The Summer Solstice Signals The Season of The Sausage Party

The Summer Solstice Signals The Season of The Sausage Party

No fedoras were harmed during the making of this comic.

Read Full Article

It take it that this means you are...somewhat peckish?

I hope the sausage people don't have too much trouble with those steps. :c

Where did the skull iconography come from if it's a world full of sausages?

The Donner reunions bouncy castle is not as innocent as it appears. The purpose is to wear out the little sausages, so that when the choose one to eat, it can't run away. They never quite forgot the taste you see...

I nearly laughed my casing off.

kailus13:
Where did the skull iconography come from if it's a world full of sausages?

Their natural predators. Those teeth are definitely made for masticating.

Wowowow! Hold the phone! Why are they eating bbq'd sausages?

That last picture made me think "War of the living wieners" stopmotion film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPTT5ufaUSQ but in there the Sausages are not heroic.

freaper:

Because they are delicious
and when you eat the flesh of another you take on their power
and absorb their spirit.
It is the way of the sausage.

L3D:
That last picture made me think "War of the living wieners" stopmotion film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPTT5ufaUSQ but in there the Sausages are not heroic.

I missed this excellent post.
That film looks like it was made for me!
I wish I spoke Finnish.

"I was going to draw a pile of tiny shoes outside the Donner Party bouncy house but sausages don't have feet and that would be ridiculous."

Oh indeed, the absurdity of sausage shoes would have been a tipping point of absurdity. We'd have imploded into an absurd singularity and taken the rest of your excellent comics with us. And that would just be a damned shame.

freaper:

Because it's the Donner Party reunion. Forced to feed on their own kind, they found that once back in civilisation they missed the sweet taste of sausageflesh.

Nick Lerman:

I missed this excellent post.
That film looks like it was made for me!
I wish I spoke Finnish.

You don't need to learn Finnish, just enable the Youtube subtitles and you can get the English subtitles, sorry that I forgot to mention that.

i mean, if sausages wore shoes, that would look vaguely obscene, and we can't expose the kids to that kind of vulgarity in such an innocent setting as a sausage party

kailus13:

freaper:

Because it's the Donner Party reunion. Forced to feed on their own kind, they found that once back in civilisation they missed the sweet taste of sausageflesh.

Why didn't they just call in for a helicopter lift? Seems like they ate each other a little too readily.

Signa:

kailus13:

freaper:

Why didn't they just call in for a helicopter lift? Seems like they ate each other a little too readily.

Shit, got the date wrong. eighteenforty-six. I should fix that.

Thinking about it though, those must be some really old sausages by now.

Admist? Amidst.

....What?

Maybe I'm just tired, but I've gone over this comic three times now and I honestly have no idea what it's about, what it's saying or what it's alluding to. Can anyone enlighten me?

So where do vegan sausages come into this? You know, those soy- or tofu-based but seasoned things or whatever?

gridsleep:
Admist? Amidst.

Oof, good find. I also missed "wistfully." Apologies, I must do better.

Dragonlayer:
....What?
Maybe I'm just tired, but I've gone over this comic three times now and I honestly have no idea what it's about, what it's saying or what it's alluding to. Can anyone enlighten me?

I do appreciate your thoroughness. You are like my wife who looked at this comic and said, "at least it's colorful."

Skeleon:
So where do vegan sausages come into this? You know, those soy- or tofu-based but seasoned things or whatever?

I am uncertain. I assume they are meditating in the desert somewhere seeking enlightenment from the syzygies in the celestial sphere.

The small detail in your work is impressive. I really enjoy your comic, and look forward to it every week.

Hot dogs eating hot dogs made of hot dogs. Nick Lerman must throw the most spectacular summer soirees of the town.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here