Game Theory: Walking Dead, Killing Zombies

Walking Dead, Killing Zombies

The Walking Dead, Dead Rising, and Left for Dead--all games about killing zombies. But what about a real-world zombie apocalypse? We play by Walking Dead rules to find out which household weapon is going to protect you the best during a zombie uprising.

Watch Video

This is literally why I call my ax Zombie-Killer. BTW, I have the exact same brand of ax.

Um, if we are already infected bites and splatter aren't that big of a deal.

47% seems pretty damn high to me and when those 47% have multiple guns and they are amoung the infected/dead.

I'm just saying you can PROBABLY find a shotgun. which is the ideal low skill anti zombie weapon. Obviously if you have skill a large round single shot weapon with good accuracy and minimal sound

"Axe me a question" - One of my favorite L4D quotes :)

Nice vid as always!, keep 'em coming!

You should have tested a baseball bat and a crowbar

I don't think any infection that makes us behave crazily would also prevent minor brain damage from taking us out of the equation. So having to aim to kill motor functions is a little unnecessary.

A golf club provides a significant amount of force in a small area but at the cost of durability. A longer blade like a machete adds a lot more mass to the swing, deeper cuts, and the desired additional reach for protection. I'm surprised you didn't use a machete here.

Fun video.

pro tip: drill small holes in the wood where you want your nails to go and when you hammer them in, the wood wont split.

red255:
Um, if we are already infected bites and splatter aren't that big of a deal.

47% seems pretty damn high to me and when those 47% have multiple guns and they are amoung the infected/dead.

I'm just saying you can PROBABLY find a shotgun. which is the ideal low skill anti zombie weapon. Obviously if you have skill a large round single shot weapon with good accuracy and minimal sound

I know it's been a week since this has been posted, but I feel its my duty to let you know that a shotgun is a HORRIBLE zombie weapon.

It's loud, it's short range (for a ranged weapon at least), it has a low ammo capacity, and if the user doesn't properly know how to operate it there's a chance they're going to break their shoulder using it.

Not all shotguns are bad for self defense, but I'm willing to bet someone who doesn't handle them would get themselves in more trouble than it's worth.

What I don't get in many zombie series, is why they wouldn't make some kind of spear-like weapon. It seems logical to me that you'd use a weapon that both has a far reach and can be withdrawn easily. Instead the characters in those series mostly use weapons that get them into close proximity and into biting range.
Your nailed club also didn't seem very efficient in that regard, it's bound to get stuck.

I'd fabricate something like this: image

It's called a "goedendag" and was effectively used by flemish peasants against cavalry. It has a fairly large range, can also be used as a club and is easy to construct.

Either that or a full fledged spear coupled with a shorter range weapon.

REgarding the shotgun. Um. Was hoping for something a tactical shotgun.

regarding the loudness. all guns are loud, you want a suppressed sniper round or something? a gun is going to be LOUD. or its not going to be effective.

If zombies really are drawn to noise we'd just simply kill them all with a noise maker and a trap. I mean seriously are they mindless with such an obvious trigger?

Either zombies are magic and drawn to life and you gotta kill the necromancer as fast as possible, or they are something you just set out zombie paper for and deal with in 24 hours. Unless of course you are food.

SO assuming a necromancer because anything else is over when people decide they don't want to get eaten, or that enough idiots have become food. then you'd want a shotgun to break thru the mass of zombies guarding the damn necromancer. who depending on the necromancer has like a creepy lair with an ominous dark portal or some ritual location you have to counter. burn the necronomicon etc.

or aliens I guess alien invasion zombies are the necromancers. Shotgun wouldn't help you much there I guess, but would be better than other things when clearing a way to the rocket equipped fighter plane you gotta crash into the alien mother ship and upload your virus onto their mainframe with your macbook+

a mindless zombie virus? just don't be an idiot seriously.

Erm, yeah, I know this is pretty old and obviously not serious at all, but...
It's Toxoplasma gondii, not Toxoplasmosa.
And I'm really not worried about that particular germ. I'd be more worried if I was negative for that latent infection, at least if I was a woman of child-bearing age with intention of getting pregnant. Or if I had a broken immune system, I guess.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here