Escapist News Now: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Escalation Gameplay

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Escalation Gameplay

We got a new look at gameplay from the popular Escalation mode in Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark.

Watch Video

I had no idea this was even coming out.

Does it have anything to do with the previous, not-movie-releated, games?

Tanis:

It's the sequel to Fall of Cybertron with the first half being in that style and then becoming a based on the films prequel/sequel/tie in thing with there style of robot. With something that makes it instantly superior to the films no humans.

I tried the first Game, War for Cybertron on a whim, and fell in love with the series. I got into the games too late to really enjoy the multiplayer, but the campiagns were fun.

First Activision guts 40 people from Highmoon Studios after Deadpool was finished, now they've handed a transformers game off to Edge of Reality? =/ Seriously, wtf?

Only thing I can think of is that they wanted Edge of Reality to flesh out the multiplayer (and milk more dlc out of it) since their recent game was Loadout.

But still, baffling why you would dump a studio that has proven it understands and loves the IP so much and has made two great games in the series. I guess Dark of the Moon was pretty terrible, but that probably wasn't their fault to begin with.

Also worried about the apparent 'movie tie-in' nature of this. Sounding more and more like a shitty shovelware cash grab. Fingers crossed it's not the case.

youji itami:

Tanis:

It's the sequel to Fall of Cybertron with the first half being in that style and then becoming a based on the films prequel/sequel/tie in thing with there style of robot. With something that makes it instantly superior to the films no humans.

Wonder if they will sell it to me for half the price if I want nothing to do with the other half of the game?

youji itami:

Tanis:

It's not a sequel, apparently it's set in between the games. So if you wanted it to remotely have anything to do with the end of the last game, you're out of luck.

Saying it has 40 or more characters for the multiplayer is null when most of them will probably be double ups, since it's going the worlds collide route.

It's had no marketing done which shows a lack of faith in the product already. As someone who loved the previous two games, this one just smells of a cash grab. I love the previous ones because it game me, someone who doesn't like the movies at all something to enjoy based on a franchise I love.

It's not an official sequel guys, just a spinoff.

Cash grab for the movie, can't wait to get it though ^^

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here