Twisted Transistor

Twisted Transistor

L2n 2 editorial control, nub.

Read Full Article

So basically, it was like throwing down the gauntlet?

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Yaaaay!

That just happened. Excuse me. Must acquire new mind. Old one blown. Be back soon.

I just sat infront of my screen laughing for 30sec non stop. And as i wrote this. Harder and harder.

Right now, im in tears.

Derp.

"But... Satire!"

I love how the joke extends into the tags - one of them reads: Editorial Control. It's always funny when you do that (using the tags as a part of the joke that is).

I don't know what to make of this beyond it got a chuckle out of me.

And he also put a Korn reference on top of it further cementing the dicks. Truly your writing enhances the art good sir.

I know Corey wrote this because he's manly as hell and Grey has a tubby belly :P

Classic Rydell!

Googly eyes indeed make everything fun.

Just make sure you don't get hit by a Void() and Load() enhanced Cull(), that'd hurt, and the Transistor hates dicks. I think. I mean, he does talk at them very angrily.

Can somebody explain to me the joke?

If I understand it correctly the joke is about the drawer's sense of beauty instead of making any commentary about the game?

Nice. No need to be subtle about it, tell us how you really feel.

I love it when a plan comes together....

*It's even funnier that the SOLVEmedia word is "roflcopter". I wish I was making that up.*

The thing that got me was how the speech bubble was shaped like a dick. Well played sir.

You folks should probably listen to the NSFW-warning regarding that link.
With just about three clicks I got to the picture of a cartoon girl with a vibrator in her ass. So, just giving you folks a heads-up there if you want to check i-... I mean, if you want to make sure to avoid it.
Bum Rush indeed.

So this strip's about video games again? I can dig it.
And it shares its title with a Korn song? No jokes about that?

Was the Korn reference intentional? ;)

Also, art and satire go in hand with each other, sometimes it has to involve many dicks, it's just par for the course.

Ah, so we know who wears the pants in this business relationship.

hazydawn:

If I understand it correctly the joke is about the drawer's sense of beauty instead of making any commentary about the game?

The way I got it the joke was that Grey drew over Corey's drawing of Red to make it "satire"

hazydawn:

I thought it was more about the song by KoRn then about the game. I was hoping to simply find a summary about the main character's gender. Whether she was just a Female, a Transgender Female, etcetera.

Anyway the song Twisted Transistor by KoRn has innuendo that passes off as Social Commentary on Tran Sisters being treated unfair.

Or maybe that's just a far stretch as I have no idea what Transistor is about. And the female with the Dick shaped text bubble saying Dicks is still pretty vague.

Hunter85792:
The thing that got me was how the speech bubble was shaped like a dick. Well played sir.

Aww, man. I wanted to be the one to point that out!

...heh heh. "Point that out". Heh heh.

To be fair, I did find it mildly symbolic that Red's boyfriend is now a sword. She essentially is wielding her male companion as a phallic object for beating her enemies into submission, while at the same time he has no real agency of his own. It's both emasculating (for him) and empowering (for her), though in a way that she needs a male symbol to give her that power, which could be argued corrupts the idea of female empowerment.

So, yeah, dicks indeed... :)

If that's the beauty of the game, then I want to play it! Off to the gamestore for the DickSwordGame!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here