Feed Dump: The Mythical Thigh Boob

The Mythical Thigh Boob

There's more than one way to skin a skin salesman. Or grease a shin.

Watch Video

Isn't the theft of grease the plot of a Simpsons episode?

SlightlyEvil:
Isn't the theft of grease the plot of a Simpsons episode?

It absolutely is. I know some restaurants use their grease for fuel, but I can't imagine there is a lot of profit in it.

Also, I may regret asking this, but how much skin is $350,000 worth? Are we talking a torso-worth, or an amount best represented in square decameters?

Thunderous Cacophony:
Also, I may regret asking this, but how much skin is $350,000 worth? Are we talking a torso-worth, or an amount best represented in square decameters?

That was my first thought as well. And...is the laboratory-grown skin worth more or less than normal skin?

Also, I'm surprised the guy wearing the Canucks jersey won. Usually anyone wearing a Canucks jersey falls over at the first hint of physical contract.

Used to be you could get waste grease for free from restaurants. You could then filter it (easily) and use it as biodiesel.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/vehicles/grease-car-conversion1.htm

But now, companies are buying waste grease for recycling rather than charging restaurants to haul it away.

Thus, the theft...?

MinionJoe:
Used to be you could get waste grease for free from restaurants. You could then filter it (easily) and use it as biodiesel.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/vehicles/grease-car-conversion1.htm

But now, companies are buying waste grease for recycling rather than charging restaurants to haul it away.

Thus, the theft...?

Just remember, you still need to pay fuel tax on it...because reasons. Along the same lines, my state is considering a mileage tax because too many people are buying cars that get too good mileage.

Speaking of plots to TV series, you people should submit ideas to the writers of Hannibal; that skin-carpeting sounds like a wonderful one-off episode.

If you want to make a rug out of human skin you need to stretch it. The Doctor Who team have already produced a mock-up.

I think you'd probably sell human skin grafts to mob doctors.

You could probably feed quite a few people with stolen skin and grease to cook it with. Just a thought.

I believe that "Birds of Prey" means that they train them to attack competitors at random to make the vents more eventful. By "believe", I do of course mean hope.

I always thought that Minotaur rhymed with mine o'door.

What I want to know is: how much skin is worth $300,000?

"That's your dream?!"

I love that Graham was having the same thought I was.

Good show, all.

Also: "Hey, Theseus! It's-a me, Minotaurio!"

Hey! Cambridge, Ontario. I live there!

I did not attempt to steal grease.

Cupcake, cuuuupcakee, cupcatario, frosting.....I want frosting too!
On the plus side, at least the skin was artificially grown, and you know, not cut from the backs of chubby girls slowly starved in a well to make the skin more pliable.

Kathleen, that's racist.... Black people can be minotaurs too.

One day you see a shylock to pay for skin graft salesman school, next thing you know, you're literally trying to pay them back in pounds of flesh.

Anyone else finding the enormous DICKBUTT sign distracting?

A human rug would be nice if it only matched the rest of your decor.

When I saw "mystical thigh boob," I immediately thought of the Japanese concept of "zettai ryouiki." Damn "Outbreak Company" for adding to my geek knowledge, haha!

Incidentally, the concept of boobs on one's leg hold about as much appeal as Duke Nukem's wall boobs....BLARRGGHHH!!!!

On the other hand, I am totally accepting of alien women who have two pairs of tits (extraneous musings of certain Star Wars, Star Trek, and Mass Effect races). Not a fan of the tri-boob from Total Recall, however. Not enough symmetry I guess.

well, you may need a skin graft to replace your shin skin after the olympics, and your going to need that grease fuel to get there. so it all works out.

Schadrach:

Just remember, you still need to pay fuel tax on it...because reasons.

you need to pay fuel tax because grease fuel is still as bad for the enviroment as regular diesel and the tax was invented to lower the amount of envirment inpact by discouraging people form using cars. so yes, there is actual, good, reasons for it.

Talking about the Cotswold Olimpicks and you didn't mention dwile flonking? Yes, it's called DWILE FLONKING. That's gold! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwile_flonking

Remus:
Cupcake, cuuuupcakee, cupcatario, frosting.....I want frosting too!
On the plus side, at least the skin was artificially grown, and you know, not cut from the backs of chubby girls slowly starved in a well to make the skin more pliable.

Oh thank god! I was scrolling through the comments and was astounded no one made that reference yet.

The Random One:
A human rug would be nice if it only matched the rest of your decor.

Wow, what an awesome comic! I love short horror stories. It seems that less detail in the writing encourages my imagination and gets me pretty creeped out.

OK hand on, the entire off brand Olympics takes less than 2 hours.

what do they have like 5 people?

Also I feel like there is a huge advantage to be had in the shin kicking event by convincing your opponent to just concede in the first heat or by getting a bye, cause then you go into the finals without any kicked shin where as your opponent will have already had his or her shin kicked repeatedly.

They did that on Mythbusters years ago, the grease as fuel part, not the theft part.

Surely you can check those Olimpics (?) out on YouTube, if you're that interested in it. ;)

The title, and the particular element of story it referred to put me in mind of this post from Escher Girls:

http://eschergirls.tumblr.com/post/86920344089/saruhaward-submitted-from-3-little-kittens

Still not sure which is the more disturbing.

I'm surprised they didn't create a new segment for this ep 'It's a big pile of skin, what would you do, with it'

-M

Graham...bit of advice? If you desire cupcakes, do NOT get them from a certain pink pony if she looks a little crazed. Trust me on this one...

*gets looks*

Someone was going to do that reference, folks. Just thought I'd get it out of the way.

In my area restaurant grease is in big demand for bear bait. Most of the restaurants here still give it away, but the wait list is month's long.

You know... after the latest Game of Thrones episode the whole Eye-socket Finger-Lacrosse thing doesn't really sound like a whole lot of fun.

If you want to come to the UK for some wacky sports "journalism" then you're welcome to come to the Cotswold village I live in where we have an annual Mangold Hurling competition. Mangolds are a large root vegetable similar to a turnip or rutabaga. Every year we gather in a field and throw mangolds around.

Here's some footage of the 2009 competition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DBdltvoDrQ

This year's competition is on October 5 and coincides with the Sherston Beer & Cider Festival! Large quantities of alcohol and flying vegetables . . . what could go wrong?

Shin kicking? A Canucks fan would be a master of this, I'm not surprised he took the gold.

The thing I took from this episode, as most episodes, is that Kathleen is a little scary. Which is awesome.

Thunderous Cacophony:
I know some restaurants use their grease for fuel, but I can't imagine there is a lot of profit in it.

It's worth enough to turn a profit on what would otherwise be garbage. I'm not sure it's actually lucrative on its own, though.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here