Dead Cthulhu Waits Dreaming

That was pretty good :D

However, isn't C'thulhu(and to an extension, all Lovecraftian monstrosities) an extra-dimensional being? So would he be able to feel the passage of time?

I think that would make boredom even worse when 1 minute is the same to you as 1 million years. No wonder lovecraftian horrors are such assholes, they're perpetually bored out of their skulls, and snap at the first sign of attention.

Sigmund Av Volsung:

However, isn't C'thulhu(and to an extension, all Lovecraftian monstrosities) an extra-dimensional being? So would he be able to feel the passage of time?

It'd have to be able to be aware of time in order to operate in our universe, though, which it does.

(OTOH, in another Lovecraft story, there was a monster that couldn't be affected by bullets, because it wasn't truly part of our universe and wouldn't be affected by material objects, only it's leaving footprints when it walks and clawing people)

Oh my god, Mr. peanut is an elder god?!

A friend of a friend is a published horror author and he claims that the downfall of the American Horror genre was the plushie Cthulhu.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, I suppose.

bdcjacko:

Ia Ia P'nhut Fhtagn!

Nick Lerman:

bdcjacko:

Ia Ia P'nhut Fhtagn!

I don't speak eldrich.

I don't speak eldrich.

Come on, your icon's the Ultimate Warrior. You must practically have a Master's in incomprehensible gibberish.

Nick Lerman:

bdcjacko:

Ia Ia P'nhut Fhtagn!

Oh no! I must have failed my Sanity check because things are going nuts!

...no?

the awful squid-head of non-Euclidean geometry

Which geometry? Lobachevskiy's, Riemann's, Einstein's, Calabi's ... ? ;-)

Tamayo:

the awful squid-head of non-Euclidean geometry

Which geometry? Lobachevskiy's, Riemann's, Einstein's, Calabi's ... ? ;-)

Don't forget Bolyai!
It is important to be a well-rounded non-Euclidean geometer so my educational recipe would have a hyperbolic dose here and and a dash of elliptic there with a sprinkling of kinematic to taste. Eugenio Calabi was a tot when Lovecraft wrote Call of Cthulhu so I will eliminate him from the list for completely arbitrary reasons.

A puff of dust shot out of my head whilst answering your question.

Nick Lerman's quality cultists are the usual suspects.

As usual, I love your work, but am almost always left confused.

Sigmund Av Volsung:

No, not really; only some of Lovecraft's creations are extra dimensional. Cthulhu is just huge and immortal. He drives people mad by being massive, monstrous, and unkillable[1], not because his form is literately comprehensible. :P

[1] Supposably, anyway. He can be injured; in the first story he appeared in, Call of Cthulhu, two sailors defeat him by ramming their ship into his head, completely destroying it. He appears to have Wolverine-style regeneration, but... It seems possible you could tear him up into thousands of little bits and completely obliterate each piece to get rid of him. XD

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here