5 Video Games That Played Like Comic Books

5 Video Games That Played Like Comic Books

Comic books aren't just gracing our movie screens: they're a mainstay in today's gaming market, too.

Read Full Article

Fuck yeah, Comix Zone! The other games in this list aren't slouches, but Comix Zone deserves more recognition.

I remember liking XIII, it's sad it ended on a cliffhanger, I guess Ubisoft had more sequels planned, it's a shame they didn't ge the chance to continue the story.

RealRT:
Fuck yeah, Comix Zone! The other games in this list aren't slouches, but Comix Zone deserves more recognition.

Agreed, although it was one of those games that everyone played but nobody finished.

...Except me. I finished it. I even got the "good ending" after a few tries. (Saving the girl at the end is pretty damn hard.)

TheMadDoctorsCat:

RealRT:

Agreed, although it was one of those games that everyone played but nobody finished.

...Except me. I finished it. I even got the "good ending" after a few tries. (Saving the girl at the end is pretty damn hard.)

I've beaten it several times over. Actually, getting the good ending ain't so hard - lure Mortus to the lowest level, then pull the lever. He'll be hurt by rocket emissions. Do it several times and he'll be done with quickly. Then git the flying bastards and save Alyssa.

I'm one of those people who found Comix Zone way too hard, I don't think I've even managed to get through the first level the few times I played it.

Comix Zone would have been interesting if, late in the game, Mortus informs Sketch's allies that Sketch is, in fact, the author, and designer of the destroyed world, and the architect of all the characters' pain and strife. Then they start to consider him the real villain, and you have to fight them too.

No mention of Max Payne? It was in comic form. It was legendary back when it released. If XIII is on there, Max Payne should be too.

Good article, nice choices however:

Most readers will be more familiar with 2005's XIII than the original French comic book, but Ubisoft was certainly didn't hide its graphic novel roots

proof read, proof read, proof read!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here