Escapist Podcast - Movies and TV: Bonus: Game of Thronescast, "Mockingbird"

Bonus: Game of Thronescast, "Mockingbird"

In this bonus Podcast, The Escapist crew talks about the Game of Thrones episode "Mockingbird." Obviously, there will be spoilers. Hodor!

Watch Video

I used to enjoy watching these Thronecasts but they have become so casual about revealing stuff from the books that it is just impossible.

Usually they just about remember to blurt 'spoiler' and I just about have the time to turn the speakers off, but how long do I leave them off?? In the end I just have to stop watching.

Those guys did a great job at not giving book spoilers with the earlier seasons but now they don't seem to care.

Tywin is lawful huh? Even when he seems to be wanting to protect his legacy by any means necessary? Including making a deal which involves breaking the laws of hospitality, working with people like Vargo Hoat and Ser Gregor Clegane? He is also willing to be a Kinslayer (by proxy) and possibly a Kingslayer (by proxy) too. His plans are well thought out but they have no moral element to them.

This is why I don't like the whole D&D morality thing because it's really shallow and arguing about what counts as a particular point on the scales become most of the arguments about characters moral views.

Kingbingo:
I used to enjoy watching these Thronecasts but they have become so casual about revealing stuff from the books that it is just impossible.

Usually they just about remember to blurt 'spoiler' and I just about have the time to turn the speakers off, but how long do I leave them off?? In the end I just have to stop watching.

Those guys did a great job at not giving book spoilers with the earlier seasons but now they don't seem to care.

I'm sorry, man. It gets hard for me now to stop myself. I'll be better about it in subsequent podcasts, don't give up on us! If it's any consolation, I knew this was going to be a complaint after this particular podcast as we were recording it. I was aware, but didn't do anything to stop it. That's my fault.

Spoiler warning: Game of Thrones is going to have spoilers.

You know, I was going to send in a question about the Braavosi bankers didn't seem ethnic enough, they just seemed like regular old honkies. But I couldn't figure out how to word the question without coming off as some how racist. But it seems like I wasn't the only to notice. I was wanting them to be more like Syrio Forel, but I also wonder with introducing the Dornish if HBO thought people are too dumb to tell the different between the more "Spanish" Dorne and "Italian" Bravos.

That is one thing that does kind of bother me about the show, the foreigners don't look foreign enough. I feel like they spend a lot of time making the different regions of the Seven Kingsdoms feel distinct, but they didn't really spend the same amount of time making Esso feel foreign past the Dothraki.

i dont think we have sufficient evidence to draw any solid conclusions regarding "king's blood" and it having any "power"
the leeches and the supposed resulting deaths were very indirect indications at best and all of the targets had prices on their heads in any case.

after all Melisandre burned Selyse's uncle to give their journey north favorable winds (i don't recall this being explicit in the show, it just appeared that he and the others were burned for no good reason) and there is no indication of valyrian blood in him, being a Florent he would of course be descended from the royal family of the Reach before Aegon's conquest but i think its just plain old blood magic, in other words magic powered by sacrifice.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here