Feed Dump: Teenagers Too Stupid to Steal Car

Teenagers Too Stupid to Steal Car

What does it take to a worse mayor than Rob Ford? The answer may surprise you!

Watch Video

We're supposed to be embarrassed by old summer jams? *looks at currently playing music, sees You Get What You Give and Fuck You in the queue* I feel no shame.

Also, I'm pretty sure the only reason you can't just climb into a tank and floor it is because you'd be confused by the six pedals.

Actually, funny enough, most modern Western tanks have automatic transmissions.

I'd be freaked out too if there was a random guy in an animal mask. Sitting there. With its cold staring eyes.

For reference, this is the mask in question:

Actually, Cam is right, it wasn't the mayor's dog. According to the mayor, he found the baggie of poop while walking, walked a bit with it, couldn't find a trash can, so he just through it on some person's lawn.

As I live near San Marino, there really wasn't anything else that city had to complain about.

From the Final Gear (Top Gear fansite) store:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/finalgear/works/8395630-mechanical-anti-theft-systems

Sometimes I get the urge to buy a cheap manual car just so I can teach all my friends to drive it. Of all my co-workers, I only have one who owns a manual. Too bad I don't have the space for a second car...

How many hookers constitutes a super-critical amount? Just for research purposes, of course..

And what happens when they reach critical mass?

Damn, thought one of you would be the Macarena.

Graham has stumbled upon a superb sequel idea to Enviro-bear 2000. Envirocubs 2003 will be the cooperative gameplay experience of the year.

Thunderous Cacophony:
We're supposed to be embarrassed by old summer jams? *looks at currently playing music, sees You Get What You Give and Fuck You in the queue* I feel no shame.

Also, I'm pretty sure the only reason you can't just climb into a tank and floor it is because you'd be confused by the six pedals.

" Why are there six pedals, if there are only four directions?! " -Kaboose

Aww, I wanted to see what sort of wacky costume Cam yanked down for the council meeting...

SilverStuddedSquirre:

Thunderous Cacophony:

" Why are there six pedals, if there are only four directions?! " -Kaboose

Good identification, but Caboose is spelled with a C.

Tanks are in fact manual. actually, some got even 18 gears, manually switched.

also is manual so rare in NA? here automatic is a rarity thats even advertised more towards "handicap can drive now too" than anything else.

My 11th grade English teacher tried to ban negative feedback on the units she chose to teach. It ended with everyone in class giving negative feedback. Nothing incites negative feedback like banning it.

Strazdas:

also is manual so rare in NA? here automatic is a rarity thats even advertised more towards "handicap can drive now too" than anything else.

Most regular town cars in NA are automatic because A: Convenience, B: easy to learn, and C: less chance of someone to fuck up a gear change and stop in the middle of the road. A lot of the bigger machines such as farm tractors, semis, and some larger trucks use manual due to them being used in areas where they need to be able to change gears.

I am actually in the armoured corp of my countries military and the tanks we use are automatic the idea being that in the middle of battle you'd want to have the least amount of things to mess around with as possible

Strazdas:

Actually the Abrams is automatic http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/M1a1_drivers_hole.jpg

The other westerns tanks are not if I remember right so you are half right

I keep forgetting the USA is far too lazy to change gears by hand :P

In Cam's scenario was he fired for giving out bribes or was he fired for excluding a Jewish person from his bribes? "The office of mayor has a proud tradition of corruption, but you've gone to far this time mayor. Antisemitism will not be tolerated. Give that Jew his bribe!"

And now I've got Oppa Gangam Style in my head.

Banning negative feedback? Sounds like they're trying to model their council meetings around Japanese company meetings. I read once that they do all their persuasion and convincing outside the meetings and only meet for the sake of nodding their heads and saying "We agree!" I guess it would make meetings a lot shorter.

uchytjes:
My 11th grade English teacher tried to ban negative feedback on the units she chose to teach. It ended with everyone in class giving negative feedback. Nothing incites negative feedback like banning it.

Same goes for just about anything you try to ban. People don't like being told what to do (most of the time).

kailus13:
I'd be freaked out too if there was a random guy in an animal mask. Sitting there. With its cold staring eyes.

For reference, this is the mask in question:

Whatever you do, DO NOT get in the back of that guy's van.

uchytjes:

Strazdas:

Most regular town cars in NA are automatic because A: Convenience, B: easy to learn, and C: less chance of someone to fuck up a gear change and stop in the middle of the road. A lot of the bigger machines such as farm tractors, semis, and some larger trucks use manual due to them being used in areas where they need to be able to change gears.

I have driven an automatic and i certainly understand the convienience.
As far as learning anf fucking up, all our driving test vehicles are manual. there is no "automatic only" license here, so you have to learn that regardless. Also automatic gearboxes are less realiable (as in, they break) which is quite important here. poor country, buy really used cars quite often. manual gearbox just lives longer. and is easier to fix too.

Never would have thought that most cars would be automatic anywhere, the more you know. Not that im against them, its just.... different.

Right after I got my license at 16, I got my then-boyfriend to teach me how to drive a manual transmission. Using his super-janky Suzuki Samurai, I got rather good at it. And the major reason why I decided to learn was because of the time where my family only had one car, it was a manual, and my mother refused to learn how to drive it. So we couldn't really go anywhere far without my dad, and that really sucked in our non-pedestrian friendly Southern Californian suburb.

Note: This is also the reason why I stopped reading The Devil Wears Prada after the first or second page. The heroine is having a crying fit because she can't smoke a cigarette while driving her boss's super-awesome sports car because it's a manual, and she stalls out in the middle of Manhattan traffic. Because I can do that and she couldn't I instantly thought that the heroine would never become likable to me, and so I stopped reading it immediately.

US tanks have had automatic transmissions since at lease the M48A5. I have trained in that tank and the M60. I guess I'm a bit of an old fart.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here