Trailers: Dead Island 2 - E3 Trailer

Dead Island 2 - E3 Trailer

Those guys behind Dead Island sure do make an amazing trailer that probably won't have anything to do with the final product.

Watch Video

I guess this time we get the tearjerker.

Edit: i just saw that it's form YAGER, the "SPEC OPS: THE LINE"-people. The hell?

The first Dead Island trailer was sad, and we got a B-movie atmosphere in the actual game.
Logically, we will get a depressing Dead Island 2, since the trailer is pretty funny.

But seriously, looking forward to the new game.

That was pretty funny.

Like the last games, the trailers are great. And the games will be nothing but a massive disappointment. I remember getting worried as well when naughty Dog thought that Dead Island was going to be competing against Last of Us. Not even close to the same category...

zombiejoe:
The first Dead Island trailer was sad, and we got a B-movie atmosphere in the actual game.
Logically, we will get a depressing Dead Island 2, since the trailer is pretty funny.

That might be what the marketing department wants you to think.

I noticed the different tone from the previous game's trailer. I wonder if that's highly intentional.

Reaper195:
Like the last games, the trailers are great. And the games will be nothing but a massive disappointment. I remember getting worried as well when naughty Dog thought that Dead Island was going to be competing against Last of Us. Not even close to the same category...

You see, this is something that makes me angry at both the advertisement team and the general crowd.

I knew about Dead Island before the infamous trailer, and continued to read about it after the trailer. I came in expecting just an island to explore and zombies to fight, and took the trailer as its own little thing. Obviously I'm not saying "hur dur trailers are meaningless", because yes, it was dumb to use a trailer that promoted a completely different tone than the actual game. But the sheer fact that so many people believed Dead Island was going to be some emotional exploration of a zombie story, a la The Last of Us, instead of further looking into the game, also seems silly.

They aren't great games, but they should be judged based on the game itself, not by how well it fit with its trailer.

zombiejoe:

Reaper195:

You see, this is something that makes me angry at both the advertisement team and the general crowd.

I knew about Dead Island before the infamous trailer, and continued to read about it after the trailer. I came in expecting just an island to explore and zombies to fight, and took the trailer as its own little thing. Obviously I'm not saying "hur dur trailers are meaningless", because yes, it was dumb to use a trailer that promoted a completely different tone than the actual game. But the sheer fact that so many people believed Dead Island was going to be some emotional exploration of a zombie story, a la The Last of Us, instead of further looking into the game, also seems silly.

They aren't great games, but they should be judged based on the game itself, not by how well it fit with its trailer.

It had nothing to do with the trailer being excellent and the game not. It was the developer constantly saying that Dead Island as going to have an emotional connection to the player like no other zombie game. The developers and publisher constantly went on saying that you were going to feel exactly what you did during the trailer. Before the game came out (This was also about a year before everything became about pre-orders and bullshit like Colonial Marines being outright lies), there was next to no reason to not think this game was going to be of the quality similar to Last of Us. In the end, we got an open world to explore with some pretty shithouse controls, a crap story, terrible voice acting and the worst implementation of "This game could be fun. But you WILL need three other people for it to be so."

Dead Island 1 was a piece of garbage, even if you take the lying trailer out of the equation. Why is this franchise still alive?

RealRT:
Dead Island 1 was a piece of garbage, even if you take the lying trailer out of the equation. Why is this franchise still alive?

It's not alive...it's UNDEAD.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here