Unskippable: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls - Death Is Kind of a Jerk

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls - Death Is Kind of a Jerk

On second thought, yeah, you probably should fear the reaper. You should fear him a lot.

Watch Video

Isn't "the Tale of How Everything Was Fine" the story of Animal Crossing? (Although it might also be "The Tale of That Bastard Tom Nook And His Gouging".)

Correction:

The room was built by the Nephalem many years ago. The room is in an ancient Nephilim city.
All they did, was find the deepest room in the deepest cave thing.
(Nephilim were the spawn of Angels and Demons; Protohumans. The Nephilim were seen as a threat so they were weakened; less power and lived mortal lives. They eventually reduced down to boring old humanity)

I guess the reason the Reaper of Souls found the stone so soon was that he used to be "The Arch Angel of Wisdom". So I guess, he used his Noggin to locate where it'd be placed.

You couldn't destroy the stone??? Couldn't you just take it to the Hellforge and smash it like the other ones?

And yeah, why do they always put the mcguffins that can destroy the world on such elaborate pedestals?
"Yes let's put the mcguffin of ultimate doom on this over elaborate pedestal in this over elaborate temple. I'm sure nobody will think to look for it there."

canadamus_prime:
You couldn't destroy the stone??? Couldn't you just take it to the Hellforge and smash it like the other ones?

And yeah, why do they always put the mcguffins that can destroy the world on such elaborate pedestals?
"Yes let's put the mcguffin of ultimate doom on this over elaborate pedestal in this over elaborate temple. I'm sure nobody will think to look for it there."

Yeah, it was a man-made stone is why. They KNEW what the Soul Stones did when destroyed when made by Angels, Zultan Khuul(sp?) made that Black Soul Stone to harness the power of the Lords of Hell and draw on it like a battery. They got no clue what would happen if they destroyed it.

P.S.: ESCAPIST! I have over 1,000 posts dammit, I am NOT a bot stop captcha'ing me every damn POST!

otakon17:

canadamus_prime:

Yeah, it was a man-made stone is why. They KNEW what the Soul Stones did when destroyed when made by Angels, Zultan Khuul(sp?) made that Black Soul Stone to harness the power of the Lords of Hell and draw on it like a battery. They got no clue what would happen if they destroyed it.

P.S.: ESCAPIST! I have over 1,000 posts dammit, I am NOT a bot stop captcha'ing me every damn POST!

Oh... Well putting it on pedestal is still a stupid idea. They should've probably put it in a sealed box, put that box in another sealed box, put that box in yet another sealed box and dropped the whole thing into the depths of the ocean.

Also it doesn't matter how many posts you have you're still going to get dinged with capchas. I have over 10,000 and I still get fucking capthcas. I've railed against them before to no avail.

canadamus_prime:

otakon17:

canadamus_prime:

Oh... Well putting it on pedestal is still a stupid idea. They should've probably put it in a sealed box, put that box in another sealed box, put that box in yet another sealed box and dropped the whole thing into the depths of the ocean.

Also it doesn't matter how many posts you have you're still going to get dinged with capchas. I have over 10,000 and I still get fucking capthcas. I've railed against them before to no avail.

YOU MEAN TO SAY THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT IT INTO...

THE HORADRIC CUBE?

HMMMMMMMM...

well maybe.

Maybe that temple is in the cube already.

Maybe Sanctuary is in the cu-- Oh god.

OH NO.

I'M JUST A PIECE OF THE HORADRIC STAFF SOMEONE IS GOING TO USE IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE TO OPEN DURIEL'S L

Ferisar:

canadamus_prime:

otakon17:

YOU MEAN TO SAY THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT IT INTO...

THE HORADRIC CUBE?

HMMMMMMMM...

well maybe.

Maybe that temple is in the cube already.

Maybe Sanctuary is in the cu-- Oh god.

OH NO.

I'M JUST A PIECE OF THE HORADRIC STAFF SOMEONE IS GOING TO USE IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE TO OPEN DURIEL'S L

No no. The Horadric Cube isn't secure enough. We need something much more secure than that.

Looks more similar to a Piranesi painting than an Escher.

Well, at least now we know how the rest of that ad we had to sit through a couple of months a go went.

canadamus_prime:

Did you expect them to put it in a box with the accent rune equivalent of "DO NOT OPEN" on it? That never works either!

Wow, looks like the new Assassin's Creed game is going down the extreme grimdark route.

Graham_LRR:
On second thought, yeah, you probably should fear the reaper. You should fear him a lot.

But, the seasons don't fear the Reaper.

Is it just me or is Diablo 3 the most disappointing game in the last 10 years? How can it be THIS MUCH WORSE than Diablo 2.

Darth_Payn:
Well, at least now we know how the rest of that ad we had to sit through a couple of months a go went.

canadamus_prime:

Did you expect them to put it in a box with the accent rune equivalent of "DO NOT OPEN" on it? That never works either!

Of course not. Which is why I said it needed to be sealed in a series of recursive boxes, the kind that once closed can never be opened, and then dumped into the depths of the ocean.

Flunk:
Is it just me or is Diablo 3 the most disappointing game in the last 10 years? How can it be THIS MUCH WORSE than Diablo 2.

Diablo 3 at release was incredibly disappointing. Diablo 2 was similarly meh at release. Expansions helped both games immensely. 3 is an entirely different beast now, one I rather enjoy.

They should have put a plaster cast of the Black Soulstone on the creepy spider altar, and put the real one in one of several nondescript filing cabinets off in a corner.

Paul, "Will it blend soulstone? I wanna know." made my day.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here