Escapist Podcast - Science and Tech: 003: FireFox DRM, Mars Pioneers, Net Neutrality Revisions

003: FireFox DRM, Mars Pioneers, Net Neutrality Revisions

In the third episode of The Escapist's Science and Tech podcast, host CJ Miozzi and Escapist news writers talk about recent headlines in the world of science and technology: FireFox being forced to accept DRM, the Mars One colonization mission, the lingering threat to net neutrality, and more.

Watch Video

My issue with FireFox DRM add on is Netflix, Amazon Video & Hulu are mainly focused on, if not only exclusive to, web uses inside The United States of America. A lot of users from other countries, including myself, don't have access to any of these services. This will provoke unrest in FireFox users, unless it's only implemented for users who have access to some, if not all, of said services.

vonSanneck:
My issue with FireFox DRM add on is Netflix, Amazon Video & Hulu are mainly focused on, if not only exclusive to, web uses inside The United States of America. A lot of users from other countries, including myself, don't have access to any of these services. This will provoke unrest in FireFox users, unless it's only implemented for users who have access to some, if not all, of said services.

Great point. I'm from one of those countries that Hulu doesn't support -- and it's friggin Canada, which is about as close to being in the U.S. as another country can possibly get.

Silver lining: in the case of the FF DRM, I believe you will be prompted to allow or deny the DRM on a case-by-case basis. Good guy FireFox gives us the choice.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here