8 Television Shows That Could Use Neil Degrasse Tyson

8 Television Shows That Could Use Neil Degrasse Tyson

Neil Degrasse Tyson has brought us the universe, today we propose that he could make some television shows even better. The Cosmos star could make television even more exciting, let's see how.

Read Full Article

Dude, what about Mythbusters? He could inject some real science into the show.

Now if only Battlebots was still on the air...

MinionJoe:
(Snip).

Mr. Fist met Mr. Forehead when I didn't think of that myself; that show seems like the sort of thing he'd be pretty interested in. He did manage to liven up an episode of The Big Bang Theory.

MinionJoe:

Bill Nye or Paul Zaloom would be better choices. I'd actually like to see him have his own morning science program like they had; everyone would want to get up early.

Argh! I was just suckered into another Gallery of the Day that crossbreeds pop culture with the first 8-10 picks on a google search. Seriously, this is awful, it has been awful in the past, and will likely to continue to be so. The worst thing is that I keep stumbling back into GotD because it takes a subject I am usually interested in and handles it in a manner that lacks humor, wit, or insight. If this is going to be salvaged in any way, then please write something more than a couple of lines attached to a picture. Don't just randomly assign random pop culture icon to random pop culture reference. Actually work to establish a connection and if there is no connection, just don't bother.

Wow, the gallery of the day sunk yet another level. I've specifically avoided attacking the author before, but this is just a new level of sadness and misery.

Where the HELL did you get the idea that Tyson+anything is automatically good? Yes, the internet loves him for some reason, and he's a fun and decent guy as for as I'm concerned, but that doesn't mean you can throw him in something and claim you've got a readable feature.

So basically, a bad and lazy concept, executed badly and lazily. Honestly, I'm through saying that the GotD still has potential, it's just getting worse. Can't really defend the author anymore, not for things like this and that completely horrible wonder woman thing. Nobody seems to know where this is going, and i'm starting to get annoyed more and more by it. Yes, it's a feature on a free website and I don't have to read it. But if the content on your free website is bad, your website is bad and you should feel bad.

Really though. After ALL this criticism, people who complained, and people who suggested how to do things better, NOTHING HAS CHANGED AT ALL. It's just gotten even worse and even more lazily put together. I don't believe there's really a future for this thing anymore, at least not in it's current form. If for some weird reason, this has to go on, take a month or two to figure out a new angle and restart, but at least plan ahead. Previously I said that it just LOOKED like it had been put together in 30 minutes, now I'm fairly convinced that someone actually gets working on this 30 minutes before it is uploaded.

YouTube personality Steve Shives ends his "Five Stupid Things" videos with "The hardest part is only picking five."

I think this needs a similar end line.

MinionJoe:

Mytbbusters + actual science = not really Mythbusters anymore.

Actually, that's kind of the problem with the examples like NCIS. NCIS + science = a loss of viewers. Pretty sure the same's true of Survivor.

Barbas:

Mr. Fist met Mr. Forehead when I didn't think of that myself; that show seems like the sort of thing he'd be pretty interested in. He did manage to liven up an episode of The Big Bang Theory.

It's always fun to see which pop culture icon Sheldon's feuding with this week.

I loved it when Neil and Bill Nye appeared in an episode of Stargate Atlantis, too. I only bring this up because it was pretty much the same formula, only with Rodney McKay instead of Sheldon Cooper.

tyriless:
Actually work to establish a connection and if there is no connection, just don't bother.

I think the biggest flaw here is that it's eight page clicks for a single punchline that wasn't that funny.

Though if you want to steer clear, just assume anything that starts with "8 X" is going to be this feature and avoid it.

Zachary Amaranth:
YouTube personality Steve Shives ends his "Five Stupid Things" videos with "The hardest part is only picking five."

I think this needs a similar end line.

MinionJoe:

Mytbbusters + actual science = not really Mythbusters anymore.

Actually, that's kind of the problem with the examples like NCIS. NCIS + science = a loss of viewers. Pretty sure the same's true of Survivor.

Barbas:

It's always fun to see which pop culture icon Sheldon's feuding with this week.

I loved it when Neil and Bill Nye appeared in an episode of Stargate Atlantis, too. I only bring this up because it was pretty much the same formula, only with Rodney McKay instead of Sheldon Cooper.

tyriless:
Actually work to establish a connection and if there is no connection, just don't bother.

I think the biggest flaw here is that it's eight page clicks for a single punchline that wasn't that funny.

Though if you want to steer clear, just assume anything that starts with "8 X" is going to be this feature and avoid it.

Now what you need is a list of shows Rodney McKay could improve.

Darth Sea Bass:

I'ma go with "all of them," because Rodney is that awesome.

Zachary Amaranth:

Darth Sea Bass:

I'ma go with "all of them," because Rodney is that awesome.

Yeah SGU would probably have had a longer run with more McKay in it. At least it couldn't have hurt.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here