Game of Thrones Abridged: "First of His Name" - Dial H For Hodor

"First of His Name" - Dial H For Hodor

In this week's episode, King's Landing gets a new king, We notice that the Eyrie apparently underwent some extreme renovations in the past few seasons, Littlefinger gets (gasp) married, and Hodor goes all Hodor on a bad guy's Hodor. HODOR!

Watch Video

I thought the change in King's Landing from season 1 to 2 (when they basically just said "screw this, let's just film in Dubrovnik and pretend it's a fake city") was much more noticeable than the Eyrie.

Hodorzorg was kinda fun I thought. He can decapitate a man with a swift slap to the cranium! but, ahh, the aerie, I guess the writers wanted to give the building the appearance of being structually sound, which pulls away from the cool "fantasy magic castle sticking out of a mountain" or that-castle-in-a-Royo-painting look it had before. Oh well.

So a Hodor joke in the title of the episode and the very first joke was a Ser Pounce/Tommen's cat joke.

bdcjacko:
You missed Hodor. Why would you skip over Hodor? Also no Ser Pounce jokes? Ugh

Huh, I have direct control over jokes in these videos. I guess that makes this my new favoritest video on the Escapist.

Huh, I had completely missed that change to the Eyrie. No jab at Pod's big...hare?

I though something looked different about the Eyrie this season. I was thinking maybe it had done something different with its hair :P

I didn't notice the changes made to the Eyrie I guess it makes the whole moon door make more sense. Though I always wondered if they ever bothered to clean up the condemned down below because I would imagine it'd stink for whomever lived near it.

I also hope the writers are taking note at how pointless these deviations are from the books. There's a reason why

He had already served his purpose in progressing the story and to drag it out any further would have been pointless.

I always hated how Hodor got mind raped from the kid. Yes Bran gets a body, but he also knows how it makes Hodor feel and eventually just stops caring. One day I hope he stops hiding in his head in fear and fights the kid back. Go back to the wolves Bran.

Lyvric:
I always hated how Hodor got mind raped from the kid. Yes Bran gets a body, but he also knows how it makes Hodor feel and eventually just stops caring. One day I hope he stops hiding in his head in fear and fights the kid back. Go back to the wolves Bran.

Techically Bran is a minor. So that means Hodor is reverse statutory mind raping Bran.

bdcjacko:

Lyvric:

Techically Bran is a minor. So that means Hodor is reverse statutory mind raping Bran.

Hodor doesn't engage Bran. The age is... He isn't even...and the disturbed look of shock when he was forced to kill...

Ugh, this is wrong on so many levels. Welcome to game of thrones I suppose.

Lyvric:

bdcjacko:

Lyvric:

Hodor doesn't engage Bran. The age is... He isn't even...and the disturbed look of shock when he was forced to kill...

Hodor was dressed really slutty and was asking for it.

bdcjacko:

Lyvric:

bdcjacko:

Hodor was dressed really slutty and was asking for it.

"Hodor! Hodor!"

OT:
Hodorzoid was pretty amazing. I'm not so sure about pointing out deviations and story elements and all that, it's funny sometimes, but three times an episode may be a bit much x) Either way, was a good time.

I for one full enjoyed this one and as always Hodor

-M

Hodor.

HODORZOID.

I personally like the plot deviation jokes, but I admit that's my bag.

This made me laugh A LOT more than I expected when I started the video. What a pleasant surprise :)

I think this might be my favourite episode of these so far. Certainly had me laughing the most. Especially the bits with Jojen. Always does give off a vibe he's doing something...botanical, doesn't he?

I could be wrong... but it looks to me like it's still the same Eyrie, but it's being shown from a different (and closer) angle in the Season 1 shots?

Hahaha, "Hey look a boat!"

Let's just pretend this whole storyline never happened.

But hey, new Aerie is better than the old one at least. Eh?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here