Escapist Podcast - Science and Tech: 004: Climate Apathy, Terrible ISPs, Starvation Diet

004: Climate Apathy, Terrible ISPs, Starvation Diet

In this episode of The Escapist's Science and Tech podcast, host CJ Miozzi and Escapist news writers talk about recent headlines in the world of science and technology: The public's growing apathy towards global warming, the terrible customer satisfaction ratings of ISPs, the results of a new starvation diet study, and more.

Watch Video

I'm thinking that the very fact that they went from telling us that a new ice age was so immanent that people would starve and that there's no room for debate anymore, to telling us of global warming, so immanent that we'd die in storms and drown and there's no room for debate anymore, to the, WTF Climate Change (translation: the world isn't static!!!!!) you just kind of tune out the chicken littles.

The world will end one day. All this hysteria isn't helping.

Gorfias:
I'm thinking that the very fact that they went from telling us that a new ice age was so immanent that people would starve and that there's no room for debate anymore, to telling us of global warming, so immanent that we'd die in storms and drown and there's no room for debate anymore, to the, WTF Climate Change (translation: the world isn't static!!!!!) you just kind of tune out the chicken littles.

The very worst thing for science is to say, "there's no room for debate."

Rhykker:

Gorfias:

The very worst thing for science is to say, "there's no room for debate."

Agreed. I understand human oral temp is not even 98.6. http://www.intelihealth.com/article/the-myth-of-986?hd=Medical

Nothing is ever really settled.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here