Shut Up and Sit Down: Mice & Mystics - Adventure Comes in All Sizes

Mice & Mystics - Adventure Comes in All Sizes

Check out this cooperative game about some of the tiniest heroes working to save a huge kingdom.

Watch Video

Huh. Shame. I was thinking about getting this game for a while, but this review has changed my mind.

Hannibal942:
Huh. Shame. I was thinking about getting this game for a while, but this review has changed my mind.

It entirely depends on how much you can buy into the idea of playing a fantasy story with mice. If that sounds wonderful and charming, like it did to me, then by all means, give the game a go. The mechanics may not be as strong as other dungeon crawlers, but they're by no means bad (my only problem was mentioned in the video - the game can end too easily - which can be fixed by moving "the end" a page or two later). It ends up being a lot of fun to play through the story.

But if the theme and story aren't interesting to you, then no, the game won't win you over.

I'd say it's solid if you don't have another Dungeon Crawler as your Go-to already. Theme, as others have said, makes or breaks this one.

I'd also say it's a good choice for anyone out there who have children. It can be that it's relative simplicity is just what a kid needs to get into a good story and theme.

It's a fine game, I think SU&SD is talking to the jaded gamer set here.

The negatives pointed out are true, but they're pretty easy to work around. Anyone familiar with the game can run it to make it easier for newbs, kids, and "adults," and house rules can usually fix the re-start issue and others.

If it sounds like it *should* be fun to you, and you think you can be flexible after you learn to play, it's worth checking out. It's not perfect out of the box though, which is sad, but a lot of people love it for good reason, and it seems to take to homemade mods very sturdily.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here