Unskippable: Farming Simulator 15 and More E3 2014 Trailers!

Farming Simulator 15 and More E3 2014 Trailers!

Graham and Paul riff on another batch of overhyped E3 trailers! Except for Farming Simulator 15, that one looks pretty legit.

Watch Video

So after watching that trailer, I'm not sure I want Farming Simulator, but I AM certain I want one of those tree harvester machines.

wasn't expecting that first one. maby it's spanish.

I really feel that Farming Simulator trailer would have been 100% more awesome had it been set to the tune of "Toxic Love."

Falterfire:
So after watching that trailer, I'm not sure I want Farming Simulator, but I AM certain I want one of those tree harvester machines.

I'm right there with you. I can't find out the name of that machine, which is disappointing, as I'll need one to make a line-action Dead Rising.

EDIT:
According to the lovely people on the Farming Simulator forums, I learned the term "Ponsse forwarder." Ponsse is the company, and forwarder is the generic name for that type of vehicle. I have no idea which one it is (Ponsse makes a lot of them), but I'll go for the ElephantKing purely for the cool name.

That was some intense farming. Also for the Homefront trailer I couldn't tell who was who.

Thunderous Cacophony:

Falterfire:

I'm right there with you. I can't find out the name of that machine, which is disappointing, as I'll need one to make a line-action Dead Rising.

EDIT:
According to the lovely people on the Farming Simulator forums, I learned the term "Ponsse forwarder." Ponsse is the company, and forwarder is the generic name for that type of vehicle. I have no idea which one it is (Ponsse makes a lot of them), but I'll go for the ElephantKing purely for the cool name.

Oh yay a new one to lose hours in... lol

Actually, that is probably a Harvester, not a Forwarder. E.g.
http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/products/equipment/harvesters/tracked_harvesters/703jh/703jh.page?

Forwarders go around and pickup the little 'bushels' of logs from fallen trees, but Harvesters are the part that actually cut the tree, and some variants (as the one shown) will cut them to length as well. when they are at length usually a Forwarder can then come and grab them up, otherwise, it is usually a skidder that has to drag them out of the bush and leaves them in one place for them to be delimbed, and cut to length.

Of course all of this is going off memory from like 15-20 years ago so who knows what has changed since then.

Scars Unseen:
I really feel that Farming Simulator trailer would have been 100% more awesome had it been set to the tune of "Toxic Love."

'I do believe we are destined to be... soul... mates. UNH!' </tim curry>

I wasn't aware they did the Sports games thing with Farming Simulator, putting out one each year with a number one higher than the current year. Although farming probably has had more noteworthy updates in a year than sports. Was there ever a SimFarm game? I feel like there was but can't remember. The only farm game I've liked was Harvest Moon. A 3DS release of THAT would get me interested.

I lost it at the petrified trees bit, I don't care if it was unintentional.

Why in the world was Farming Simulator's trailer the best directed?

Demagogue:

Thunderous Cacophony:

EDIT:

http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/products/equipment/harvesters/tracked_harvesters/703jh/703jh.page?

Forwarders go around and pickup the little 'bushels' of logs from fallen trees, but Harvesters are the part that actually cut the tree, and some variants (as the one shown) will cut them to length as well. when they are at length usually a Forwarder can then come and grab them up, otherwise, it is usually a skidder that has to drag them out of the bush and leaves them in one place for them to be delimbed, and cut to length.

Of course all of this is going off memory from like 15-20 years ago so who knows what has changed since then.

Thanks for letting me know- that one you linked does look a lot more like the machine from the clip. I guess my heavy machinery identification skills are not up to snuff.

Say what you will about Farming Simulator but it's a fun game. I want the new forwarder!!

One of the funniest yet! I liked the crack about the first Homefront game and snickering over Paul's petrified pun. That must have been the first time I heard you guys laugh through one of these things!

Thunderous Cacophony:

Demagogue:

Thunderous Cacophony:

EDIT:

Thanks for letting me know- that one you linked does look a lot more like the machine from the clip. I guess my heavy machinery identification skills are not up to snuff.

Aren't there also tree-cutting machines that move on legs instead of wheels? I swear I've seen pictures of one on Cracked .com and it looked SO badass.
The Farm Simulator 15, uh, "Trailer" does raise one question: how long has that series been going on for?! They're up to 15 already?!

Huh... have to say, the DA3 trailer didn't exactly make me optimistic for the game, there was just a feeling of genericness to it, which is a shame because I want the game to be good.

It took me a minute to get that petrified pun but I laughed a lot when I did :D

I laughed a lot at Paul's unintended pun, not going to lie.

designer 1: hmm guys maybe we should drop the farming bit and just make logging simulator.. i mean our trailer is already more about that anyway.

rest of designers : don't be silly...

The company that makes Farm Simulator is really in touch with the mods for the series, so they added a first person shooter where you can wash the equipment. At least that's what I heard from twitch via LRR.

leviadragon99:
Huh... have to say, the DA3 trailer didn't exactly make me optimistic for the game, there was just a feeling of genericness to it, which is a shame because I want the game to be good.

Are you implying the other Dragon Age games didn't seem alarmingly generic at a glance?

However they've announced that Cole from DA: Asunder is a companion now. He seems pretty cool. Companions are probably gonna be a mixed bag as usual, but eh... the shiny graphics really don't appeal to me. It looks like the entire world is coated in oil, it's weird.

The full saying actually goes, "The pen is equally mighty to the bomb, as long as you have a bunch of armed folk on your side hidden in the windows, but not if the other side has a tank, because even if you got an RPG you need two shots to take it out as Battlefield taught us." That's what my nonna always used to say.

Also, that Farming Simulator '15 trailer just makes me want to play Spintires.

If I didn't already know that tree cutting thing existed, I would have said it came straight out of a Captain Planet episode.

leviadragon99:

It sounds like they're playing it a lot safer than DA2, that's for sure. But given the response to DA2 I think that's possibly not a bad move. At least we're getting actual in-engine trailers rather than pre-rendered cinematics this time.

And.. does anyone else have the disturbing feeling that someone, somewhere is masturbating to that farming simulator trailer?

Watch it Graham, mentioning that shiny skin is considered racist on BSN.

I don't know anything about log cutting, but do they always leave that much wood go to waste? I mean, the top third of the trees were always discarded, branches and all.

But it does look intense. I'm sure the game is not that intense.

LMAO about the papers please comment!

Also Paul that RPG was a sabot round it looks like that to penetrate armor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabot
Most of the standard game RPG weapons you see are the antipersonnel ones.

...Why DID the trailer for Farming Simulator have the most dramatic music out of all the trailers? Prior to E3 someone should have lined up all the trailers and played them back to back, and then told the makers of all the horror games and world-saving games and what-have-you "guys, seriously, the video of a piece of logging equipment taking down a few trees beat everything you had to offer, combined. Go home and don't come back until you've fixed this."

orangeapples:
Why in the world was Farming Simulator's trailer the best directed?

Because it's gotten to the point where joke games are handled more seriously than the actual Triple A games?

Seriously, though, it's quite depressing when Farming Simulator almost sweeps its competition in terms of hype.

"What an odd choice of words."
Man that was really funny Paul.

top notch comedy as always.

My god, this damn farming simulator. Most epic tree cutting trailer ever

Dragon Age: Bioware cliché roundup edition.

Can't wait.

Also, was I the only one hoping that box was full of Mogwais?

Farming Sim really was the most exciting of the bunch.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here