Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Beaches in Video Games

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Top 5 Beaches in Video Games

Lisa kicks back for some fun in the sun with the best beaches in video games.

Watch Video

I like Corona...not my favorite, but not awful

Corona is pretty awful. I'm glad she doesn't make Top 5 beer related list instead.

As long as anyone keeps drinking Pabst, I don't see why anyone would make fun of someone for drinking Corona.

fantastic list and a positive message about underage drinking, basically saying "Don't do it or I will punch you." You don't hear messages that straight-forward anymore. Not that disappointed none of the beaches from Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag were on here.

Would have put in the beach from Jak&Daxter or maybe Pokitaru from Ratchet&Clank

Or how about (N.)Ryoshima coast from Okami? You can ride an orca, go look for treassure on islands and search for a haunted, sunken ship!

I really don,t seem to play lot of games with beaches.... the only one that come to my mind is the santa-Monica pier in Vampiere the Mascarade Bloodlines

I raise my glass of Captain Morgan for your health.

Also, any list mentioning Shy Guys in any form is worth celebrating. Well, at least for me.

Michster:
Would have put in the beach from Jak&Daxter or maybe Pokitaru from Ratchet&Clank

awwww yeaaaaaahhhh! Pokitaru!!!! XD gawwdd I remember that place always giving me trouble when first getting into the R&C series, but at the same time it looked pretty fun, minus the space ships and death wildlife. mad props to insomniac, their environments always looked pretty nice for the overall games =)

What, you're saying you wouldn't want to vacation on the beach from Half-Life 2? You're going to let a small Antlion infestation stop you?

Life's a beach, Lisa. Good choices.

What? No Isle Delfino from Super Mario Sunshine or Plunder Island from Curse of Monkey Island (can't remember the name of the beach)??!! Ok I'm being bias but still.

I think out of all top whatever lists yours have always been the most fun for me and I enjoy your work.

Every time I see a clip of Banko Kazooie, I remember how awesome that game was...

Did that rumored Banjokatwoie ever actually come out?

I could google it... but... lazy.

Continuity-wise, will we get top 5 hangovers? Conker's Bad Fur Day and Max Payne 3 come to mind...

OT: Can't go wrong with Grant's music :D
That's a pretty good list.

Draconalis:
Every time I see a clip of Banko Kazooie, I remember how awesome that game was...

Did that rumored Banjokatwoie ever actually come out?

I could google it... but... lazy.

You mean... Banjo-Tooie? The game that came out in 2000???
Or do you mean... The Horror

You know what's better to drink during summer? Slush! My cousin taught me how to make this drink mix that you put in fruit-flavored soda, turning any soda into an alcoholic slurpee. It's absolutely delicious and perfect for a really hot day. Plus, it's weak as hell, so you can drink a real lot without getting drunk. If anyone wants the recipe, just let me know.

Well, I know it's recent content and all, but if I may add my favorite beach to the list, it would have to be Risa from Star Trek Online.

LysanderNemoinis:
You know what's better to drink during summer? Slush! My cousin taught me how to make this drink mix that you put in fruit-flavored soda, turning any soda into an alcoholic slurpee. It's absolutely delicious and perfect for a really hot day. Plus, it's weak as hell, so you can drink a real lot without getting drunk. If anyone wants the recipe, just let me know.

Not sure if it's wise to trust a recipe from someone who uses an UMBRELLA corp logo as their avatar. Tell me straight, are you trying to test Bio-Weapon juice on unsuspecting forumers??? ARE YOU WESKER!?!?! J'accuse!

Kidding aside, yeah Corona is awful. But I'm notoriously picky with my beer, so you can't go by what I say. :)

Aptspire:

You mean... Banjo-Tooie? The game that came out in 2000???

That one.

I kinda lost touch with it. Last I remember, it was in the process of being pushed back. I kinda assumed it fell through entirely.

Was it good?

Hmmm, well Lisa's taste in games is far different from mine.

Speaking purely for beaches my list would probably include the beginning of the first "Dead Island" as the tropical resort part of the game was kind of fun/cool and different from other zombie games, once you left that area though things got more traditional. Also while it was just a collection of mini-games the beach environment of "Dead Or Alive X-treme Beach Volleyball" was well designed, albeit it was just an excuse to have highly stylized anime ladies wandering around in their swimsuits.

Speaking of swimsuits maybe if we send a petition Lisa will do her next Top 5 from the pool (pervy grin). :)

Damn it Lisa, I want your job so I can drink on the job. I don't actually drink I just think that'd be cool.

Darth_Payn:
fantastic list and a positive message about underage drinking, basically saying "Don't do it or I will punch you." You don't hear messages that straight-forward anymore. Not that disappointed none of the beaches from Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag were on here.

I had the same thought, but figured that game might be too recent. Besides I just picked up a copy on the STEAM sale (despite my dislike for Ubisoft, and mixed opinions of Assassin's Creed) since I like pirates and it looked like a decent way to get a fix. It runs okay, but not great, even when I turn the settings down from high to normal (it defaults to high, my computer is still decent) the animations seem a bit off (slow and not as fluid as they should be), and I'd be somewhat miffed to hear people singing it's praises for purely personal reasons.

That said I'm guessing Lisa wouldn't make a very good pirate, which is probably why there weren't any pirate games on this particular list. After all, you never hear pirates complain their booze is too warm. :)

ZZoMBiE13:

LysanderNemoinis:

Not sure if it's wise to trust a recipe from someone who uses an UMBRELLA corp logo as their avatar. Tell me straight, are you trying to test Bio-Weapon juice on unsuspecting forumers??? ARE YOU WESKER!?!?! J'accuse!

Kidding aside, yeah Corona is awful. But I'm notoriously picky with my beer, so you can't go by what I say. :)

Um...shit... *runs off to report to his superiors that someone blew his cover*

No, I'm not Wesker. Wesker's dead. Unless I'm...Alex Wesker! Dun-dun-dunnn! I've never had Corona, and I'm not even a beer drinker, as I only seem to like "girly drinks." Seriously though, Slush is a damn miracle drink, and I'd drink it all the time if I wasn't so worried about not getting drunk. It's really cheap to make too. For about thirty bucks, you can make like a gallon of the stuff.

LysanderNemoinis:

ZZoMBiE13:

LysanderNemoinis:

No, I'm not Wesker. Wesker's dead. Unless I'm...Alex Wesker! Dun-dun-dunnn! I've never had Corona, and I'm not even a beer drinker, as I only seem to like "girly drinks." Seriously though, Slush is a damn miracle drink, and I'd drink it all the time if I wasn't so worried about not getting drunk. It's really cheap to make too. For about thirty bucks, you can make like a gallon of the stuff.

I never really cared if a drink seemed "girly" or not. I'll order whatever sounds good. Pink, fruity, sweet or any point in between. If it tastes good that's all I really need. About the only thing I won't order is Tequilla. It affects me in unpredictable ways and I don't enjoy that so I rarely partake except for an occasional margarita with a plate of fajitas.

As I've gotten older though, I've become more of a scotch drinker than anything else. My girlfriend says it tastes like licking a campfire. Maybe so, but I still like it better than anything else. :)

I have to admit though, you do have me curious. If you want to share your Bio-Weapon slushie cocktail recipe, I would be interested in hearing it.

ZZoMBiE13:

LysanderNemoinis:

ZZoMBiE13:

I never really cared if a drink seemed "girly" or not. I'll order whatever sounds good. Pink, fruity, sweet or any point in between. If it tastes good that's all I really need. About the only thing I won't order is Tequilla. It affects me in unpredictable ways and I don't enjoy that so I rarely partake except for an occasional margarita with a plate of fajitas.

As I've gotten older though, I've become more of a scotch drinker than anything else. My girlfriend says it tastes like licking a campfire. Maybe so, but I still like it better than anything else. :)

I have to admit though, you do have me curious. If you want to share your Bio-Weapon slushie cocktail recipe, I would be interested in hearing it.

Sent you an e-mail with the recipe. And aside from Slush, the only thing I ever drink is Mike's Hard Lemonade (and all it's various flavors) and the occasional mixed drink like Kamikazes and Harvey Wallbangers.

Go home, Lisa. You're drunk.

I've never had Corona, so I won't judge either way. And now I'm going to have some semi-dry Riesling. Or, as I like to call it, a good cuddle in a glass.

No Sandover Village/Sentinel Beach from Jak & Daxter? Lisa, I am disappoint.
Also, don't drink Corona. It's pee.

1.) Beer should be in room temp glasses, cold or frozen glasses screw with the carbonation/flavor of the beer. Trust me, I'm an expert.
2.) Corona's not bad, but if you are doing a summer beer: Bell's Oberon for life!

Mildly surprised one of the Xtreme Beach Volleyballs wasn't mentioned or shown a clip of :)

Anyone ever play ape escape? That had a great beach level.

Also, I feel like a bit of a snob, in that, my first thought upon seeing the title was of Ico.

Costa del Sol from either FFVII or FFXIV.

Unknown World from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Good god, I loved that planet so much that I didn't want to continue with the story just so I could stay a bit longer.

What, no Dark Souls Ash Lake? Pff, weak.

Seriously though, the Ash Lake is awesome and it is technically a beach. It's just amazing in a very different way than the ones in this video.

Damn it! I want to go to the beach now, even though I too must lurk in the shadows.

If you're gonna be drinking on the beach you really should drink a Hurricane.

Damn it! Now I want a Hurricane too.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or