Miracle of Sound: Resistance (Wolfenstein: The New Order Song)

Your songs are just about the best game trailers I've ever seen!

Love the pacing of this one (kind'a get a Duke Nukem sort'a vibe, for some reason) and the lyrics are pretty damn clever (even by your standards)

Kudos, once again! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to give BandCamp some more of my money.

Well, that's another one to add to the BandCamp collection... Level 5 is going to be awesome!

CAPTCHA: this is it

Oh wow. Oh wow wow wow.

Look... I don't know why, that article on anti-nazi resistance from critical intel probably helps, but this song really resonated with me. It just perfectly captures that feeling of strength in the face of totalitarianism and cruelty.

WW2 can be a... Sensitive issue in my family. This song just... It speaks to me.

Oh yeah, this is going straight to the top of my favorite songs list. Your songs have a tendency to end up there, you know, and I thank you for it... and play them daily :D

Sometimes I feel like your songs only capture an aspect of a game or movie whereas others capture the entire tone and heart of a game. This is certainly the latter, great work!

Holy crap, that was amazeballs :D

Edifying, stirring, inspiring stuff. Put me more in mind of the resistance fighters across France & Europe during the war than the Yanks, and that's awesome.

I really want to shoot Nazi monsters now!

colostomizer:

Kudos, once again! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to give BandCamp some more of my money.

Thank you good sir :)

truckspond:
Well, that's another one to add to the BandCamp collection... Level 5 is going to be awesome!

CAPTCHA: this is it

And you!

ShirowShirow:
Oh wow. Oh wow wow wow.

Look... I don't know why, that article on anti-nazi resistance from critical intel probably helps, but this song really resonated with me. It just perfectly captures that feeling of strength in the face of totalitarianism and cruelty.

WW2 can be a... Sensitive issue in my family. This song just... It speaks to me.

Glad you got such a kick from it :) That was what i wanted to convey in the music, a sense of dread & fear but then the elation of smashing through it

Kerethos:
Oh yeah, this is going straight to the top of my favorite songs list. Your songs have a tendency to end up there, you know, and I thank you for it... and play them daily :D

Nice :)

Boba Frag:
Holy crap, that was amazeballs :D

Edifying, stirring, inspiring stuff. Put me more in mind of the resistance fighters across France & Europe during the war than the Yanks, and that's awesome.

I really want to shoot Nazi monsters now!

Do! it's a game well worth picking up :)

Shanahanapp:
Sometimes I feel like your songs only capture an aspect of a game or movie whereas others capture the entire tone and heart of a game. This is certainly the latter, great work!

It was an easy game to get inspired by, really great writing :)

Next up MarioKart8?
That would be a challenge :D

I guess most songs you make, are games that have an interesting story or a point to make, so you already have a basis for the lyrics or the meaning/story you want to tell with the lyrics!
MarioKart would be difficult to turn into a song :P

This one was great, nice song once again!

Guffe:
Next up MarioKart8?
That would be a challenge :D

I was hoping for Transistor, it is easier than MK =)

Great song. Felt a bit like Fistful of Concrete, don't know why =)

another great song, thanks so much!

Fuck this song is sooooooooo good! You've knocked it out of the park again man, well done! Watching the video makes me want to play the game now... Maybe when it's on sale I'll pick it up.

Again, fantastic stuff man!

Good one Gav! I think I'll pick this one up on bandcamp. I'll be honest, a large stretch of the recent have been well done, but didn't inspire me to have to have them on my collection. I don't know, they seemed to be ttrying to hard. THis one is back to the type of sound that first drew me to your songs.

I hate to say anything remotely critical about this song, because it's another stellar MoS creation, but I can't help but feel that you're kind of holding back on the vocals for the purpose of making them clean/flawless. And whilst spot-free vocals are good, what a track like THIS needs is some really powerful delivery. Of course, I don't expect you to give a Bruce Dickinson-like performance, but his style is probably what you should be aiming for here. Because to me, it does feel like you're tightening your chest and keeping the vocals quiet and restrained, when what this song NEEDS is some loud, aggressive, full sounding vocals, even if they're not perfect.

Otherwise, this is a great, climactic, epic song. Excellent writing once again.

One of your most metal videos yet! Once a month is not enough!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here