Game of Thrones Abridged: "The Laws of God and Men" - Tyrion's Titillating Trial

"The Laws of God and Men" - Tyrion's Titillating Trial

This week on Game of Thrones, Ser Davos helps Stannis secure a bank loan, Ramsey trains Theon on how to run a proper salon, Dany finds being queen is kind of tough, and Tyrion's trial begins!

Watch Video

When will they ever learn? You never, ever challenge a dwarf to trial by combat! It didn't work the last time they tried it. But hey, this time they'll have the Mountain! (it's in the previews so no spoils). What could possibly go wrong with an 8 foot...errr...7 ft... giant mound of flesh with a claymore?

And now I really, REALLY want to see a trial by wombat.

Hilarious, great summary as usual.

And you Sir get +1000 Internets for the Chrono Trigger reference. Well done!

Hey Matt, love your work with GoT (and most of all other things you make) I hope we'll see some new E3 abridged (either on this site o somewhere else - If there is material for it of cause) Otherwise i hope you have a great summer!!!! GG!

Smurf McSmurfington:
And now I really, REALLY want to see a trial by wombat.

Trial by wombat... i have never been more excited in my enitre life

Nice Chrono Trigger reference.

I wonder if Tyrion could beat a wombat? We'll find out next week.

Maxtro:

I'm in love

Maxtro:

That may very well be one of the funniest pictures I've ever seen. Thank you!

Oh, and that fight between Tyrion and a wombat sounds like something the internet needs to get done.

Kerethos:

Maxtro:

That may very well be one of the funniest pictures I've ever seen. Thank you!

Oh, and that fight between Tyrion and a wombat sounds like something the internet needs to get done.

This <3

Maxtro:

HAH. Excellent. :D

Alright, that Chrono Trigger reference was pretty damn good. Got a hefty chuckle out of me XD

I'm just going to add to this points pile for the Chrono Trigger reference. Great review as always.

Within seconds you made me laugh (the brass cock and the saver account) and I loved your impersonation of Tommen too!

Maxtro:

Got to be easier than filling in all those plot holes! :)

Remus:
When will they ever learn? You never, ever challenge a dwarf to trial by combat! It didn't work the last time they tried it. But hey, this time they'll have the Mountain! (it's in the previews so no spoils). What could possibly go wrong with an 8 foot...errr...7 ft... giant mound of flesh with a claymore?

Easy, distract him with a perfectly good horse to decapitate and stick him in the legs, then stay the fuck away from him until he bleeds out.

Alfador_VII:
Hilarious, great summary as usual.

And you Sir get +1000 Internets for the Chrono Trigger reference. Well done!

I didn't catch that until the second listen. Awesome!

I do not understand what this is. I think it is supposed to be of comedic value but perhaps all the jokes are going over my head because I don't really get what's supposed to be funny about talking about what's going on in a silly voice?? This doesn't seem really funny to me.

Edit: Looking at the other responses I guess it's just me. I will just leave quietly now before I get flamed lol.

Excellent, I love your style of humour Matt, keep it up.
Also the award winning rage line had me in stitches.

Matt Lees impersonates Salad Fingers. Creepiness factor total.

Remus:

This is the first time I decided to open the comments on any of these videos, and yours compelled me to sign-up just so I can thank you for being a complete inconsiderate and spoiling something that I've been looking forward to finding out on Sunday with the rest of the events of the episode. By the way, if you really didn't think it might be a spoiler for someone, you wouldn't have added the disclaimer you did, which basically informs someone that they *could have* had the reveal spoiled even without you had they chosen to watch officially-released previews (aka spoilers).

Anyway, lesson learned. I'll stick to the videos alone from now on.

Spoiled:

Remus:

This is the first time I decided to open the comments on any of these videos, and yours compelled me to sign-up just so I can thank you for being a complete inconsiderate and spoiling something that I've been looking forward to finding out on Sunday with the rest of the events of the episode. By the way, if you really didn't think it might be a spoiler for someone, you wouldn't have added the disclaimer you did, which basically informs someone that they *could have* had the reveal spoiled even without you had they chosen to watch officially-released previews (aka spoilers).

Anyway, lesson learned. I'll stick to the videos alone from now on.

And on that note, please enlighten me, who else would the Lannisters pick as their champion, really? If there was a hat with names in it, who else would be there? Flowers? He'd be more likely to screw Tyrion's champ than fight him. Tywin? He honors family, and can't be impartial if he's out to kill his own son. They've been advertising Gregor fighting someone shirtless since the end of last season. So you don't watch the trailers? You're one of THOSE people? Get off that horse of yours, lest I find a nice in-season mare to buck you off like this

Really, when HBO is advertising an upcoming event, it is no longer a spoiler. It's a teaser. I don't read the books, I watch the show same as you. That's why whenever I see a post starting with "I read the books and", I stop reading there. This is not that. No equivalence, not the same.

i demand trial by wombat!

Remus:
And on that note, please enlighten me, who else would the Lannisters pick as their champion, really? If there was a hat with names in it, who else would be there? Flowers? He'd be more likely to screw Tyrion's champ than fight him. Tywin? He honors family, and can't be impartial if he's out to kill his own son. They've been advertising Gregor fighting someone shirtless since the end of last season. So you don't watch the trailers? You're one of THOSE people?

So because you believe that I should be able to predict the events of the next episode, you telling me what happens in it shouldn't count as a spoiler? Let me ask you, do you normally predict everything that happens in this show? In others? Is that what makes a good show, a nice dose of predictability? Was there no possibility that someone else might have fought? Perhaps a new character? They never introduce those, right?

Spare me the semantic nonsense. The reason you know The Mountain is fighting isn't because you have the series sussed out. You know it because you chose to watch the spoilers. You were also aware that you might be spoiling that for someone else when you printed it, as you chose to include a disclaimer in your post, letting people know that if they think you spoiled that for them, they're actually incorrect. They should have watched that spoiler on their own time.

Just admit that you did it and move on. Or don't. Just don't try to convince me that I should have guessed or sought out the spoiler that you dropped on me.

Matt Lees better at singing than TLC confirmed.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here