WGDF

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

WGDF

No man left behind.

Read Full Article

Hehehe.

I wonder if this one can rack up universe breaking amounts of flames, like last time.

edgy social commentary bro!

Hoo boy, if this gets even a quarter of the hilarious reactions that last time did, it should be fun.

Uh oh...

I presume you guys decided it wasn't hot enough already on these forums right?

Oh dear god...they're coming back...

(Edit to remove faulty/incorrect statement.)

TopazFusion:
I never finished repairing the damage to my banhammer from last time! :(

As soon as I saw the comic, I clicked the comment button prepared to say "Seriously Grey, I think they're still banning people for things they said in the last one!"

PS: I liked your avatar better when it looked like it was hand-drawn. =P

I've got no idea what's going on or what this comic is about, but clearly something is going to happen. Guess I'll make some popcorn, camp the thread, and try to work out why people are angry about super-sentai Jesus fighting a swarm of bees.

EDIT: Thank you IceForce, RJ 17, and Legion; I've been directed to The White Guy Defense Force, and I can see why it causes the Escapist to tremble. Still, nothing yet like the response to the last comic; I guess the problem with reference jokes is that if you don't get the reference, you can't participate in the flame war.

Please tell me this is not in response to the shooting...

Andy Shandy:
Hoo boy, if this gets even a quarter of the hilarious reactions that last time did, it should be fun.

Seconded. The amount of pure, white-hot rage last time was some of the funniest stuff I've seen on this site. I kind of doubt this'll be able to top it, but it'll be fun to watch all the same. It's like a trainwreck: you know you shouldn't look, but you can't look away.

So, we're going for an attempt at breaking the record for most number of bans in a single thread?

What is the current record anyway? And what thread currently holds that record?

I'd watch any movie if it featured a man fighting a swarm of bees.

I wonder if this one will get 40 pages to its name.

Thunderous Cacophony:
I've got no idea what's going on or what this comic is about, but clearly something is going to happen.

A repeat of this, probably:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.828270-WHITE-GUY-DEFENSE-FORCE-GO

Check out the size of that thread.
And try to count the number of bans in there. There are simply too many to count.

The return of the WGDF! Can't wait to see the reactions again! :D

Thunderous Cacophony:
I've got no idea what's going on or what this comic is about, but clearly something is going to happen. Guess I'll make some popcorn, camp the thread, and try to work out why people are angry about super-sentai Jesus fighting a swarm of bees.

When last we saw our heroes....

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/10597-WHITE-GUY-DEFENSE-FORCE-GO

Just take a peek at the comment section. =P

Ah hell naw /WIllSMITH VOICE

This is going to set things off all over again.
Better get my popcorn and flame shield up I guess.

Thunderous Cacophony:

In case you are not joking it is a reference to a previous comic that they did.

WGDF stands for White Guy Defence Force.

The other one was... divisive to say the least.

EDIT: Double Ninja'd.

EDIT 2: I just noticed the Yellow one has a Fedora and is tipping it constantly, plus they mention Euphoric. I don't think I had a clue about those stereotypes back when it first came out.

This is either going to be about the She-Hulk fallout or the Donald Sterling tapes. God, why do I actually want to see how this plays out?

IceForce:
So, we're going for an attempt at breaking the record for most number of bans in a single thread?

What is the current record anyway? And what thread currently holds that record?

I can only imagine that it was indeed the previous WGDF comic. Seriously, I think the Grey made that comic just to troll the mods and make them have to work harder. =P

Soooooooooooooooooo many bans. I'm surprised the mods didn't just up and lock the comment section like they do for regular threads that seem specifically designed to get people banned. =3

Trying to thin the herd out some, Grey?

Are you guys doing it on purpose just to stress the mods out some more? XD

The art is actually pretty damn good though.

As a side note, while I haven't fought bees before, I have been in a chase scene with a nest of wasps that I stepped on once. It didn't end well.

Wait... I don't get it.

IceForce:

Thunderous Cacophony:
I've got no idea what's going on or what this comic is about, but clearly something is going to happen.

A repeat of this, probably:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.828270-WHITE-GUY-DEFENSE-FORCE-GO

Check out the size of that thread.
And try to count the number of bans in there. There are simply too many to count.

Oh right... Ok I get it now. Very funny. __

Good speed you Alpha. Not all men were angry at the comic :P

At first i didn't like the last comic, i thought it was a bit too angry and biting to be funny. But as the thread went on i realized it was perfect. It trolled but it trolled so good, so good. Ooooh my drama glands are salivating just thinking about it. I'm going to enjoy this an uncomfortable amount. I hope it makes it's way into some MRA circles. I want to see new accounts, i want to see claims of victimization, i want to see "Straw man argument" in every single post. I want bloody ban-hammer wounds!

Dinosorcerer:
I could use every ounce of your rage!http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/20140131/4967673/jeremy-irons-d-d-o.gif

Here, let me help you with that:

I remember posting this a couple times in the previous WGDF comment section. =3

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for videos. Thank you.

Legion:

Thunderous Cacophony:

EDIT 2: I just noticed the Yellow one has a Fedora and is tipping it constantly, plus they mention Euphoric. I don't think I had a clue about those stereotypes back when it first came out.

Beta holding an MLP doll was crossing the line in my opinion.

This should be fun.

I think the last WGDF was the funniest and most biting strip I've seen.

And the response was...delicious.

Poor little white guys making excuses for themselves.

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for large images. Thank you.

RatherDull:

Legion:

Thunderous Cacophony:

That was my favorite part about the last comic. =P

RatherDull:

I hope it is. The entire universe will implode on itself in a storm of white-hot rage. The Escapist will basically become reverse-tumblr.

So it begins.

Actually, I'm curious. Is this just a one-off callback, or are you actually planning something here?

If the latter, I eagerly await the whining and gnashing of teeth.

RJ 17:

RatherDull:

Legion:

Bronies get enough **** for going against the grain for what they love.

Not an MLP fan myself but I can empathize with them on this one.

I can't say I was ever a fan of the first comic. Baiting people to real anger seems like poor comedy to me. There was a viciousness to it that never sat right with me. Right or wrong, if a similar comic had been written about any other group/subject, there is no doubt in my mind many more people would have found it appalling. I will likely always be astounded at the cognitive dissonance people can hold on controversial subjects.

Oh goodness me.

Despite me being one of the people that took a tad bit of issue with the last one, I am deeply excited about the prospects of another one of those threads.

With any luck 4chan will pay another visit. That's when things got really interesting last time.

For maximum effect I recommend combining race issues and gender issues into a single super-topic.

RatherDull:

I take it back. THIS needs to be the topic. That would just be incredible.

RatherDull:

RJ 17:

RatherDull:

Do you understand that that's exactly why it was put into the comic in the first place? The entire comic - from start to finish - was specifically designed to poke as many possible hornets' nests as they could. That's why they're not just making up "white guy" excuses. Red is a "bro", Blue is a "brony", and Yellow has a fedora. It's layers upon layers of flame-bait!

RJ 17:

RatherDull:

RJ 17:

Do you understand that that's exactly why it was put into the comic in the first place? The entire comic - from start to finish - was specifically designed to poke as many possible hornets' nests as they could. That's why they're not just making up "white guy" excuses. Red is a "bro", Blue is a "brony", and Yellow has a fedora. It's layers upon layers of flame-bait!

I thought they were caricatures for the people who have kneejerk reactions to claims of racism or sexism in media or society.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here