone else is locked out? us Brits (and pretty much rest of the world) would want to play the game too, i don't want to find out that Captain Falcon is re-reconfirmed (alluded to in a sakurai interview somewhere, about tripping) over more newcomers...assuming Nintendo even updates information on the dot.

Can't imagine how the developers of Yarn Yoshi must be feeling, to be leaked through a developers' mode on the Wii U, then silent until an E3 where Smash Bros, Yoshi's New Island and Mario Kart 8 overshadowed it...which is highly unusual, which in turn doesn't make Nintendo that bad because by the time E3 rolls in, chances are all the games they have concrete information would have already came out...sans Yarn Yoshi. More Star Fox? Zelda? heck, even 3rd Party info might be nice...like Dragon Quest VII, apparently Square Enix were throwing the western release under a bus by blackmailing Nintendo by threatening to take away Bravely Default's rights from them if they attempted to translate it....just so Square Enix would milk it and the first 8 games for iOS and Android.

>Mario Galaxy 3

Yeah okay.

I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if it happens. But come on now....99.9% it's not going to.

Why are people mad about this? Hosting a smash tournament is a good idea. Especially from a business point of view.

Timewarpman1:
Oh great, another circle jerk of no items, fox only, FINAL DESTINATION.

The only people who play those are the same people who like to have their "Everything shield" on the playground.

I think they're annoying too, but bear in mind that this is E3, and the people who gather there will probably be those exact people. Why not give them what they want? I like items, but I'm not going to be there.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here