No Right Answer: Best Teenage Fighting Team

Pages PREV 1 2

Gee, that was kind of weak. I think we just need better spokesmen for both series. Both sides seemed to give a VERY basic outline of their series. In discussing the characters, some actual examples of what makes them interesting might have made it better.

GamemasterAnthony:
I was WAITING for them to mention the PR in Space/TMNT crossover.

Though...edge to the PR for that one episode were they somehow brought back ALL the old teams for one big fracas. (YT link anyone?)

Perhaps, if not for the Turtles Forever movie where the 2003 version Turtles, the 1988 cartoon Turtles and animated versions of the black and white Mirage Comic Turtles. (There were also nods to various other incarnations as well.) And last month, the Nickelodeon cartoon had a similar event where their version crossed paths with the 1988 cartoon Turtles. That episode even brought back the original voice cast. So in that regard, I have to argue that the two licenses are at least equal.

It seems like the best argument in favor of the Turtles as the better fighting team would be that they were actually capable of defeating their enemies. Starting with the very first issue of the TMNT comic, they KILL the Shredder. Even in the cartoon versions, they were still able to actually defeat waves of ninjas (or ninja robots) The Power Rangers
were rarely able to even fight the enemy of the week to a standstill. They have to get the Zords and defeat the enemy
with their giant robots. At that point, are the Rangers even relevant? From most of the shows I've seen, it looks like just about anyone could operate the Zords.

Imp Emissary:
Pacific Rim, but it's Power Rangers instead of the military of earth and [whatever you call the monsters in power rangers] instead of Kaiju.

If so, I'm sold. :)

If not, I'm sure it will be good enough for it's fans.

Have you seen Symbionic Titan?, it's very close to being Pacific Rim animated, but the main characters are human aliens (humans from another planet, both teenagers, a badass bodyguard and a badass princess) and the giant robot is a highly advanced AI who has a crush on the popular girl of the classrom, they have to fight the multiple kaijus (from outer space) that are trying to kill them, while also evading the military (who at some point build their very own giant robot) AND they have to deal with a super secret and misterious organization that's watching them from the shadows, all of this while also attending to school and trying to act like normal earthlings.

Also, there's permanent damage across the show, one of the most notorious are a pair of robot feet that remain in the middle of a park for the remainder of the show, heck, people even use the destroyed feet as a stage for a concert!.

Great stuff if you ask me :)

0:14 I was about to say, who's this good looking guy? LOL

1:30 Eh,close enough. Also, which team are we talking? The Original Mighty Morphin, Zeo, (Turbo is omitted from the listing. I don't want to talk about why. ) Space, Galaxy, Lightspeed, Wild Force, Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, SPD, which one? (Followed it to SPD. Mystic Force scared me off. Shame, too. I've heard good things about Jungle Fury.)

2:34 Dang it, Michael Bay... /facepalm

3:26 0_0 ...Never show that again.

3:54 It's called variety, Chris.

3:58 And just like that, I'm going to jump to Chris's defense. What about the 2003 cartoon?

4:26 And you can make that mutant profitable! (Insert Nicki Minaj or Lady Gaga joke here) =D

4:50 I think they were called Tengu? (Japanese mythology. Basically crow people.)

4:54 The evil, purple, Jewish, slime wizard! XD

5:08 1. And that voice, dude, that voice! So frigging amazing! 2. O_O Do I want to know? Something tells me I don't.

5:20 And Attorney at law! XD I'm so sorry, I couldn't resist!

6:28 Yes, Chris. The TMNT with Venus. ...Not sure that counts.

SupahGamuh:

Imp Emissary:
Pacific Rim, but it's Power Rangers instead of the military of earth and [whatever you call the monsters in power rangers] instead of Kaiju.

If so, I'm sold. :)

If not, I'm sure it will be good enough for it's fans.

Have you seen Symbionic Titan?, it's very close to being Pacific Rim animated, but the main characters are human aliens (humans from another planet, both teenagers, a badass bodyguard and a badass princess) and the giant robot is a highly advanced AI who has a crush on the popular girl of the classrom, they have to fight the multiple kaijus (from outer space) that are trying to kill them, while also evading the military (who at some point build their very own giant robot) AND they have to deal with a super secret and misterious organization that's watching them from the shadows, all of this while also attending to school and trying to act like normal earthlings.

Also, there's permanent damage across the show, one of the most notorious are a pair of robot feet that remain in the middle of a park for the remainder of the show, heck, people even use the destroyed feet as a stage for a concert!.

Great stuff if you ask me :)

Love that show. :) Hate CN for killing it. x(

As for damage, I'd think you'd first mention the giant crater made in the first episode. xD

:( You will be missed, but never forgotten, Symbionic Titan.

Not very similar to Pacific Rim though. Maybe "The Hammer", but not really Titan.

All arguments aside, I feel like Herman should be on more episodes

Imp Emissary:
Not very similar to Pacific Rim though. Maybe "The Hammer", but not really Titan.

Well, not Titan itself of course, I meant the concept in general of a "couple of teenagers/young people fighting kaiju on a giant robot".

And yes, it's a BIG shame it was canceled... I've read somewhere that Tartakovski is trying to resurrect it, but I've also seen rumors that he's been trying to do the same with Samurai Jack, so... yeah.

Why oh why do Samurai Jack and Symbionic Titan both get canceled while Annoying Orange and Mad are constantly getting more seasons? :(

SupahGamuh:

Imp Emissary:

Well, not Titan itself of course, I meant the concept in general of a "couple of teenagers/young people fighting kaiju on a giant robot".

And yes, it's a BIG shame it was canceled... I've read somewhere that Tartakovski is trying to resurrect it, but I've also seen rumors that he's been trying to do the same with Samurai Jack, so... yeah.

Why oh why do Samurai Jack and Symbionic Titan both get canceled while Annoying Orange and Mad are constantly getting more seasons? :(

Well that's more power rangers than pacific rim. The jaeger pilots were all adults and there was a stronger military theme to it.

But more importantly, Samurai Jack was awesome as well! :D

:( Why CN? WHY?! Why can't we have nice things! x(

Imp Emissary:

But... but... giant robots fighting giant monsters! D:

Okay, I think we can agree Symbionic Titan is awesome, regardless if it's Pacific Rim or Power Rangers stuff :P

Every single power ranger story was exactly the same. Big evil bad guy shows up, one Ranger runs off to fight by himself, gets ass kicked, other Rangers show up and say something about teamwork then kick butt for a bit until big evil turns into badly costumed giant monster thing.

Then form up their own badly costumed giant robot thing, and get their asses handed to them until they "find that inner strength" and shoot some stupid looking big gun and win.

Every. Single. Episode.

At least the turtles had different kinds of bad guys they had to stop and could use martial arts, technology, and bad puns.

Hermann you cocky bastard.

RTR:
Hermann you cocky bastard.

He is a bit penis-y, isn't he?

Whenever I think BEST fighting team, I think best team in a fight, and the power rangers would frigging pwn the ninja turtles. If you want best fighting team SERIES(shows and movies in factor of entertainment) ninja turtles probably take it because Power rangers were made by saban to make money and as a result come off as a bit too formulaic.

Would also mention the teen titans.

Are you sure this shouldn't be "Worst Teenage Fighting Team". The two options are both pretty cheesy. Might as well debate the "Best Movie" between Shazam and Ghost Dad.

Turtles > Power Rangers; however, Power Rangers theme song > Turtles theme song

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or