Escapist News Now: New Mighty No. 9 Gameplay Revealed

New Mighty No. 9 Gameplay Revealed

The development team at Comcept has released some new gameplay of Mighty No. 9 today, showcasing protagonist Beck running through a level heavily utilizing the dash traversal mechanic. We also get to see a bit of combat including a snippet of a boss fight.

Watch Video

Megaman Legends was the last one I remember playing. (The first 3D translation like Super Mario 64 was.)

This is a spiritual successor with different labels, but it definitely looks like Megaman. I'm interested how it'll turn out.

Ahhhh. There's nothing more sweet, than seeing Capcom suffer. See, Capcom? This is what happens when you mistreat your developers and fans - developers quit on you and make a new game without you and fans give them the money to do it, while giving you a finger. You had the whole deck on your hands and you blew it.

When "Call" first showed up on screen my brain said "hey there is Roll". Then you called her "call" and my brain still hadn't caught up and I was like "....thats totally Roll, what is she talking ab- Oh wow...it's Call!"

Looking pretty good now that the gameplay appears more fleshed out than conceptual. With the air dashing and graphical style, I'm getting way more of a Mega Max X vibe here than a traditional Mega Man vibe (which is very much a good thing IMO).

But...but...but I thought playable female characters cost too much money to make!!!

:P

Captcha: Hit The Hay
...how'd you know I'm about to call it a night?

daxterx2005:
When "Call" first showed up on screen my brain said "hey there is Roll". Then you called her "call" and my brain still hadn't caught up and I was like "....thats totally Roll, what is she talking ab- Oh wow...it's Call!"

Oddly enough, between the two characters, they make the name "RollCall". Totally coincidental, I'm sure.

OT: I wanna see this game succeed. Not only for vindication on Inafune's part, but also for seeing Capcom continued descent into irrelevance.

Maybe it's just me but..I'm still thinking 'And what's the big deal?' I mean I like megaman, I've played megaman X and yeah I kinda see the appeal but uhm.. what's the point?, Capcom could bury this by just releasing an HD remake of any of their MEgaman games...

I guess this is what Nostalgia does.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here