Unskippable: Diablo 3 - Stay Awhile and Listen... FOREVER

Diablo 3 - Stay Awhile and Listen... FOREVER

Sometimes it's hard to decipher Deckard Cain's ramblings as either legitimate prophecy or senility.

Watch Video

I wouldn't put my faith in sneaking by, Graham; odds are if you ever faced a barbarian it would be with the LRR crew at your side, and there's nothing a barbarian loves more than practicing Great Cleave with a bunch of mooks.

Thunderous Cacophony:
I wouldn't put my faith in sneaking by, Graham; odds are if you ever faced a barbarian it would be with the LRR crew at your side, and there's nothing a barbarian loves more than practicing Great Cleave with a bunch of mooks.

I feel I should say "D&D reference for the win", but then I remembered Cleave is also in Diablo III as one of the Barbarian's abilities.

BTW, Graham? You should've gone with the male Barbarian. Hearing his voice, you would have had a few more jokes as you wonder how you ended up with Kratos as a playable character.

Also BTW...I can no longer hear Deckard Cain with out thinking of "Glitches with Old Man Snitches" from The Completionist.

GamemasterAnthony:

Thunderous Cacophony:

I feel I should say "D&D reference for the win", but then I remembered Cleave is also in Diablo III as one of the Barbarian's abilities.

Your original comment would be more correct; I haven't played Diablo III, but I do love me some D&D.

What amazes me is how Deckard Cain is still alive in this game. I mean he was already an old man in the first 2 games and this one takes place some 20 years later.

Best episode of Reading Rainbow EVER!

Gotta love how unhelpfully vague prophecies sound in these kinds of prologues.

GamemasterAnthony:

Also BTW...I can no longer hear Deckard Cain with out thinking of "Glitches with Old Man Snitches" from The Completionist.

"I remember back in my day a giant evil lizard demon thing tried to destroy the world. What was it's name again?"

OT: I will never tire of the Russell jokes. And it's amazing how many games he shows up in; Quite the prolific video game actor!

I wish I would have sneaked by this game

That Disgaea reference had me in stitches.

Darth_Payn:
Best episode of Reading Rainbow EVER!

Gotta love how unhelpfully vague prophecies sound in these kinds of prologues.

But then, the literal aspect of justice, the angel Tyrael, falls to Sanctuary transformed into man, and you realize that it's not vague at all :D

And them the story gets the "fist of ham" buff.

This was amusing. Poor Deckard. Read too many stories. Books are destroying America (with meteors).

shrekfan246:

OT: I will never tire of the Russell jokes. And it's amazing how many games he shows up in; Quite the prolific video game actor!

Yeah, he's basically Nolan North at this point.

"Deckard Cain puts up with a lot of shit" was apparently the rejected working title of the Diablo collection.

canadamus_prime:
What amazes me is how Deckard Cain is still alive in this game. I mean he was already an old man in the first 2 games and this one takes place some 20 years later.

That has me thinking, how strong would Laharl be in the Diablo universe?

Taunta:

canadamus_prime:

True, but it's still amazing that he lived long enough to raise Leah.

Huh, that reminds me... how the hell did Deckard survive that impact and fall?

Ech, looks like Conrad Zimmermans "Unintentionally sarcastic old man" finally got a job narrating this game then?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here