TIE TIE FAW

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

TIE TIE FAW

The shifting sands of opinion.

Read Full Article

I was expecting WGDF and the shitstorm between white-knights and trolls :|

Maybe he is riding around in the Titan and we just cant see him?
He is there mocking us!

The excitement did die down awfully quick, huh?

I disagree that it is COD with giant robots. Cod is much slower paced.

So much for the next big thing.

Quick question, did they ever release actual sales numbers for Titanfall? I dont remember seeing anything anywhere outside of shaky vgchartz data.

shintakie10:
Quick question, did they ever release actual sales numbers for Titanfall?

Peter Moore claimed 925'000 'retail copies' sold in America in the first month, although whether that's units sold to customers or SKUs to trade hasn't been elaborated upon.

Beyond that, silence, make of it what you will.

But... but.. WGDF...

My hopes for a glorious thread of fire and brimstone... dashed...

OT: Not terribly surprised in all honesty. I am surprised with how quick the excitement went though.

RatherDull:
I disagree that it is COD with giant robots. Cod is much slower paced.

Battlefield lets you start out with tanks, boats and jets. CoD has dogs. We have Rinazook.

shintakie10:
So much for the next big thing.

History shows again and again how nature puts right the folly of men that the "next big thing" almost certainly won't be.

Hell, if I had a nickel for every WoW killer or CoD killer on the market, I would have enough to fund my own studio and still enough to build a giant robot. Maybe not a good robot, but still a robot.

MiskWisk:
But... but.. WGDF...

he's obviously trying to throw everyone off. He'll drop it next week with the Half-Life 3 announcement and Tupac's triumphant return.

Yeah, "COD with giant robots" doesn't really sell it to me.

That's the issue with designing anything around the "CoD with X" philosophy.

Because no matter what X is, it's still just CoD.

This is the industry as it is today. We heard about nothing but Watch_Dogs for six months leading up to the launch. The game has been out for merely a week, and nobody is really talking about it anymore.

Lvl 64 Klutz:
This is the industry as it is today. We heard about nothing but Watch_Dogs for six months leading up to the launch. The game has been out for merely a week, and nobody is really talking about it anymore.

That's what happen with "reviewer-chosen" GOTYs. Almost no one talks about Infinite or Gone Home anymore, even if supposedly they were "the Citizen Kane" of video games, and won a trillion awards.

but, but, mah robits!

also the new COD has robots, where does titanfall fit now?

God I keep forgetting that even came out, man the hype really died fast on that game.

Yeah, it really does annoy me how games can be slammed and called bad nowadays if they even have one or two things in common with COD. I get that we all hate that game, now can we ease up a bit?

canadamus_prime:
Yeah, "COD with giant robots" doesn't really sell it to me.

It didn't for me, because I associated CoD with a frenetic shooter on maps the size of your bathroom. I was happily surprised to see how large these maps were though.

Unfortunately, they aren't anywhere near the size of BF maps

I first tuned into the Xbox conference when they were showing off Titanfall. It was a good minute or two before any mechs were onscreen so until then I thought they were showing off another COD game. Then the mech was shown and I realized it was COD with giant robots.

Never before have I become so immediately bored with a game upon simply seeing it. I'm not surprised nobody cares about it anymore.

Achelexus:
I was expecting WGDF and the shitstorm between white-knights and trolls :|

Are you saying that you joined the site just to see that?

I thought it was bad enough that people who had been here for years were eagerly anticipating the prospect of another firestorm...usually the same people who complain about the forums descending into arguments and the death of civilized conversation, and usually not twenty-four hours later.

Something is very wrong here.

never see this game as cod with giant robots. in cod you cant double jump, wall run and dual wield guns and call in support like the very annoying helli. besides your titan, there is nothing else.

And now I can't get "CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES" out of my head. Thanks Little Kuribo.

Metalrocks:
never see this game as cod with giant robots. in cod you cant double jump, wall run and dual wield guns and call in support like the very annoying helli. besides your titan, there is nothing else.

I agree. I saw footage from TotalBiscuit and Maximillian Dood, and while it is an FPS with a Call of Duty aesthetic, there's much more mobility than Call of Duty as far as I can tell.

I'll be honest, the whole titanfall thing looks more fun because of the jetpack and wallrunning/freerunning aspect then the robot aspect.

If anything, (If I got the game) I'd rather spend my time as a person on the ground, using the freerunning abilities to get into fun places to shoot dudes from, rather then getting in a big clunky robot.

Lvl 64 Klutz:

Really? I just counted 8 threads in the the first few pages of the game forum. There's a discussion about wasted potential, about the season pass, about the game "running funny", about how it's "simply amazing", about story-related spoilers, some techie discussion about AMD optimizing the game and a discussion about the game's reviews. There's also one about a dude that's "scared" of the game, for some reason.

I get the feeling that this is currently happening to watch dog, but instead of cod with giant robots its gta with hacking.

I guess that game publishers are much better at marketing than creating games, which is not to say that titanfall and watch dogs are bad games, just that their publishers are very good at creating hype.

This reminds me of when people called Fallout 3 "oblivion with guns" as a sort of negative connotation, but didn't really understand there was some major gameplay differences between them. To me, "It's [Game X] with [Object Y]!" is really starting to become a double standard, you know?

Fairly sure She's playing Nyx, but I can only see one ability on the bar.

Not gonna lie; I breathed a heavy sigh of relief seeing today's update.

Y'know, it's weird, I've never really seen anyone call Titanfall CoD with robits. All the same, it was a pretty neat idea. I wonder... why did the hype die down so fast?

Morale: Don't believe the hype.

If its a FPS with you running around as nameless dude with a gun, be it as a person or mech, its not new original. Stop funding this crap people.

That's where you're wrong, guys. Titanfall's an EA game, so it's more like BATTLEFIELD with giant Mechsuits!

Lvl 64 Klutz:

Perhaps because people are still playing it, and they're too drawn in to the big sprawling world of the game to say much about it. Or they're trying to get the cars to drive right. Just touching the accelerate button sends the cars rocketing off and the handle like ass.

It's not even close to CoD with robot's unless you mean is it a First Person Shooter with giant robots. It's the same old same old, come up with something new and fun, people play for a bit and go back to CoD because despite all the moaning people don't want new and exciting, they want the same drivel and that's why CoD is the biggest selling IP every year and WoW is the most subbed MMO every year.

Darth_Payn:
That's where you're wrong, guys. Titanfall's an EA game, so it's more like BATTLEFIELD with giant Mechsuits!

Lvl 64 Klutz:

Perhaps because people are still playing it, and they're too drawn in to the big sprawling world of the game to say much about it. Or they're trying to get the cars to drive right. Just touching the accelerate button sends the cars rocketing off and the handle like ass.

Use a bike they actually handle great, Once you go bike you never go back 0_o

I assume all the people who call it that have never actually played it.

It's weird; the only people I've sen who smack-talk Titanfall have never actually played the game, whereas every single person I know who actually owns it and plays it loves the hell out of it.
If there's any "downfall" to this industry, it's people who pass judgment on something they've never experienced, or parrot the negativity they hear without even giving it a shot.

I like it because she's playing dota in the last panel :)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here