Escapist News Now: GTA Online Heists Delayed: Rockstar Apologizes For Missing Mode in Grand Theft Auto 5

GTA Online Heists Delayed: Rockstar Apologizes For Missing Mode in Grand Theft Auto 5

Rockstar Issues Apology For Missing Mode in Grand Theft Auto 5.

Watch Video

Does anyone even play GTA:O anymore? Last time i tried it was pretty much just griefers.

I still play it and enjoy it but even though I like what they have been doing overall (each month having new free content) they are really fucking it up with the heists thing.

They should have never said that it would be released now if they werent, this has been teased for nearly a year, its not as if just now they picked it up and noticed that they couldnt finish it on time. Also its very likely that they will only come out at the same time the game launches for next gen and PC, making the Spring announcement even weirder.

I am not all that hyped about them and the payout for me really doesnt matter since I care more about doing the shooting then to replay the same thing over and over for the sake of money, so I wont be sad if the payouts turn out to be small.

I bet that they have a lot of work cut for them (keeping the game running, the free content, the heists and the ports, the PC version will even have the popular video editor tool) but this is the game that sold a shit ton of copies so get up to it and deliver on the promises, or at least be more open about it instead of waiting for the last day of spring to say:

"Oh, you are still waiting? Its not coming."

Being quiet about something like this only makes people more impatient.

Darth Sea Bass:
Does anyone even play GTA:O anymore? Last time i tried it was pretty much just griefers.

Not really, but it is basically just people replaying the same 2 missions (Coveted and rooftop Rumble) over and over again because its the only reasonable way to grind for xp and money. Heists, I take it, are suppose to change that.

Guess we'll have to wait a little longer for that.

Here's an idea:

1. Put heists on hold
2. Work on getting a PC version out ASAP
3. Watch the mod scene closely to see how they handle making their own heists
4. Hire the individual or team that made the most popular heist mod and have him/her/them work on making an official Heist mode
5. Realize that, perhaps, it's time to pay more attention to the PC scene nowadays if modders can make something better than the offical team

Just saying R*, the PC crowd are more than willing to help you with your development problems, but you've got to open the door to us first...

Dr.Awkward:
Here's an idea:

1. Put heists on hold
2. Work on getting a PC version out ASAP
3. Watch the mod scene closely to see how they handle making their own heists
4. Hire the individual or team that made the most popular heist mod and have him/her/them work on making an official Heist mode
5. Realize that, perhaps, it's time to pay more attention to the PC scene nowadays if modders can make something better than the offical team

Just saying R*, the PC crowd are more than willing to help you with your development problems, but you've got to open the door to us first...

Hey, if they wanted community people to make Heists for them, there's already people on the consoles doing it...

OT: Yes, it's nice that GTA has made so many lovely shirts and glasses available to people. However, it's crazy that it has been 10 months and they are still missing many of the most popular game modes from GTA IV, despite people asking for them and Rockstar promising them. All the free clothes DLC in the world won't make the game any better.

-Market game around heists like crazy.
-Sell record setting numbers of game
-Have 3 (Jewelry, FBI, Gold. Not counting the ones where you get no options at all on how to do it) heists in the entire game.
-Continue to not have your most advertised feature for a year (since it'll probably be with the next-gen releases).
-Throw shovel-DLC (Retextured t-shirts, woo?) to placate masses?

Admittedly, I didn't get into GTA anywhere near the crowd that threw GotY awards and so on at it, and my experience with the online was just incessant griefers trying to run you over, and regulatory systems that punish you for blowing their cars up and stopping them. I don't see why there isn't ridiculous levels of backlash on Rockstar for this and the "Oh yeah, our bad" apology they keep making while throwing hat packs out as compensation.

I, for one, can't wait. Even if I am miffed about the lateness. I haven't had Live for a while so I haven't played it for a few months, but I hear that people quickly became bored and stopped playing GTA Online. I don't understand that. Me and my friends have hardly scratched the surface of ways in which to arse about on that game, yet people seem to be going 'money's easy to get so it's boring'. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who played the GTA games because of the multitude of stupid shit to do, for instance we discovered that one of the trucks allows you to stand in the back and remain there even at speed. That alone lasted us for over a week, jumping from one to the other, onto trains, leaping the truck over ramps with someone in the back and using it as a mobile gun platform (with a minigun, that surprised some people). Often fucking up in wonderful ways provides the greatest laughs, and heists sound like they'll give many opportunities for that.

I am going to re-buy it for PC so I don't have to buy Live.

ambitiousmould:
I, for one, can't wait. Even if I am miffed about the lateness. I haven't had Live for a while so I haven't played it for a few months, but I hear that people quickly became bored and stopped playing GTA Online. I don't understand that. Me and my friends have hardly scratched the surface of ways in which to arse about on that game, yet people seem to be going 'money's easy to get so it's boring'. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who played the GTA games because of the multitude of stupid shit to do, for instance we discovered that one of the trucks allows you to stand in the back and remain there even at speed. That alone lasted us for over a week, jumping from one to the other, onto trains, leaping the truck over ramps with someone in the back and using it as a mobile gun platform (with a minigun, that surprised some people). Often fucking up in wonderful ways provides the greatest laughs, and heists sound like they'll give many opportunities for that.

I am going to re-buy it for PC so I don't have to buy Live.

I think the biggest problem is that people already did all that stuff in the other games so it looses a lot of the thrills.

Some type of fun is exclusive to the previous GTA games (jetpacks for example) while other is exclusive to GTAV (that thing you said with the truck for example, its really cool to do missions that way or even just mess around).

I do think that people arent really pulling their 12 year old inner self to be creative, it seems everyone is just trying to be the most efficient possible to level up and "finish" the game. There are so many ways of doing the online missions that they are totally worth replaying, yet people only replay the easy ones that have a big pay (Coveted, Potshots or Rooftop Rumble). There are even a lot of things that while not pratical for the completion of the mission are still very fun to do.

I bet many of us waisted way too much time doing stupid shit in previous GTA games, and here it seems that no one is really trying to do anything out of the norm.

We were promised a criminal MMORPG and got a dumbed-down TPP shooter without any of the teamwork or planning. The trailer made it look like an action version of PS Home, players were meant to gang up and tackle jobs together, now they're grinding the same 3 missions and grief others incessantly. Online's nowhere near as fun and absorbing as story mode, and only becomes worthwhile when you've a couple of actual friends to play with, preferably with headsets.

And a max of 16 players in a world THAT big? Please.

donphantome35:
a dumbed-down TPP shooter without any of the teamwork or planning.

donphantome35:
and only becomes worthwhile when you've a couple of actual friends to play with, preferably with headsets.

Well, duh.

What other games have players work with teamwork and planning without any sort of communications? I dont really see how you can blame it on the game for that. You can also play Arma without talking to anyone with complete strangers and its absolute shit (basicly the F2P Arma 2 version, and since that is on the PC you can still talk using text, even then its still shit), the fact that you dont play it with friends and a headset is your fault (the headset mainly if you are playing on an xbox 360, since the PS3 doesnt bring one by default then that part is Sony's fault).

There are certain games that are only really worth playing with people you know like Left 4 Dead, Payday, the multiplayer in Portal 2.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here