Doomsday Arcade: Episode Two

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

lol the valve refrences

Very good. I especially liked 3 Dog and the bloody pac-man.

Here's something to be proud of: It's better than De-Rez.

Quality work. Keep it up.

Watching it a second time, I noticed what was written on the console and the Douglas Adams reference. Quality.

loved the show and yes anyone who has the option to spawn items and is a nerd would try to spawn a woman

btw i know they had god mode but you would think they would still keep the shotgun

I kinda liked the first one better. You guys are great with the editing but the writing is kind of bland and forced. I liked the anime eyes except the "whiskers on kittens" things repeated a little too much. Overall I like it though.

I personally liked the Pilot better. This episode really only introduced the console command, which isn't that much. I hope the next episode involves something beyond ONLY dialogue.

I thought this was really good. The editing is brilliant, and it was funny too (Y)
Looking forward to the next one!

Quite good. But MAN, those faces are scary.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Loved the HHGttG nods.

Same, I cracked up at that. Great series guys, can we get it more frequently puhleeeeze? I want more comedy now! *sulks*

A wonderfully unique story.
And of course who didnt think that they were gonna spawn a woman? Brilliant.

Very well written. I almost enjoyed this episode, and would have but for the two main actors being stupid at random points. It's annoying. You have some great writing and effects, you don't need to rely on jokes that have you walking funny or making odd facial expressions. That's the type of stuff they use on Bill Nye the Science guy to entertain 3-4 year olds. Learn your demographic

Not a big fan of this episode, but good effort.
Can't really elaborate further that what has already been said, ie. repeating the kittens/eyes things too much, relying on weird walks/expressions for laughs.
Sorry for being a killjoy!

Much better then Unskippable. The true winner of the Film Festival.

that one guy swears alot...

Good work, guys! I hoped that this would keep the momentum up, and I see you cut back a little on the punny-jokes-for-the-sake-of-it, which is good. Especially the reference to HGttG and Three Dog!

Can't wait for the next one!

EDIT:

Wasder:
Here's something to be proud of: It's better than De-Rez.

dssturn:
Much better then Unskippable. The true winner of the Film Festival.

TRUFAX - Punching myself in the eyes would be better than de-rez and Unskippable. Also, those wankers saying there was 'too much dialogue' need to die in a fire and go back to watching shit like South Park.

In my oppinion, its the best serie on this website, hands down. Genius, Im loving it. Totaly awesome, better than anything else. Can I have your babies?!

curlycrouton:

Dechef:
God damnit, Escapist.
I can't go to the homepage anymore, that picture scares the shit out of me!

This.
Whose idea of a joke was it to put that....thing as the thumbnail image for the video?
Not funny.

Leaving aside the video (which I liked better than most TV shows), what was the old thumbnail?

i wish it had more action, and was more than a two joke show, but really it has alot of promise.

good job, this was brilliant

The six divided by two dog part was brilliant, kudos to the writer for that bit.

Hi Everyone,
Thanks again for everyone for their good comments and as with the first episode I do appreciate any criticism and I check the comments religiously hence I take into account everything that's said.

Rogue 09:
...two main actors being stupid at random points. It's annoying. You have some great writing and effects, you don't need to rely on jokes that have you walking funny or making odd facial expressions...

I understand where you're coming from with this criticism yet those little bursts of heightened reality are something I love doing, feeling that it fits with the ridiculous theme of the show; however I see that they can be quite jarring. I sure am making a habit of quoting you. Also whenever I see Lund's (the gray jumper guy) stupid face It makes me crack up and I have to film it.

daedrick:
Can I have your babies?!

If you look anything like your profile pic I'll be in touch.

Timtimfed:
Hi Everyone,
Thanks again for everyone for their good comments and as with the first episode I do appreciate any criticism and I check the comments religiously hence I take into account everything that's said..

You live in melbourne australia I take it? :P

Very funny, I love physical humour so the walks/weird expressions are damn funny.

Oi, I happen to know quite a few cosplayers who aren't freaks... no, wait, they are. Carry on.

"Are we smiles?" Ahahahah aww-OH DEAR LORD THOSE FACES. </3

lolol dead Russian bride Laura. Classy.

And the obligatory quoting of "fuck your kittens".

I must say, I expected more action, but I'll be damned if your jokes weren't funny. Cannot wait until... two weeks from now.

jdennison101:
I kinda liked the first one better. You guys are great with the editing but the writing is kind of bland and forced. I liked the anime eyes except the "whiskers on kittens" things repeated a little too much. Overall I like it though.

I agree... this episode although funny felt a bit forced. Whoever did the voice of 3dog was awesome... loved that part the best.

Its started off very slow but once the console was opened it became alot better.

I like what you're doing. Keep it up!

Absoloutly brilliant "Whiskers on kittens" XD the faces were a tad scary though i've got a feeling this shows going to go far ^^

Great but needs tweaking... I'm hoping the future has some more focus on some of the game characters. Whiskers on kittens was too repetitive and the anime eyes were WAY too freaky. A couple times was OK, but they were a bit overused.

You're doing well. You're headed in the right direction. All first seasons of shows aren't quite settled on what's exactly what yet, and this is no different. This will be a great series once it's gotten its legs.

This show is great! I love it. The acting does need a little work though.

Six Divided by Two Dog did it for me. Good job guys, but it's not as entertaining as the first, probably because there's no videogame character that appeared in this episode (other than Pacman)?

The Six-Divided-By-Two-Dog skit was great and the whole video was well done all round. Looking forward to more.

That was a great bit with the radio. Glorious. I've liked both your episodes so far, and look forward to future installments. Keep it up!

Syntax Error:
Six Divided by Two Dog did it for me. Good job guys, but it's not as entertaining as the first, probably because there's no videogame character that appeared in this episode (other than Pacman)?

Well it wasn't really about the game characters more about the game mechanics(console commands). But I see what you mean.

You guys have almost got a "Spaced" vibe going on, except all the references are strictly game-related. At least, most of the time.

There definitely needs to be more interplay between the two main characters. That dynamic is really what holds the show together.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here