No Right Answer: Best Teenage Fighting Team

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Best Teenage Fighting Team

The Turtles have a movie coming out, and now Power Rangers are being given the Silver Screen treatment. Clearly it's time to take this fight outside and see who's the top team.

Watch Video

The turtles have the best theme song ever. You can't kick ass without one. Its a scientific fact*.

*May not be Scientific.**
**Or a fact

Renegade-pizza:
The turtles have the best theme song ever.

I'm sorry, but your argument has been proven invalid. Forever.

And as for choosing between the turtles and the rangers... why not both?

I loved Turtles as a kid (and the show on Nickelodeon is fnuggin' awesome), but Power Rangers will always have a special place to me.

I still remember the first time I watched it, a bunch of my friends were always talking about it and how cool it was. I didn't have the channel that showed it, but after a year or so we finally got that channel and the 10-ish old me finally got to watch Power rangers. And I still remember what I said watching it.

"What the FUCK is this shit?"

It was the most bizarre thing I've ever watched! You know what they battled that episode? A mutated purse. I kid you not, a MUTATED PURSE. I guess I have to give it points for originality, but I really thought it was complete crap.

Props to the theme song though. That one still rocks!

"They're the worlds most fearsome fighting team!"

It's right there in the song guys! Coulda saved you some time.

I give my props to Herman though for his 2 liter attempt. I could not have done much better. :P

I give this one to Herman for the enthusiasm during the toy segment.

Not a PowerRangers fan, but still. *chuckle* Well done.

TMNT is the winner in my book because they have Space Station Modules named after them! lol

Ha I'm super bias towards this topic because I like the Rangers more but TMNT are a great team as well. Also since the Ranger themes have already been posted I'll post a Super Sentai one instead :P

Umm... there's the token minority girl and then there's the pretty one?... That statment's phrasing not going to come back to haunt you guys at all...

Now, I understand that beauty is subjective, but, anyone else with me on the "token minority" girl also being the pretty one? I mean, they're both pretty, but come on.

3:03

Hey! Look at all the stock stereotypes we have! Earned a point.

These toy commercial grade villains are so unmemorable I don't remember their names! Earned a point.

Yeah, no one's even trying on this show anymore.

Lightknight:
Umm... there's the random minority girl and then there's the pretty one?... That statment's phrasing not going to come back to haunt you guys at all...

Now, I understand that beauty is subjective, but, anyone else with me on the "token minority" girl also being the pretty one? I mean, they're both pretty, but come on.

We weren't saying the token minority can't be pretty, we're saying there's one character who's ONLY character trait is to be "Pretty". If anything, the token minority character is more well-rounded than the "Pretty one". Hell, the Nerdy character can be pretty too, but they also have the whole Nerdy thing going for them.

Mikeyfell:

These toy commercial grade villains are so unmemorable I don't remember their names! Earned a point.

I wonder if, after the live-action film comes out, the series will ramp up quality at all. Would be interesting to follow.

Firefilm:
We weren't saying the token minority can't be pretty, we're saying there's one character who's ONLY character trait is to be "Pretty". If anything, the token minority character is more well-rounded than the "Pretty one". Hell, the Nerdy character can be pretty too, but they also have the whole Nerdy thing going for them.

For sure, it's just the phrasing that's I found surprising. I didn't think they were saying anything actually racist.

But let's face it, the power ranger's casting is well known for tokenism. The guys in the video aren't wrong about that at all. Also, they (the Power Ranger's prodcuers) really do focus on the white chick being the pretty one. I'd actually say that power rangers is pretty darn filled with latent or even overt racism. So it'd be hard to discuss it without making some kind of verbal slip up.

I just found it weird because I always considered her to be the pretty one and the pink ranger to be an average girl.

Lightknight:
Umm... there's the token minority girl and then there's the pretty one?... That statment's phrasing not going to come back to haunt you guys at all...

The first Yellow Ranger was Thuy Trang not Jamie Chung.

slacker09:

Lightknight:

The first Yellow Ranger was Thuy Trang not Jamie Chung.

It has certainly been some time since my elementary school enjoyment of the show. So I'll take your word for it.

EDIT: Yeah, that looks a lot more right. I thought maybe she'd since gotten significant work done or something.

I guess I'm a lot more into brunettes now than I was back then because they look pretty equal in appearance to me now as far as the beauty scale. They're both pretty in completely different ways.

Lightknight:

EDIT: Yeah, that looks a lot more right. I thought maybe she'd since gotten significant work done or something.

Sadly she passed away back in 2001 due to a car crash.

slacker09:

Lightknight:

Sadly she passed away back in 2001 due to a car crash.

Oh, I thought I'd seen her in some B-movies since then. Or maybe I just saw old ones. That's sad.

Mikeyfell:

xD Well, he did lose. So I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Firefilm:

I wonder if, after the live-action film comes out, the series will ramp up quality at all. Would be interesting to follow.

Pacific Rim, but it's Power Rangers instead of the military of earth and [whatever you call the monsters in power rangers] instead of Kaiju.

If so, I'm sold. :)

If not, I'm sure it will be good enough for it's fans.

Herman: No Right Answer two time MVP. Herman is love, Herman is life.

God of Path:

Yeah, I liked him a lot every time he's shown up. It would be nice to see more of him.

Well now... Herman may not quite have the debating chops of Kyle or Dan, but he can chug water like a champ... just maybe not quite that much.

Hey my avatar is very appropriate here XD

OT: the whole token girls and always a love intrust with someone isn't true most the teams didn't have a romance like that.

Firefilm:

Mikeyfell:

Well the Michael Bay Ninja Turtles movie is coming out first, and if there's one thing that makes me argumentative it's rage.
But there are no details released on the Power Rangers movie yet, so hoping it's bad just so the "Which is worse" argument is fair isn't something I'm willing to commit my self to quite yet

Imp Emissary:

Mikeyfell:

Some times I don't even know.
I guess I like arguing, and this a show about arguing. I watch it for the arguing not so much for the outcome of the debate, because the show is called "No Right Answer" It's not called "No Good Argument"

Stock characters and unmemorable villains is usually an argument you'd use against a show's quality.

My favorite episode of this show is the Time Machine episode (Which I think was the same guy, I could be wrong but I'm too lazy to check) But it was because he had a good point and everyone switched their votes. It was cool and funny and he actually won the debate....
It's the internet we get to complain about things that don't matter!

I was WAITING for them to mention the PR in Space/TMNT crossover.

Though...edge to the PR for that one episode were they somehow brought back ALL the old teams for one big fracas. (YT link anyone?)

Mikeyfell:

Imp Emissary:

Mikeyfell:

Some times I don't even know.
I guess I like arguing, and this a show about arguing. I watch it for the arguing not so much for the outcome of the debate, because the show is called "No Right Answer" It's not called "No Good Argument"

Stock characters and unmemorable villains is usually an argument you'd use against a show's quality.

My favorite episode of this show is the Time Machine episode (Which I think was the same guy, I could be wrong but I'm too lazy to check) But it was because he had a good point and everyone switched their votes. It was cool and funny and he actually won the debate....
It's the internet we get to complain about things that don't matter!

:D I see what ya mean. Ya want a good journey, rather than a specific destination.

True, there are times when they could have done a better job with the arguments. This is one of them.
But the show is pretty casual with it's debates. No strict rules, or a set plan.
Which can be good, or bad depending on what they can deliver.

You had to have enjoyed the ending of this one though, right? xD Cause that was great.

God of Path:

He thanks you!

Firefilm:

God of Path:

He thanks you!

Which was the other episode he was in?

Binge watching as I haven't watched the show in a while.

JAWESOME!!!

nuff said.

I will fight to the death with the fool who thinks Happy Meal toys don't count as real toys.

I loved the "Jason Came Back?" (A lot of times, actually) bit.

I have a lot of love for both franchises. Don't make me choose.

Leemaster777:

And as for choosing between the turtles and the rangers... why not both?

....but don't make me remember the Next Mutation, either.

The Enquirer:

Firefilm:

God of Path:

He thanks you!

Which was the other episode he was in?

Binge watching as I haven't watched the show in a while.

Other episode he was on was a 2 part episode "Best Time Machine". He argued for Hot Tub Time Machine, as the only time machine that you not only could be drunk in, but were encouraged to be drunk in. Plus, Hot tubs get the ladies.

It was hard to refute his logic.

Imp Emissary:

Mikeyfell:

Firefilm:

Pacific Rim, but it's Power Rangers instead of the military of earth and [whatever you call the monsters in power rangers] instead of Kaiju.

If so, I'm sold. :)

If not, I'm sure it will be good enough for it's fans.

If they get Del Toro's CGI Team and maybe even Del Toro It would look awesome.. Enjoy the mashup.

Lightknight:

I guess I'm a lot more into brunettes now than I was back then because they look pretty equal in appearance to me now as far as the beauty scale. They're both pretty in completely different ways.

True enough. I always found both attractive. However, as they said, Kimberly's traits were more or less "the pretty one". Trinny was basically there to be another girl.

That's because the source material Yellow Ranger was a male.

And honestly, the reason for the colors is how the Japanese assign roles. They often use colors codes to differentiate actors. The lead male is red and the lead female is pink. Hence why the Red Ranger is always the leader of the team.

OT: Anyway, I gotta give the edge to the Turtles. The fact that they stay the same is a good thing and their individual personalities and traits are well defined. Plus, they are a lot of fun and each series tends to have it's own identity and feel to it. The new Nickelodeon is surprisingly good and often feels like the cast and crew love all things Turtles.

Not hopeful for the movie. I really hate the Turtle designs. Also, Johnny Knoxville as Leonardo? Seriously? I have no faith in that casting.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here