Shut Up and Sit Down: X-Wing Minis Game - More Like X-Bling!

X-Wing Minis Game - More Like X-Bling!

The guys take a look at some of the expansion sets for Fantasy Flight's Star Wars mini's game, X-Wing.

Watch Video

This review has seriously got me thinking about getting some of the X-Wing miniatures. But you've already got me to buy Netrunner, Arctic Scavengers, Pandemic (and one expansion so far). My game collection is getting so much bigger, and I love it.

I really, really wish I had the budget to invest more in X-Wing. Everything all these mini-expansions bring to the table sound so cool.

You guys really do make the game sound awesome, and I like the whole "everyone decides at once" angle. I just wish I had the spare cash and space to justify playing the game. Especially on a large scale.

"Absurdly expensive"

over 90 bucks for the blockade runner.

Shame because the game looks interesting, though I wonder how much money I'd save using all the star wars micro machines ships I saved since I was a kid. I have X-wings, Y-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings, and the different TIEs. All I'd need is a copy of rules and those cards under the ships.

There is a Kyle Katarn ship! Damn. I was hoping to resist this game a little more. Curses!

Nurb:
"Absurdly expensive"

over 90 bucks for the blockade runner.

Shame because the game looks interesting, though I wonder how much money I'd save using all the star wars micro machines ships I saved since I was a kid. I have X-wings, Y-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings, and the different TIEs. All I'd need is a copy of rules and those cards under the ships.

The 2 big ships are the only ones that are really expensive, everything else is very reasonable for a miniatures game. I've got a buddy that plays Warhammer and Warmachine and for the prices he talks about spending on a single army you could buy every ship currently available in xwing (including the big ones).

Yea, that IS a lightsabre in my pocket and I am indeed very happy to see you. *runs to the game store*

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here