Heavy Steam Preview - Steampunk Robot Combat

Heavy Steam Preview - Steampunk Robot Combat

Somewhere between Steampunk, Battletech, and Power Grid lies Heavy Steam.

Read Full Article

Is any one else getting some heavy "Steambot Chronicles" vibes from this game? or is it just me? Any how looks like a ton of fun! I look forward to ordering a copy for myself.

Orbot_Vectorman:
Is any one else getting some heavy "Steambot Chronicles" vibes from this game? or is it just me?

I actually first thought of A Gentlemen's Duel short film.

I'm really enjoying this new board game section to the Escapist. Looking forward to seeing more reviews and content!

So when is there going to be a movie released under title "Heavy Ice"?

So many states of water! Make it a country! ;)

Mnyes, interesting.
Also, I find this relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kVMv_VGZ1I .

Old Father Eternity:
Mnyes, interesting.
Also, I find this relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kVMv_VGZ1I .

I'll embed it for ya:

'Tis indeed what I first thought off when reading this. And honestly, if I'd ever have the pleasure of playing this interesting looking game I'll be acting like like the most obnoxious and cheesy Victorian gentleman possible.

A steam punk version of Battletech?!?! Bring it on! I'm way into this!

While it's cool you guys are previewing this, mind previewing kickstarted tabletop games before their final week?

I'm really hoping that this games gets funded // It looks fun as sin and who doesn't love steam power mechs doing battle

The only thing I have noticed is that the reward level amounts have changed, to get the full game as an EU backer you to play $95, were it was $75, which may mean I can no longer back it

-M

JonB:
-snip-

Clappity-clap on being quoted to boot! :)

The game does look pretty awesome but Im seriously trying to cut down on the spending just now as I keep buying games and then never getting round to playing them.

The fact that its the UK Games Expo at the end of the month however is probably going to destroy that attempt pretty soon though...

Orbot_Vectorman:
Is any one else getting some heavy "Steambot Chronicles" vibes from this game? or is it just me? Any how looks like a ton of fun! I look forward to ordering a copy for myself.

Holy cow someone else that actually played that game! I was wondering if my copy had somehow slipped through from a parallel universe or something.

OT: It sounds like a neat concept; too bad I'd have no one to play it with. It kind of reminds me of the way FTL dealt with handling crew and systems.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here