Escapist News Now: Far Cry 4 Coming Fall of 2014

Far Cry 4 Coming Fall of 2014

Ubisoft unveiled Far Cry 4, the next installment in the critically acclaimed first person shooter.

Watch Video

I'm looking forward to it. I enjoyed the last game, and have high hopes for this one.

I'm looking forward to it, hope you can hunt a yeti

Daniel Lowery:
I'm looking forward to it, hope you can hunt a yeti

Funnly enough, my first though when I watched this was 'I wanna kill me a yeti!'

Why is the Boss from Saints Row on the cover.....

I'll probably get it, having enjoyed FC3 (the band of brahs being annoying as shit notwithstanding). I'm not pre-ordering a game based on the damned box art though, thats just getting ludicrous.

Yessss, Far Cry 3 was great

I'm still hoping for a Blood Dragon sequel though...

I am personally looking forward to it as well.

Far Cry 3 was simply fantastic and the setting and location of Far Cry 4 is very appealing to me.

Sounds great and I'm sure it will be fun as hell.

My one request is that the writer doesn't completely fuck up one of the endings like that chucklefuck from 3 did when he tried to "subvert tropes and player expectations" and instead made a scene that made no fucking sense AND WAS ONE OF THE STUPIDEST FUCKING THING IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING. Yes, I'm still mad.

But also excited. I'm mexcited. Or maybe excmadited.

Far Cry 3 was one of my favorite games of all time, but they're going to need to sell me on this one. I LOVED the tropical island settings of the first Far Cry and Far Cry 3, but I'm not to sure about this Himalayas idea.

Oh well, here's hoping it's awesome.

Huh, it's only been 2 years? Have they been working on the game longer than that? Like before Far Cry 3 was released? I just don't want them to start bleeding this IP dry just when I was starting to get interested. Especially with that pre-order crap.

At least there aren't any sharks, crocodiles, or komodo dragons in the Himalayas.....RIGHT?!

Sir Thomas Sean Connery:
Sounds great and I'm sure it will be fun as hell.

My one request is that the writer doesn't completely fuck up one of the endings like that chucklefuck from 3 did when he tried to "subvert tropes and player expectations" and instead made a scene that made no fucking sense AND WAS ONE OF THE STUPIDEST FUCKING THING IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING. Yes, I'm still mad.

But also excited. I'm mexcited. Or maybe excmadited.

Maybe it's just me, but dude in the pink suit looks like the writer your referring too. Which is gross, unless you can like throw tigers at that guy. Then I'll at least rent a copy of the game.

The dude looks like a Tekken character. And I love me some Tekken! And Far Cry 3 is an amazing game so I'm really glad it's coming to PS3 as well. At first I saw it and thought "Oh, here's the first game to make me desperetely want a new console."
HAHA, ain't got me yet guys!

I just hope it doesn't have a stupid co-op story so I can platinum it again.

Hmmm. FC3 was absolutely fantastic. But it's only been 2 years so I hope they haven't pulled a CoD on us and just reskinned FC3. I mean one of Far Cry's strong points as a series is the massive improvement between each game. My other hope is that they haven't tried to remake Vaas in the self proclaimed Himalayan king, because although Vaas was one the best villains - nay characters - in any video game, I think we can all agree that taking what made him successful and pasting it straight onto this new guy would ruin it.

But I haven't yet seen evidence of any of those things happening so let's say... cautiously pessimistic.

That said, there are many aspects of FC3 that I wouldn't be at all sad to see in this new one. The cover system, the map design quality, the stealth system (with some improvement) and I suppose the core combat are all things that I would like to see, but there is certainly room for some newness and improvement.

Far Cry 3 is a lot of fun and I'm happy there will be more Far Cry. But I will not pre-order a game unless IT PAYS ME to do so.
I refuse to support this pre-order and get on launch DLC bullshit.

So I'll just hold on to my money and pick it up after I've read the reviews, or maybe once I can buy the complete version (all DLC included) - provided it's good.

Wait.... Preorder NOW for DLC?

They're not even being subtle anymore!

Falsename:
Wait.... Preorder NOW for DLC?

They're not even being subtle anymore!

Were they ever?

OT: I think the new bad guy is just going to be a Vaas ripoff from the looks of things, but the Himalayas? Sounds fun!

Mountains like that really do cry out 'wingsuit' more than ever. So...if they could just find a reason to keep it in there, that would be nice.
Also there is the blood dragon thing that should most definately stay as a seperate download at the same price with no bullshit DLC...just like the 1st one. With bigger beasties and lasers.

Seems like ill just be getting the incomplete release version because fuck pre order DLC!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here