The Perfect Man

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Perfect Man

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die.

Read Full Article

I... don't understand this comic in the slightest. Am I missing something?

Comes across all shy and coy,
Just another Nancy Boy.

EDIT: Those tags are hilarious.

His arm lenghts and hand size as well as the general body proportions (head nonwithstanding) kinda remined me of the Hrud.

I've yet to decide wether that's good or not.

Dominic Crossman:

I don't get it either. Something about disproportionate bodies, big hands ? Was there some anime character like that lately or it's some other joke about something.

Dominic Crossman:

95% of the jokes are related to Japanese gaming/anime culture. Which is probably why out of the 30 or 40 Critical Miss comics I've viewed I only found a few of them funny.

Why does that 'perfect man' remind me of Levi from Attack on Titan for? Haha XD

But yeah sounds legit. Creating perfect beings for no real explained reason but to just do it for.. science?! (anime logic).
Funny comic overall.

Rtoip:

Dominic Crossman:

I don't get it either. Something about disproportionate bodies, big hands ? Was there some anime character like that lately or it's some other joke about something.

If you read/watched josei(and shoujo I guess) or yaoi you'd understand. Holy shit the people in those look weird sometimes(most of the time tbh).

CorvusFerreum:
His arm lenghts and hand size as well as the general body proportions (head nonwithstanding) kinda remined me of the Hrud.

I've yet to decide wether that's good or not.

I knew it looked familiar.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

How is that monstrosity able to stand up?

Guys, I love your work, but a lot of it is really obscure and goes over people's heads. You are totally entitled to do so, but whenever that happens, could you at least note, in the text below the comic, what ze crap you are doing?

The "perfect man" has a tiny wiener? Apparently I know even less about these weird Japanese subcultures than I thought.

Just google Yaoi Hands, guys.

Now, a more interesting question is WHY.
I don't read Yaoi. Are large hands something that the target audience likes? Is it just some biological background taken to abstract extremes, like balloon tits? Or is it something freudian? Maybe there's some cultural background we lack in the western world?

I... I don't get it, sorry. I just.. What is the joke? That he is ugly?

Yeah, this is related to anime culture. No clue about this one.

edit: I've googled it. What the fuck. What the fuck Japan. You know what, never mind. I don't want to know.

That-that face! It seems familiar somehow!

Take me now, Sempai!

Blood Brain Barrier:

Dominic Crossman:

95% of the jokes are related to Japanese gaming/anime culture. Which is probably why out of the 30 or 40 Critical Miss comics I've viewed I only found a few of them funny.

Not counting Dark Souls jokes the last one that related to Japanese games or anime (Cowboy Bebop related one) was February 11th... 95% sounds a little excessive don't you think?

Piorn:

I don't read Yaoi. Are large hands something that the target audience likes? Is it just some biological background taken to abstract extremes, like balloon tits? Or is it something freudian? Maybe there's some cultural background we lack in the western world?

Not a Yaoi reader either, but it could be anything. How his massive hands can cup (or crush) your entire face or simply because of the big hands= big gloves junk.

Piorn:

I've always presumed it was just that most YAOI manga (and by most, I really mean pretty much all) is drawn by people who can't freaking draw. Thus, the wonky proportions of long legs, huge chests and hands and tiny, tiny heads.

OT: For those who don't get the comic, they are making fun of the way "cute" men are drawn in manga. They almost universally drawn with anatomy so out of whack they wouldn't be able to stand. Personally, I blame [redacted]. It's merely a lack of ability by the artists that has grown into (sometimes) a stylistic choice, much as the female characters so poorly drawn they lack any place for internal organs. What was once simply piss-poor art has grown into its own accepted style for the material.

I don' get it.

Piorn:

Okay.

I... kind of get it.

Probably could have gotten through my day just fine without seeing that though, but hey.

So kawaii, and yet his every word is probably a sweet, sensuous plead for death.

Yes, it's true. This man has no dick.

He looks like the result of one of Red Mage's chocobo breeding projects...

Apparently everyone in this thread have not seen much (if any) shoujo or josei manga.

...Yeah no. I don't think I'll be taking this one. Looks like something from a weird Shonen/Romance hybrid manga.

valium:
Apparently everyone in this thread have not seen much (if any) shoujo or josei manga.

And that surprises nobody.
What does surprise everyone is the fact that the "perfect man" is apparently a dickless, shaved gorilla with mole-hands and tiny head.

Yeah I know that syndrome from yaoi but I think it's gotten better with the recent ones... or maybe because I don't even look at the ones where the cover art and story do not convince me. More often they have that uber thick giraffe neck going on.

What got me confused was that they called him kawaii. I always thought it was supposed to show manlyness and the kawaii characters have smaller features.

To be fair, the perfect Bishie would not have that small of a head. Shoujo way not have quite as ridiculous of head sizes as most anime, but they are still generally oversized, much like heads are in all other animation.

Those shoulders creep me out though. I mean, yeah, creepy hands, but those shoulders! They just come outta nowhere, and they look pointy enough to kill someone.

I don't see what's the problem. He looks just like any other properly distorted male character from a CLAMP manga. :D

That looks more like a poor alien attempt to infiltrate our culture than it does a man...

I don't like it.

._.

if women like the look i really am not one to judge since this is no different than how women are portrayed in video games and really does remind me of a clamp anime

I can't look away from the head. I mean his head is so tiny. Like the witch doctor from the end of Beetlejuice had a hand in his creation. Why is his head so small?

Oh, everything else is out of wack, too, but the head doesn't fit. I could almost see it as being something else, such as a monstrous being from Shonen Anime, but the head still wouldn't fit.

Yeah, I don't get it, either.

Tiny head, tiny genitals, gigantic torso, weird, alien-looking arms and hands...
As usual with this anime/manga/hentai stuff I'm just not... knowledgeable enough about it, I suppose. And I get that it's an exaggeration of weird stylistic tropes they probably tend to have, but...

I don't know where I'm going with this. This comic tells me nothing. "A lot of manga's art is of shoddy quality"? "Unrealistic depictions of human bodies in manga: It's not just for big-titted, empty-eyed, under-aged schoolgirls"?

Also, is "shonen" a manga-term or were you trying to say "Überschönen", as in "super beautiful"?
*Checks*
Huh. Apparently it means "adolescent male".

Redlin5:

Nathan Fillion? Where's his brown coat?

What odd timing, since Fanime begins this Friday. That "thing" looks like a Titan or some guy from One Piece.
Oh look, there's a tag that says "Remember when this comic was about video games". Yes we do, guys, and we'd like that back please.

There is such a thing as CLAMPing too hard o_0

Also, I agree with everyone saying he looks like a Titan...

CloudAtlas:
The "perfect man" has a tiny wiener? Apparently I know even less about these weird Japanese subcultures than I thought.

Totally nonthreatening, see. Beautiful and platonic!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here