Escapist News Now: Batman Arkham Knight Gameplay Trailer

Batman Arkham Knight Gameplay Trailer

Warner Bros released a new trailer showcasing gameplay from the upcoming Batman Arkham Knight.

Watch Video

I think that the Arkham Knight's design is pretty bland. There's only so many form fitting battle armor designs you can do before you start repeating yourself.

you have to be pretty gullible to believe any part of this was "gameplay". I saw two quick-time events and a quarter second of Batman running down an alleyway from behind at the very end of the video. The rest was "in-engine [CUTSCENES!!!!]". Do games journalists buy that, or are they just keeping their mouths shut PR after PR, year after year, never challenging the "In-Engine" assertion, to secure more PR's? Keep the hype-machine moving, fanboys, you don't deserve better if you're always good for bait-and-switch.

I think the public been burnt too many times. Although I do have some trust in Rock Steady, I'll wait and see what the actual game play is like before I decide to gush over the gameplay graphics

"Watch_Dogs debut gameplay footage, vs actual."

I'm not buying that this is actual gameplay footage, regardless of what was shown, or to whom.

Sorry if I'm missing something but why did I have to go to YouTube to find the link Andrea referred to? I'm watching on the Escapist but there's no link here.

No wonder origins was a complete mess they were trying to make 2 games at once....

tdylan:

I'm not buying that this is actual gameplay footage, regardless of what was shown, or to whom.

...it looked exactly like the last games, how would this not be in-engine footage?

ZippyDSMlee:
No wonder origins was a complete mess they were trying to make 2 games at once....

Rocksteady didn't work on Origins...

Duffeknol:

tdylan:

...it looked exactly like the last games, how would this not be in-engine footage?

It's "in-engine." That's not what she said though. She said that the footage was actual gameplay, which is different from "in-engine cutscenes."

Yeah I didn't really see any gameplay there. Is there an actual straight up gameplay thing you can watch for this yet? Like that demo she was talking about?

LobsterFeng:
Yeah I didn't really see any gameplay there. Is there an actual straight up gameplay thing you can watch for this yet? Like that demo she was talking about?

Well, we've now seen gameplay at E3, and it sure as hell didn't look this good.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here