Escapist News Now: Evolve - New Hunters Gameplay Preview

Evolve - New Hunters Gameplay Preview

At a special preview event, Andrea Rene got the chance to talk with Chris Ashton, Co-Founder and Design Director for Turtle Rock Studios. They spoke about the 4 new Hunters introduced and how the first revealed monster, Goliath, has evolved....see what we did there?

Watch Video

Very cool. I really existed about this new game. To bad I don't have a Xbox One to play it in. Good interview.

I don't play multiplayer shooters at all, but I am deeply psyched for this game. I love the concepts involved so much; the 4v1, the idea of eluding your pursuers until you're strong enough to turn on them, the random wildlife messing with your game. I'll have to buy a headset for the first time ever.

I'm still waiting to see how they'll balance the game. It seems to me that the only way you could make a 4v1 work is to have the hunters win early game, comparable power mid game, and have the monster win late game. That, to me, just doesn't sound fun. It just sounds like the monster is gonna be running around not wanting to engage the hunters until it knows it will roll them. Be really cool if there was more than 20 seconds of gameplay in a "New Hunters Gameplay Preview" though...

Still have high hopes for this.

I like the concept but I'm hoping that they have different "Monster" variations beyond what they've shown. Like, they've got this monster here that's fairly well-rounded, but why not a speedy killer that relies on hit and run tactics from the get-go? Or maybe some kind of hulking armored behemoth of a beast that while slower than both is extremely tough to take down and can even outright ignore fire while snacking and powering up. I know the second one sounds a bit boring, but I'm usually a very defensive minded player. I like them to come to me and then I SMASH them.

they've got this monster here that's fairly well-rounded, but why not a speedy killer that relies on hit and run tactics from the get-go? Or maybe some kind of hulking armored behemoth of a beast that while slower than both is extremely tough to take down and can even outright ignore fire while snacking and powering up

This game is starting to win me over, at first I was like "oh, so Turtle Rock are blatantly copying themselves to make yet another Left 4 Dead-esque game outside of Valve?... meh", but then these previews started to pop out and now I'm getting pretty excited about this game!, it truly looks quite unique and fun.

I'll definitely keep a close eye on this game.

CAPTCHA: They are watching.

No, captcha, I said I'd keep a close eye on it... unless something else is watching me... o.o'

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)