Critical Miss: Hardline

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Critical Miss: Hardline

Unlock the golden nightstick for just $2.99!

Read Full Article

Well that's what happens when you resist arrest form the sunshine plant police. You get a face full of nightstick... and peas.

Hell EA already did the whole "Plants vs zombies is a mediocre shooter now" thing. Making that into some mildly creepy looking frostbite engine, micro-payment infested thing was a good demonstration of how creatively bankrupt EA really is. This is more possible than i'd like to think it should be.

'Inevitable racism in the comments'

I don't think I've ever looked forward to the tabs as much as I have the comic XD

'You have been arrested, unlock judicial system for 5.99?'

Daystar Clarion:

I don't think I've ever looked forward to the tabs as much as I have the comic XD

He would have fared better if he'd payed 10.99 for a different colored skin option. And then say charging for skins in games is purely aesthetic...

Would Plants versus Rodney King be like a single player against a team? Or a multiplayer bonus stage from Street fighter, with a reskinned car? Oh! Maybe Rodney King is also controlled by a team, but each team member gets to control a limb.

I look forward to the Daily Mail or similar getting a hold of the last panel then releasing an article about how its a new game being developed, and how it symbolises the fall of morality and the corruption of our children.

Dead Space 2 was already effectively "Coppers vs Necromorphs", which is a shame because the EDF Marines had incredibly awesome looking RIGs and really should have been called to the Sprawl.

He he he, the Necromorph looks like a Beagle Boy... or maybe that's just me.

As to that last panel... the sequel with Reginald Kenny will be better, everyone likes a sandbox right?

That's what you get for disturbing the peas....

....I feel so dirty.

Plant boys plant boys, whatcha gonna do?

Is it bad that I now REALLY want to play Dead Space: Cops and Robbers?

Then again, maybe I'm just starved for Dead Space since they've seemingly killed the franchise...

TheLittlestAirship:
Would Plants versus Rodney King be like a single player against a team? Or a multiplayer bonus stage from Street fighter, with a reskinned car? Oh! Maybe Rodney King is also controlled by a team, but each team member gets to control a limb.

There was a riot, so 2 teams.

Its 2 teams. Rioters vs cops. 2 players will be taken from each team and be the talking heads in press interviews, and depending on how well those guys do their teams get bonuses to damage or reinforcements. Kinda like a commander. ...Kinda like Battlefield.

The winner is determined by who looks worse in the public's eye and how much damage is done. Rioters win if the cops can't handle the situation. ...kinda like battlefield.

Then there will be a bonus Rioters vs Korean store owners mode where you have to work together to keep your products safe from looters. ... kinda like battlefield.

And the best/worst part? This is all stuff that happened in the real world riots. Minus the commander bits. EA would have probably did this if they wanted to be edgy.

Los Angeles and California has a very colorful history. A lot of it is bad. No shortage of content there.

Then again, GTA: San Andreas covered the very real Rampart Scandal and no one called it racism. So EA might get off scott free if they did a Rodney King game.

Considering people are complaining about white cops beating up black people, Hardline probably already is a Rodney King simulator.

Plants vs Rodney king sounds like fun, but you know they're going to put out plants vs rioters dlc the next day.

IT really is just two armies fighting. I mean, why do supposed bank robbers have helicopters with chainguns?

I feel like maybe Rodney King jokes aren't timely anymore?

P.S. Thanks

I swear that you guys are purposely trying to implant controversy in your comics. Did the WGDF get you THAT many page clicks that the underlying context of it must now pop up at least once a week in your comics?

Dead Space: Cops and Robbers? I'd play that. ...well, maybe not.

Honestly, I've seen better mods for the old Battlefield games than what Hardline looks like as a reskin of Battlefield 4.

Beautiful tags.

Anyways, why can't all you commenters just give racial peas a chance?

... I'll go hang myself now.

Ultratwinkie:
*snip*

Don't forget the beginning phase. It where the team of cops beats down on Rodney King as fast as they can via quick time events, and the rioter team defends himself from the beating via quick-time events. That, handled alongside the how the press is handled, determines which team gets advantages when the game finally gets to the riot phase.

I feel like if Dead Space 3 was the one where you could have cops and robbers ... it would actually improve the game in comparison with it's original form. Because I can't even take it seriously to care what happens to it. *ouch burn...*

OT: The Plants vs King one made me laugh though XD.

I actually think a cops and robbers Dead Space game with necromorphs in their little stripy jumpers and masks would be pretty amusing.

Deathfish15:
I swear that you guys are purposely trying to implant controversy in your comics. Did the WGDF get you THAT many page clicks that the underlying context of it must now pop up at least once a week in your comics?

Is Rodney King that controversial anymore? I thought it was pretty much established fact at this point, that police brutality was in some way involved, regardless of how guilty he may or may not have been.

King Whurdler:

Deathfish15:

Is Rodney King that controversial anymore? I thought it was pretty much established fact at this point, that police brutality was in some way involved, regardless of how guilty he may or may not have been.

If jokes about an event that took place twenty years ago offend you, I made some jokes about the french revolution earlier this week that will blow your bollocks off.

The Wooster:

King Whurdler:

Deathfish15:

If jokes about an event that took place twenty years ago offend you, I made some jokes about the french revolution earlier this week that will blow your bollocks off.

What makes you think I'm the offended party?

King Whurdler:

The Wooster:

King Whurdler:

It's because your posts are black. Not that I'm judging. Some of my best posts are black.

Who's Rodney King? Nevermind, I'll google it.

Funnily enough, this might already be happening on the mod level...

Daystar Clarion:

"If you would like to acquire the services of Zombie Johnny Cochran, please pay $3,000.00 now or face Murder 1 charges and an all white jury."

It's not like the Dead Space series could get any more ridiculous.

Fasckira:
I look forward to the Daily Mail or similar getting a hold of the last panel then releasing an article about how its a new game being developed, and how it symbolises the fall of morality and the corruption of our children.

Do NOT give them any ideas!

Ooh. Edgy.

...What the @#$% is Hardline?

I mean, I presume we're not talking about this.

This offtopic but I think we should collectively boycott this new Battlefield. Militarized police force doesn't bother anyone? This is just part of the plan to desensitize us to our ever expanding police state. This is some serious Alex Jones type conspiracy shit that even sometimes we should pay attention too.

I lost it at Rodney King.

Peggle: Heist is pretty great, though.

Scars Unseen:

King Whurdler:

The Wooster:

It's because your posts are black. Not that I'm judging. Some of my best posts are black.

Just.. LMFAO. That made my day before work. Cheers

Callate:
Ooh. Edgy.

The latest battlefield(currently in beta), it has a counter-strike-esque cops vs robbers theme, though being a battlefield game, it of course has vehicles the players can use.

Callate:
Ooh. Edgy.

A 60€-reskin of Battlefield 4. (Which in itself was already a 60€-mod for BF3 but at least BF4 would've been worth selling - just not for full price)

Stop giving EA ideas!!!

Who knows how many spies they have hanging around forums looking for the next big money swindle?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here