Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Unlikely Partners

Top 5 Unlikely Partners

Lisa takes a look at gaming's most uniquely paired duos.

Watch Video

And next week we will be hearing the desperate plea of Lisa not to send any more tweets to her regarding the partnership invite. Batman and Robin are also the unusual combination, considering Batman is all business and Robin is just tagging along because he is there.

When I read this title I immediately thought Sam and Max. Bit disappointed at them being number 5, but am glad they at least made the list :P

What about Wheatley and Chell (Portal 2)? ... Or is this a too short of "partnership" they had, before all the "I kill you!" stuff?

Also I'm definitely against replacing Kevin! He is by far the cutest thing in this show!! *duck*

Dear Lisa,

Can I be your partner? For the love of all that is holy say yes :D

Huskies are awesome. Bunnies are huskyfood, he was just doing what comes naturally.

I will never understand the appeal of Beyond Good and Evil. Yes, Jade is a woman...and I guess how novel? I'm sorry, but simply having double X chromosomes doesn't make you an interesting character. Jade is such a product of her time, in that she's not terrible interesting. She's snarky, accident prone and somehow maintains her hair and makeup...and that's about it. Like Daphne from Scooby Doo or April O'Neil from TMNT. All the personality of a glass of lukewarm water. If you switched her gender, HE would be considered one of the worst video game protagonist of the early 2000s, or at the least, one of blandest and underwhelming.

And Lisa, shame on you! Bowser teams up with Mario in Mario RPG: Quest for the Seven Stars.

Cpt. Slow:
And next week we will be hearing the desperate plea of Lisa not to send any more tweets to her regarding the partnership invite.

I wonder if Kevin has a twitter account. I want to be his new partner.

Don't tempt me with the prospect of being your partner to replace the kitty you nuzzle and cuddle with, Lisa.

If we're talking unlikely partners, my vote is for Tyresius Lokai/Gault Rennow and the Bounty Hunter from SWTOR.

Also (and bear in mind that I only played a little Banjo-Kazooie back in the day), Kazooie's a girl?!

Silentpony:
And Lisa, shame on you! Bowser teams up with Mario in Mario RPG: Quest for the Seven Stars.

It's not that unusual, Mario teams up with Bowser all the time. They share many similar interests: kidnapping princesses, throwing fireballs, living in and exploring castles, beating up threats to their respective kingdoms (among other random people, including and especially Luigi)... Hell, they even play golf and go go-karting together in their off time.

I'd suggest Samus Aran and the Baby from Super Metroid (and onward, in franchise games that take place after Super Metroid). The baby has no personality whatsoever, hardly even a hint of animal intelligence in the thing. Yet it imprinted onto Samus, despite the fact that she hates it and herself for not destroying it on sight like its fully-grown cousins (even now, despite their previous and frequent... "teamwork"). They're as unlikely a pairing as any... maybe it's because Baby never has anything to do most of the time except charging in at a clutch moment, a "deus-ex-Metroida", as it were.

Add to the unlikely partners list Lisa Foiles and any of the folks who tweet her trying to be her new partner.

why would you want to replace Kevin? He is so fluffy.

I will replace him, I will even wear the fur suit in needed.

Can I be your partner Lisa? I'd make a great partner and you wouldn't have to feed me (although I'd love it if you did).

I very much approve of Jade and Pey'j, but no Ammy and Issun? That's a sun god and a bug travelling artist Poncle (a miniature human basically).

Andy Shandy:
I very much approve of Jade and Pey'j, but no Ammy and Issun? That's a sun god and a bug traveling artist Poncle (a miniature human basically).

A sprite. He differs from humans not just in size but in his ability to leap kajillions of times his own height in the air and to perceive gods...though I'm not one hundred percent sure that's a trait universal to Poncles. It might be a Celestial Envoy thing.

We gotta have Sam & Max on a list like this. I would also like to add Revan and the whole crew of the Ebon Hawk from KOTOR, because they're such an eclectic and mis-matched bunch who still came together to save the galaxy, for the time being.
And what's with Lisa looking for a new partner? OMG, is she single again?!

Who wants to bet that when they split up Kevin gets this show?

J/K, and this list was actually quite interesting. Who is a more unlikely pair than Jade and Paige?

I'll be you're new partner Lisa. My name is also Kevin so it should be a pretty easy adjustment.

I found it funny that during the Kevin segment Lisa wore a shirt saying "no future" and then at the end shes getting rid of Kevin. Well done unintentional hilarity.

This show should be renamed "Top 5 with Kevin". It's not like we even focus on the show, it's only on Kevin now. TEH FLUFFEH!

Evil Smurf:
This show should be renamed "Top 5 with Kevin". It's not like we even focus on the show, it's only on Kevin now. TEH FLUFFEH!

Says the Smurf with the Cat Avatar :)

I was thinking of partnerships and there are many human and animal partnerships, of which you named a few and then again many normal human and crazy human partnerships. But I thinking of the Human and technically inanimate object partnerships? Or maybe evil and good partnering up for the "greater" good. But I think I will stick with a boy and his blob. I want a blob! or a Kevin.. well the or a cat...

Shout out to my homies, April Ryan and Crow.

Oh! Jade could be a cool addition to the Smash Bros roster now that I think of it...speaking of which, Smash Bros Brawl had some wacky partnerships in the Adventure mode, Samus and Pikachu, Dedede and Luigi, Captain Falcon and Olimar, and ultimately the whole cast, heroes and villains alike, coming together in a hilarious ragtag crew to battle Tabuu in the end.

First, I'm totally down with rubbing your belly for you Lisa:)

Second, Kevin is a great partner don't replace him. I'll rub both of your belly's actually. My cat Siren could come along and I'd rub hers as well.

Third, I think Kevin is disgruntled because you have not renamed the show Top Ten with Lisa and Kevin yet. He probably wants it to be Top Ten with Kevin and Lisa to be honest, but....at least some movement would be appreciated!!

Um, Phoenix and Maya stick together because her older sister was his mentor (who also saved his ass from being framed by his psycho gf) and he feels responsible for her since she doesn't have much other family save for an aunt that repeatedly tries to kill/frame her and a cousin that is even younger than she is.

And was it really necessary to have quite such a go at Maya? Yes, she can be a little obnoxious in the game, but there's not many characters in the Ace Attorney world that aren't!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here